Conspiracy theory - fixed game ?

Almost everyone agrees that the clock management by the Eagles was horrid yesterday both at the end of the first half and the last 5 minutes of the game. The question in my mind is what suddenly happened to make the Eagles seem so lackluster at critical points in the game. The players are pros, the coach has been around for a long time. Did the call come that 'you are not supposed to win this game, now back off' ?

How did McNabb who looked to have zip in most of his throws, suddenly throw back to back interceptions ? This one is killer - he throws one in the end zone to Harrison, has it called back due to a penalty on NE and promptly throws another one ??? WTF ?

I really think this game smacks of fixing.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Almost everyone agrees that the clock management by the Eagles was horrid yesterday both at the end of the first half and the last 5 minutes of the game. The question in my mind is what suddenly happened to make the Eagles  seem so lackluster at critical points in the game. The players are pros, the coach has been around for a long time. Did the call come that 'you are not supposed to win this game, now back off' ?

How did McNabb who looked to have zip in most of his throws, suddenly throw back to back interceptions ? This one is killer - he throws one in the end zone to Harrison, has it called back due to a penalty on NE and promptly throws another one ??? WTF ?

231613[/snapback]

If any part of the game was rigged...maybe it was the Eagles getting the back-door cover.

excerpt from a John Clayton article on espn.com....

The Eagles were unable to explain their clock management at the end of the game.

"Well, we were trying to hurry up," Eagles coach Andy Reid said. "It was the way things worked out." :blink::P

This is another beauty from the article.....

Suddenly, the Eagles were at their 41-yard line when maybe they could have gotten in range for a David Akers field goal. Instead, they ended up having two unused timeouts and had to answer questions from the media.

"I don't remember that at all, to be honest with you," Reid said of the halftime question.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs04/c...john&id=1985764

Yeah definately fixed. Not one of the eagles players/coaches want a SB ring. it is just some bulky jewelry either. The players/coaches/organization definately dont' want a SB win because they have too much money and a SB win would definately add to it.

Almost everyone agrees that the clock management by the Eagles was horrid yesterday both at the end of the first half and the last 5 minutes of the game. The question in my mind is what suddenly happened to make the Eagles  seem so lackluster at critical points in the game. The players are pros, the coach has been around for a long time. Did the call come that 'you are not supposed to win this game, now back off' ?

231613[/snapback]

Little question. I thought the same thing about Norwood in SB 25. He shanked it on purpose and secretly made millions. Plus Baltimore took a huge payoff in SB 3, when they were 19 point favorites and lost to the Jets.

In other news, pigs completed the first transcontinental flight Monday, landing in London with tired wings...

excerpt from a John Clayton article on espn.com....

The Eagles were unable to explain their clock management at the end of the game.

"Well, we were trying to hurry up," Eagles coach Andy Reid said. "It was the way things worked out." :huh:  :huh:

Heh, I think Andy Reid's coaching as well as his explanation can best be summed up by:

:blink::P:P:lol::lol::blink::blink::blink:

Little question. I thought the same thing about Norwood in SB 25. He shanked it on purpose and secretly made millions. Plus Baltimore took a huge payoff in SB 3, when they were 19 point favorites and lost to the Jets.

In other news, pigs completed the first transcontinental flight Monday, landing in London with tired wings...

231636[/snapback]

Hey, the guy comes here with a valid theory, and all you do is mock him.

****. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

For God's sake, two ex-Presidents were at the game in person. I believe in all my heart that the game was played and officiated just as honestly and truthfully as those two esteemed presidents conducted themselves while in service to our great country. I hope this is the definitive statement that puts an end to all of this loose talk regarding fixing and conspiracies.

Hey, the guy comes here with a valid theory, and all you do is mock him.

****.  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

231639[/snapback]

Valid theory?

That, and your response, is completely ridiculous.

Outplayed and outcoached....that's the only 'valid theory'.

Man, that hurts to say that. I hate the Patsies.

In the old old book "1984" the average citizens police each other and control each other through ridicule. That way those in control have a helping hand in the implementation of their policies. The people themselves. Geez, I'm glad that is just a silly book and it doesn't happen in real life.

That's pretty damn funny. :blink:

231640[/snapback]

No seriously guys, I can't believe a team suddenly going numb at the wrong times. For the first 28 minutes, it was a very good battle. I kept saying this is not how a normal NE game goes - NE did not score in the first 5 minutes, could not authoritatively stop the Eagles, could not keep sustained drives going. Then when the Eagles had a chance to get within field goal range in the last 1 minute of the first half they go stone cold.

Same thing in the last 5 minutes.

And that quote from Andy Reid is even more unbelievable - could not remember what happened ??

Okay I know it sounds far fetched but tell me that sports never had rigging before !

Valid theory?

Man, that hurts to say that.  I hate the Patsies.

231644[/snapback]

Fine. But if they were slowly breaking down as most NE opponents do then I would believe it. But why sporadic spurts of stupidity ?

Valid theory?

Man, that hurts to say that.  I hate the Patsies.

231644[/snapback]

Hey, the guy makes valid points. Did you see Andy Reid yelling from the sideline to get McNabb to move faster? No. The entire offense did not see urgency (except for Fraley who was obviously not informed of the fix). You cannot get an entire coaching staff and offensive unit to just slow down like that without something being amiss.

Ridiculous...HA. I laugh at your post.