2016 free agents

I know we're only just starting 2015 free agency but take a look at the QBs coming up for new deals in 2016. The Bills will have to make due with Cassel and/or EJ (maybe one more) then maybe target a QB in 2016.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/2016/

I don't see them getting a big name QB + keeping Dareus too. Whaley said they are putting a lot of money into the defensive front due to the fact that they don't have a QB that they have to pay

I don't see them getting a big name QB + keeping Dareus too. Whaley said they are putting a lot of money into the defensive front due to the fact that they don't have a QB that they have to pay

If we cut cassel next year, does that save us money?

I know we're only just starting 2015 free agency but take a look at the QBs coming up for new deals in 2016. The Bills will have to make due with Cassel and/or EJ (maybe one more) then maybe target a QB in 2016.

Lots of tasty names on the list. The problem is anyone worth having won't be available. None of them.

Then you have the mediocrities who you might get a hold of.

Then you have all the "WHO?" types that get paid a lot of money to hold clipboards.

This isn't how you get a QB worth having.

The problem is it is not particularly clear how you DO get a QB worth having!

First overall draft pick in a year with an obvious talent like Luck is about the only way to do it, other than drafting 2 or 3 every year and hope you hit on a long shot.

there will be no big QB signing read between the lines. Whaley has said we can spend because we don't have to pay an elite QB. They will sign Darius and draft 2 QBs next year, they have said they want to get in a position to draft best player available so they don't have to reach for a need, unless Petty slips to the 5th, I don't see a big name QB, next year with some luck they will get there chance and maybe able to move up in the draft to get there guy.

They Sign Darius next year and if we strike gold we hit a Franchise QB in the draft and we are good for 5 years on the money side. These are some smart moves in m y opinion!

If we take one in 2016, he wont mature and play at a high level for another 2 years (by past average history).

That and the dearth of available (experienced) above average QBs year after year makes me want the Bills to draft one in ~round 3. or even round 2 if some high prospect drops.

Edited by Fan in Chicago