Any KISS fans here? What do you think of this.

I've been in and out of playing most of my life. I'm in a band now, one I consider to be 'hard rock' but we usually get classified as 'metal'. The only covers we ever play are Sign Of The Wolf by Pentagram and Rock Bottom by UFO.

If you're ever in Austin and you feel like letting loose, just let me know.

We need to form an OTW band. :D

Has to be a way to jam via Skype. :lol:

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been in and out of playing most of my life. I'm in a band now, one I consider to be 'hard rock' but we usually get classified as 'metal'. The only covers we ever play are Sign Of The Wolf by Pentagram and Rock Bottom by UFO.

If you're ever in Austin and you feel like letting loose, just let me know.

Sounds great, thanks!

Friends of mine started a band called "Trigger Pig," which is metal. I haven't heard much and don't know the guitarists, but I know the bassist and drummer. The bassist is one of the top bassists in the area and the drummer may be the best in the area (he once had a Rush tribute band called, "Hemispheres"). There might be some stuff online. If you like metal/hard rock original stuff, check them out.

Sounds great, thanks!

Friends of mine started a band called "Trigger Pig," which is metal. I haven't heard much and don't know the guitarists, but I know the bassist and drummer. The bassist is one of the top bassists in the area and the drummer may be the best in the area (he once had a Rush tribute band called, "Hemispheres"). There might be some stuff online. If you like metal/hard rock original stuff, check them out.

Does he have a kit like NP?

I just read this article today - Paul Stanley now says that KISS is immortal and even he and Gene can be replaced.

Saw them in 1977 on the Love Gun tour (2nd concert ever), a couple of times in the early 80's (Lick It Up and Animalize), and about 4 years ago. No need to do that again.

I just read this article today - Paul Stanley now says that KISS is immortal and even he and Gene can be replaced.

Saw them in 1977 on the Love Gun tour (2nd concert ever), a couple of times in the early 80's (Lick It Up and Animalize), and about 4 years ago. No need to do that again.

Alice Cooper has said this about his band as well.

I've only seen his home studio kit and it's similar. He's got all sorts of schit. He recorded my last band's demo. Our bass player moonlighted as the bass player for Trigger Pig. Here's a tune: https://soundcloud.com/trigger-pig/fraternity-of-the-wicked

I don't think any of the stuff is complete, but it'll give you a good idea. If you go back a page, there's a dozen or so tunes; many sans vocals.

I saw KISS back in aroundJan 1977. This was before the kids (I mean 14 or so )started liking them (Chef Jim was ahead of his time). There were a couple parents with their kids in the row ahead of us. We freaked them out by offering a joint. Of course we didn't light up in front of them.

Sounds great, thanks!

is this them?

Nope. Let me see if I can find something.

Found this. It's a Rush tribute band made of members of other Rush tribute bands. Mike Mumblo is the drummer I know.

http://rushvault.com/2011/04/23/run-for-cover-2007-tribute/

This is some local musicians messing around with some zeppelin. That's Mike drumming.

Edited by Gugny

I saw KISS back in aroundJan 1977. This was before the kids (I mean 14 or so )started liking them (Chef Jim was ahead of his time). There were a couple parents with their kids in the row ahead of us. We freaked them out by offering a joint. Of course we didn't light up in front of them.

We showed up at 10:30 not because we were bored. We had to smoke weed for 8 hours. And yes we were bar far the youngest there. I don't remember seeing any parents. That was the days of GA with no seats on the floor. Funny how history repeats itself. I go to about 4 show a year (one this Saturday) and find myself up against the rail. At a much smaller venue however.

We showed up at 10:30 not because we were bored. We had to smoke weed for 8 hours. And yes we were bar far the youngest there. I don't remember seeing any parents. That was the days of GA with no seats on the floor. Funny how history repeats itself. I go to about 4 show a year (one this Saturday) and find myself up against the rail. At a much smaller venue however.

I went to House of Blues in Houston to see Ted Nugent about a year ago. I went alone, and got there around 3 or 4. I was the very first person there. Definitely getting front row. Then however, it turns out that anybody who spent 25 dollars or more in the HOB gift shop (which doesn't sell any band gear, just stuff with House of Blues merch), got first priority. I was still 2nd row, but still. I waited 4 hours to get 2nd row.

I went to House of Blues in Houston to see Ted Nugent about a year ago. I went alone, and got there around 3 or 4. I was the very first person there. Definitely getting front row. Then however, it turns out that anybody who spent 25 dollars or more in the HOB gift shop (which doesn't sell any band gear, just stuff with House of Blues merch), got first priority. I was still 2nd row, but still. I waited 4 hours to get 2nd row.

I wouldn't give that pinko tree hugger one dime of my money.

I wouldn't give that pinko tree hugger one dime of my money.

How did I know you were gonna have something to say about that. Lol. Honestly, politics aside, he puts on a hell of a show. And his early stuff when Derek St. Holmes was in the band singing lead on the more serious songs, and now he's back, is really good.