Insider information discussion - Contain no insider info

"Inside sources" need to learn not to speak in 1st person definitive language. Indicate that there is "talk of/discussion of/consideration of" by a "source close to the situation". That way we can speculate together in a healthy discussion, and offer leniency to them when things go awry. If "inside source" makes brash statements like "we're cutting him tomorrow" or "we're signing him Monday" and these things never materialize, than they deserve to be discredited/disrespected as a source.

We all like inside scoops, just not statements of fact when they clearly are not.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred couldn't have been cut two days ago, otherwise, he's cut. That's not something that can be correct when it's said, but not turn out to be true later.

That's the analogous situation.

Sometimes they do.

Fred was bandied about as a possible cap casualty before he was "on the outs" according to inside sources.

I see. Okay. I thought it was that he was informed he was going to be cut. Then it's flat wrong. And it doesn't even make any sense. If he was already cut it would be news. They have to notify the league and reporters would know. Again, I still don't know who said that.

I see. Okay. I thought it was that he was informed he was going to be cut. Then it's flat wrong. And it doesn't even make any sense. If he was already cut it would be news. They have to notify the league and reporters would know. Again, I still don't know who said that.

I was a little unclear, let me dig it up.

Ugh...heard from a source he has been informed he is being released...Said it will happen by Tuesday.

Hate...hate...hate this move...

It was originally "informed last night he is cut, will be announced tomorrow" but it was edited.

That's my point with inside sources. You need to be less definitive or you'll be flat out wrong. If that means you don't get the "props" on an anonymous message board, so be it. Because I think that might be a driving force for some.

Let's start a thread criticizing people who criticize other threads.

I do that all the time. ;) and then criticize posters criticizing posters for criticizing threads.

I actually now know what the original lady, Estelle Getty meant a little more. So I do apologize for jumping all over her. It was the title that made people think this thread may actually contain insider information, rather than discussing the topic, so I changed it. But if she or anyone read the original post they would know that was not the case. So I retract that apology. ;)

here's the next, athough we all saw this coming...

John Wawrow@john_wawrow 1m1 minute ago

Link coming: A person familiar with discussions told The AP that #Bills have prepared a contract offer to present to #Dolphins TE Clay.

I wouldn't call jw an insider, he's a reporter, a lush, and the second most interesting man in the world.

If someone jumps the gun on information that isn't yet finalized, I question both their motivation and their juice. Any "insider" wouldn't bolt to the internet with half-baked murmurs, IMO. :pirate:

I whole hardheartedly agree with you Big Cat!! I never understood anyone wanting to come out and say they have insider info when they are posting. You could possibly loose your inside info, and on the flip side, if you end up being wrong, your going to get roasted by fellow posters. Personally, I would keep my mouth shut all together or post my info as a "I hope this happens" and lay it out.

On a similar note, I sometime think that a few of our fellow posters are within the Bill Organization itself and are in place to push out disinformation. We all should be careful about what we believe when someone says "hey, i heard from a good inside source that....so and so is getting cut, or so and so is being fired, hired, or what ever".

fwiw anyway, jmho

BigPappy

No, Kelly the OP.

Since you are new here by your post count....

Fire Chan twists words continuously. Pay him little mind.

You idiots open this thread and then spend 2 pages of arguing what an inside source is. Without one inside source. Only on TBD.

Both of you are out of your elements with all due respect of course.

B4fe didn't even know who leroi was until his one true love ej manuel's name was brought into this.

Estelle do me a favor and break our next coach and OC like leroi did. (Before shefter,lazy eye lacanfora, glazer etc) Oh your probably not familiar with the subject. Never mind. Carry on.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

I still don't know leroi other than he has less than 100 posts.

He made 1 prediction that came to fruition. He made one than may not.

there is not enough data to say he's an icon to be fully trusted,

Again let me say this I predict Fred Jackson will retire a Buffalo Bill.

BTW is there a timeline I need to fulfill?