Best team in the NFL if you take out the QB position

What you are doing is convincing yourself we can't win before we even get out on the field. You should never stop believing. It's the ones that don't listen to statements such as "teams without great QBs don't win the big one" that go on to win the big one. Every rule can be broken. If the Bills go on to win a Super Bowl or even just make it to the Super Bowl, every team without a good QB will copycat our system.

I also disagree that a rookie and sophomore Sanchez is better than a veteran Cassel and 3rd year Manuel. Another ridiculous statement.

What is ridiculous is you believing that opinions and/or attitudes of fans affects the outcome of the games. The game is played on the field, not on message board. Absolutely asinine statement.

I am not convincing myself of anything. Its simply my belief that without a good QB, in today's NFL, odds are you are not winning the SB. It's not complicated actually. The Bills are doing the best they can out of a ****** situation.

Edited by Jets Hater

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My list of teams with most talent minus QB:

1. Seattle

2. Broncos

3. Packers

4. Colts

5. Texans

6. Cowboys

7. Bills

8. Bengals

9. Steelers

10. Rams

Just to clarify, you're not saying these teams, some of them atleast, are necessarily depleated at QB, just their QB is surrounded by talent, right?

Correct. I'm subtracting the QB.

The minute you add QB....some of these teams disappear from my top 10...maybe even 20. Some jump up.

I'll do that...the best teams overall so far:

1. Packers

2. Seattle

3. Colts

4. Broncos

5. Steelers

6. Pats

7. Cowboys

8. Bengals

9. Panthers

10. Chargers

I got the Bills, Lions, Dolphins, Giants, Saints, Texans, Chiefs, Rams, Falcons in the next tier. Pretty much the rest except:

Bottom 5:

1. Jets (not impressed..even if Mariota) edit...I'm removing them and putting Raiders here. Jets will not be bottom 5.

2. Titans

3. 49ers

4. Browns

5. Eagles (I just smell a Chip revolt)

Edited by Big Blitz

Correct. I'm subtracting the QB.

The minute you add QB....some of these teams disappear from my top 10...maybe even 20. Some jump up.

I'll do that...the best teams overall so far:

1. Packers

2. Seattle

3. Colts

4. Broncos

5. Steelers

6. Pats

7. Cowboys

8. Bengals

9. Panthers

10. Chargers

I got the Bills, Lions, Dolphins, Giants, Saints, Texans, Chiefs, Rams, Falcons in the next tier. Pretty much the rest except:

Bottom 5:

1. Jets (not impressed..even if Mariota)

2. Titans

3. 49ers

4. Browns

5. Eagles (I just smell a Chip revolt)

I honestly see either The Eagles being Super Bowl caliber, or entertainingly bad.

I see three major question marks at QB, an OL that isn't a strength which includes a guy who will make dumb mistakes. Watkins is as talented as any WR Buffalo has ever had, but has to prove it on the field. The secondary is a bit of a question mark and it looks like there is a question mark in the middle of the defense. All season, I see everyone talking about "Wait till Kiko is back" now we trade him for a running back.........

Add to this, a coach who acts like he spends more time prepping material for a press conference than for a game. Rex Ryan is not detail oriented to succeed long term in this league. I have the Bills finishing fourth in the AFC East. Sorry......

Rex is THE best qualified head coach in the league to beat Brady. pettine is up there too, but you forget Rex has been in the AFC championship game twice with a qb rated in the 70 range.

Rex is THE best qualified head coach in the league to beat Brady. pettine is up there too, but you forget Rex has been in the AFC championship game twice with a qb rated in the 70 range.

Rex is 4-9 against New England. Not sure I would say he's the best vs Brady. He gives him fits for sure, but Brady ends up winning most of the time. I think if we would ask Brady, he might say Harbaugh ( Baltimore ) is more of a pain in the butt.

Rex is 4-9 against New England. Not sure I would say he's the best vs Brady. He gives him fits for sure, but Brady ends up winning most of the time. I think if we would ask Brady, he might say Harbaugh ( Baltimore ) is more of a pain in the butt.

In the division we have the best shot. And that's double the wins we have against him in the same time frame.

O-line still not where needs to be but I'm sure they are working on something. Otherwise, I agree the Bills are looking loaded.

I see three major question marks at QB, an OL that isn't a strength which includes a guy who will make dumb mistakes. Watkins is as talented as any WR Buffalo has ever had, but has to prove it on the field. The secondary is a bit of a question mark and it looks like there is a question mark in the middle of the defense. All season, I see everyone talking about "Wait till Kiko is back" now we trade him for a running back.........

Add to this, a coach who acts like he spends more time prepping material for a press conference than for a game. Rex Ryan is not detail oriented to succeed long term in this league. I have the Bills finishing fourth in the AFC East. Sorry......

Voices of reason in a sea of endless off season optimism.

To be successful with a ground and pound attack the Bills will actually need to be able to have the threat of being able to make a first down by running it on third and short. This is something no Bills team has been able to do for years, and years. Two seasons ago in Marrone's first year the Bills had the #2 rushing team in the league, and were #1 in rushing attempts. All the got them was a 6-10 record, and a team with one of the worst three downs and out percentages in the league. They garnered the nickname "the hurry up and punt offense" that year.

Hiring the OC from a team with a top run game doesn't mean that all the talent that was on that 49er team with all those 1st round draft picks is going to suddenly materialize or manifest itself to the Bills O line. Sadly, it looks like the Bills have no elite players on their line, no pro bowlers. That 49er team had 3 first round picks on their line, and two were pro bowlers.

The Bills have yet to really build a solid power run O line, and perhaps they will or maybe they won't. In 2010 Buddy Nix stated the O line was a "priority" and then brought in RT Cornell Green in free agency. Doug Whaley in his first year let Levitre walk, and replaced him with Colin Brown, then Doug Legursky. So excuse me if I lack the eternal optimism of others here that the FO will finally get it right for this season.

I also feel so many Bills fans think Kyle Orton was a bad QB, and the simple truth is he is the first QB since Doug Flutie / Jim Kelly to actually have a winning record as a Bills QB. Orton's biggest problem was he was playing behind the 30th worst offensive line in the league. Some fans seem to think the QB was the problem last year, and not the lack of a solid run game or line.

Anyway, I'll join the crowd in thinking this team could be the best team in the NFL without a QB once the team signs a better RT, RG.

In the division we have the best shot. And that's double the wins we have against him in the same time frame.

I agree that it's better than what we've had in the last decade, and with our defense, Rex should be able to at least make it interesting. We won't feel like it's an automatic " L " when we play NE.

yup. Harbaugh.

Steelers???? Really?!?!

Steelers roster is pretty average outside of Ben, A. Brown, and L. Bell. If you watched the playoff game, they were terrible w/o Bell.

Well they do have Bell and Brown---2 top 5 guys at their positions. They have a great oline. Wheaton and M. Bryant are great young WRs. The D has a young stud in Shazier. The secondary is a bit suspect I'll give you that---but I love that O.

Once again I urge us to remember the '11 Eagles and all the proclamations of "Dream Team" that offseason, and to pay heed to the wisdom of Mr. Wolf from 'Pulp Fiction.'

GO BILLS!!!

they were not, and their back up QB dubbed the term.

What the bills are doing is similar. I hope with better results.

4-9 with Gino and Vick is far better than 1-12