[Misleading Title]TIME TO CHANGE MY AVATAR?

Akbar or Kool-Aid?  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Should I change my avatar?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't give a rat's patooty
  2. 2. Does the moniker 7-11 fit a CB?

• Yes
    • No
    • Fergy is on drugs

No more Debbie Downers!

As has been noticed in some recent posts, it has become all too easy for us Bills fans to shrug off the recent FO activity and/or accuse others of "drinking the kool-aid". Same Old Bills, right?

That's because we've been conditioned over the last fifteen years or so to expect big moves and splashy signings to be part of an insidious plan to sell season tickets after yet another 7-9ish year.

Folks, this is not the Same Old Bills. The entire vision of what the Bills franchise is, and what it should be, changed in October.

We owe Mr. Wilson a great deal, but we all know that making the Bills a successful team on the field always took a back seat to making the franchise profitable, at least in the last 15-20 years.

Mr. Pegula does not give a hoot about profitability, at least in the short term. He wants to own a Championship sports franchise. Sabres didn't work out - but he learned lessons.

To accomplish his vision, Mr. Pegula has demonstrated he will fund premium talent at every level. The Marrone escape may have surprised the FO, but looks like it gave Mr. Pegula the nudge to proceed with his bold plan a year or two early. Whatever you think about Rex, he is a premium NFL HC. We have not had a premium NFL HC . . . well, since we were good.

It's become obvious that Rex knows exactly how he wants to run the team, and exactly - and I mean with precision - which NFL players he wants executing his scheme. None of the signings we have seen have been "value" signings or WTF? one-offs. Players let go have been players that won't fit the scheme ... even if they're good.

To accomplish the HC's personnel vision, Whaley has been given the green light to wheel and deal with almost reckless abandon. Good. He's bold, and I trust him.

So, back to my original question: is it time to change my avatar? Or have I been drinking too much Smithwick's in preparation for St. Patty's Day? (Never too early).

OK Debbie Downers, I'm open to your arguments ...

Maybe change your avatar. Sci-Fi is good for the off-season; maybe go back to football-related when TC starts?

I'm fine seeing how a focused aggressive FO/coach steers the team. I haven't seen this "show" in awhile.

My "Downerest" sentiment is that all signs point to the coaches forcing the Bills into pre-conceived roles for the offense and defense (hexagonal pegs/round holes?). Understanding we won't land perfect players at each positio, I want to see the coaching staff flex their schemes to the strengths of the actual players.

My "Downerest" sentiment is that all signs point to the coaches forcing the Bills into pre-conceived roles for the offense and defense (hexagonal pegs/round holes?). Understanding we won't land perfect players at each positio, I want to see the coaching staff flex their schemes to the strengths of the actual players.

Understood, but the time to test players vs. scheme and make adjustments is camp/preseason. Now is the time to boldly go for the players you think will work best with your coaching philosophy. And whereas previous years we seemed to blindly stumble through FA, this year we seem to be laser-focused.

Sci-Fi is good for the off-season; maybe go back to football-related when TC starts?

I added some Sci-Fi references for you in my response quote. :rolleyes:

Oh, to be clear . . . if you don't get the reference . . . my avatar is based on a character who rushes into a well-laid trap, only to shout "It's a trap!" when it is too late to back out. SO, my avatar is representative of being a life-long Bills fan. I added it in a few years back when things went south under Chan.

Can any mods tell me how to enable the vote thingy up top?

[This is an automated response]<br /><br />The topic title is potentially misleading. Accurate titles help the community find topics relevant to their interests and avoids reader frustration. Please change the topic title to more accurately reflect content of the original post.<br /><br />The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.<br /><br />Thank you.

I remember Admiral Akbar. Until the play-offs materialize, all of this yearly regeneration and hoping feels like it could be a trap. Usually sometime by around the second game of the year (and more typically in preseason) I say "I've got a bad feeling about this."

It's nice to see the team moving at warp speed; I just hope hope we don't find ourselves in an asteroid belt when we drop back out of hyperspace.

Can any mods tell me how to enable the vote thingy up top?

I don't know that you can do it after a topic is created. When you start a topic you click "Manage Topic Poll" in the upper right corner of the page.

I don't know that you can do it after a topic is created. When you start a topic you click "Manage Topic Poll" in the upper right corner of the page.

Well crink then! That's farkled. (I looked those up on a star wars website).

Seriously, so far one vote to belay kool-aid intake.

Any optimists out there?

Well crink then! That's farkled. (I looked those up on a star wars website).

Seriously, so far one vote to belay kool-aid intake.

Any optimists out there?

Maybe hedge your bets but go with a much more positive Akbar for you avatar...

2014_0526_ANW_Bios_Biamila_1230x1230_KO.

No more Debbie Downers!

As has been noticed in some recent posts, it has become all too easy for us Bills fans to shrug off the recent FO activity and/or accuse others of "drinking the kool-aid". Same Old Bills, right?

That's because we've been conditioned over the last fifteen years or so to expect big moves and splashy signings to be part of an insidious plan to sell season tickets after yet another 7-9ish year.

Folks, this is not the Same Old Bills. The entire vision of what the Bills franchise is, and what it should be, changed in October.

We owe Mr. Wilson a great deal, but we all know that making the Bills a successful team on the field always took a back seat to making the franchise profitable, at least in the last 15-20 years.

Mr. Pegula does not give a hoot about profitability, at least in the short term. He wants to own a Championship sports franchise. Sabres didn't work out - but he learned lessons.

To accomplish his vision, Mr. Pegula has demonstrated he will fund premium talent at every level. The Marrone escape may have surprised the FO, but looks like it gave Mr. Pegula the nudge to proceed with his bold plan a year or two early. Whatever you think about Rex, he is a premium NFL HC. We have not had a premium NFL HC . . . well, since we were good.

It's become obvious that Rex knows exactly how he wants to run the team, and exactly - and I mean with precision - which NFL players he wants executing his scheme. None of the signings we have seen have been "value" signings or WTF? one-offs. Players let go have been players that won't fit the scheme ... even if they're good.

To accomplish the HC's personnel vision, Whaley has been given the green light to wheel and deal with almost reckless abandon. Good. He's bold, and I trust him.

So, back to my original question: is it time to change my avatar? Or have I been drinking too much Smithwick's in preparation for St. Patty's Day? (Never too early).

OK Debbie Downers, I'm open to your arguments ...

I think a barbarian would be a wise choice :thumbsup: