When the dust of this off season settles...

Why the pessimistic outlook? The Redskins put together top talent w/o regard to fitting the players together. Conversely, the Bills got a top 3 RB for a "backup" LB, the best FA QB available who has an 11 win season to his credit and played well in talent-depleted Minnesota last year, got a great OG, and got the best fullback in FA to block for their RB. This will be nothing like the Redskins.

when I see them considering a Percy Harvin while pro bowl quality Guards are being traded, I question the motive. Has the look and feel of a sales job...and that's what Rex does. Free agency is about filling needs - I loved acquiring McCoy, but he's going to find the sledding tough without a capable tightend to take the safety and/or LB out of the box and running behind an O-Line best described as being hopeful of improvement. Let's face it, teams will say, go ahead Cassell, EJ, or Taylor - you go ahead and beat us...we're not letting McCoy. Unfortunately, the QB position is such a weakness... I don't necessarily fault Ryan - QBs don't grow on trees, but, I just can't get excited for the reality of what we have...

Rex Ryan is one of the top defensive minds of his coaching generation. Only Belichick is considered better. Calling him only a salesman and then elevating Chip Kelly to greatness after two seasons in the NFL (on any level) is as ridiculous as your OP. Like I said, it's March. Have a beer and chill. This team is in better shape than it was when the regular season ended -- and they were 9-7 then.

:beer:

our defense was a top defense last year...and that got us the 9 wins. The offense is marginally better, but are you getting excited about Cassell? And yeah, Chip is an innovator - anyone who was putting up 28 points a game with Sanchise at the helm has got things figured out...

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when I see them considering a Percy Harvin while pro bowl quality Guards are being traded, I question the motive. Has the look and feel of a sales job...and that's what Rex does. Free agency is about filling needs - I loved acquiring McCoy, but he's going to find the sledding tough without a capable tightend to take the safety and/or LB out of the box and running behind an O-Line best described as being hopeful of improvement. Let's face it, teams will say, go ahead Cassell, EJ, or Taylor - you go ahead and beat us...we're not letting McCoy. Unfortunately, the QB position is such a weakness... I don't necessarily fault Ryan - QBs don't grow on trees, but, I just can't get excited for the reality of what we have...

So... you're basing your entire thesis on what you presume is going on behind the scenes. There's no proof the Bills aren't trying to improve the OL while simultaneously going after Harvin and Clay. In fact, there's ample proof to the contrary.

You're making yourself crazy by only seeing what you want to see. The reality is the Bills have made strides to improve the OL, QB, TE and RB positions -- all of which were huge areas of need.

Been bills fan since I was 10, only team I have rooted for, since 2000 they have given u false hope, I wish they would have stuck with flutie longer, but when the dust settles this yr im looking forward to 2015 been awhile since u could say that... If harvin signs, draft OL early I will change my signature to update that

Been bills fan since I was 10, only team I have rooted for, since 2000 they have given u false hope, I wish they would have stuck with flutie longer, but when the dust settles this yr im looking forward to 2015 been awhile since u could say that... If harvin signs, draft OL early I will change my signature to update that

Halfway there, baby.

i think if we lose out on clay, it still means that FA 's are still leery about coming.. losing bulaga when more money was on the table, says something.. hopefully just winning will change that..landing cassel was OK.. the mccoy trade was nice.. so its a mixed bag for lack of a better term.. but its still a bit early.. who knows

All it says is Bulaga didn't want to leave Green Bay.

So... you're basing your entire thesis on what you presume is going on behind the scenes. There's no proof the Bills aren't trying to improve the OL while simultaneously going after Harvin and Clay. In fact, there's ample proof to the contrary.

You're making yourself crazy by only seeing what you want to see. The reality is the Bills have made strides to improve the OL, QB, TE and RB positions -- all of which were huge areas of need.

Good job, good effort! I really don't care how hard they try, get the freaking job done. I don't think they are done, but if they don't add at least one sure fire starter to the offensive line (Incagnito doesn't count), then no matter who else they sign, this years free agency is likely a failure.

Edited by Proteus

theyre the only team I've rooted for since the mid 70's...but I just don't see us as markedly I proved...yet. Maybe we grab the G out of Duke and the TE from Florida State and catch lightening in a bottle, but as of right now, it's pretty wrapping paper.

when I see them considering a Percy Harvin while pro bowl quality Guards are being traded, I question the motive. Has the look and feel of a sales job...and that's what Rex does. Free agency is about filling needs

I don't disagree with this, but since it appears that this Harvin deal will be for one year, that suggests that unlike Snyder, who liked to collect toys, the Bills are engaged in a thought-out plan of attack: don't risk a long-term investment with a guy like Harvin, but don't ignore what he can bring to the table should he be engaged.

Good job, good effort! I really don't care how hard they try, get the freaking job done. I don't think they are done, but if they don't add at least one sure fire starter to the offensive line (Incagnito doesn't count), then no matter who else they sign, this years free agency is likely a failure.

Why doesn't RI count? Besides for your inability to spell the man's name that is. Is he not an offensive lineman with an impressive resume at a position of need?

Nah... you're right. He doesn't count.

Why not?

Because Incagnito isn't a football player. He's an accountant in Maine.

Because he hasn't played in a year and a half and he is one mistake away from a year long suspension. If that is what the front office is counting on then I don't know what to say.

Because he hasn't played in a year and a half and he is one mistake away from a year long suspension. If that is what the front office is counting on then I don't know what to say.

You're the only one assuming that's what the front office is counting on. Other people are fairly certain they did their due diligence on the guy. And if that's the only arrow you have in your RI quiver, then you should think about making some new arrows.

Why doesn't RI count? Besides for your inability to spell the man's name that is. Is he not an offensive lineman with an impressive resume at a position of need?

Nah... you're right. He doesn't count.

Wow. Can anyone state any opinion about the Bills that questions what they are doing even in the slightest without you throwing a hissy fit and insulting other posters?

You're the only one assuming that's what the front office is counting on. Other people are fairly certain they did their due diligence on the guy. And if that's the only arrow you have in your RI quiver, then you should think about making some new arrows.

Yea as I said I don't think they are done and I don't think that is what they are counting on. Apparently you don't know what if means. Keep on being a dick though, it's what you are best at.