Whaley not happy Bills haven't done more to address OL

@viccarucci: For those asking, OL help the #Bills clearly need will come from draft after failing to get Bryan Bulaga in FA & Jahri Evans via trade.

Yeah well, I'm still holding out hope that Whaley somehow finds the money to sign two more free agent linemen to finish this years dream team build. They need some road graders to allow all those shiny new toys to work. The last pieces needed for a real run at the playoffs. JMO

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah well, I'm still holding out hope that Whaley somehow finds the money to sign two more free agent linemen to finish this years dream team build. They need some road graders to allow all those shiny new toys to work. The last pieces needed for a real run at the playoffs. JMO

I'm still holding out hope that the Saints cut Evans as they still need some cap relief.

Calling NoSaint....any news on the Evans situation in Saints land?

Another factor to be considered is kuandjo in his second year. It is pretty clear he struggled making the transition to the NFL last year. He did not get much help it seems from the Bills coaches either. He is certainly not the first player to be overwhelmed in making the jump. The accounts of his offseason work and his descriptions of his approach and attitude one year to the next encourage me greatly that he will make a major jump in year 2.

I too hope that the extra work this off season and (hopefully( much better coaching/scheme have a positive effect on Kouandjio, but, I remember we once said similar things about Torrell Troup between his rookie and second seasons.

Your opinion that the OL needs upgrades is spot-on IMO. I don't like trusting to "maybe" this and that guy will step up. I keep thinking "May bees don't fly in September". If it was just one guy and we had 3-4 shots on goal, yeah, but we need upgrades at 2-3 positions (maybe Henderson or Kujo improves,maybe Incognito can still play, maybe Williams gets healthy and stays that way etc etc).

I'm not so much concerned on the money - I think if there's someone they really want, renegotiation will occur or the Turk will visit.

What I'm concerned about is do we really have the scouting expertise both in draft and in pro personnel to tell the difference between a poorly-utilized baller and another Cornell Green. It's my one biggest ?? about the current FO. Yeah, someone got it more or less right with Cordy Glenn, but who and are they still here, or gone?

Can't sign whats not out there, no one else is touching oline either. At this point I'd be surprised to see Evans cut, the Saints made their move trading Grubbs. There should be a plug and play guard available at 50, or at least a nice prospect to work in with Richie/Urbik. Unless one of the tackles drops, I don't see there being a better prospect than Kouandjio/Henderson in a position for us to take.

Roman helped make an all pro out of a guy few would touch in Alex Boone, I have hope we'll make something work.

Can't sign whats not out there, no one else is touching oline either. At this point I'd be surprised to see Evans cut, the Saints made their move trading Grubbs. There should be a plug and play guard available at 50, or at least a nice prospect to work in with Richie/Urbik. Unless one of the tackles drops, I don't see there being a better prospect than Kouandjio/Henderson in a position for us to take.

Roman helped make an all pro out of a guy few would touch in Alex Boone, I have hope we'll make something work.

lol "2 cases of beer a day" alex Boone