"Why Me?"

I read this in the monster McCoy/Alonso trade thread. Apparently a unnamed source (agent?) close to McCoy said that was a initial reaction from Shady when he found out that he was traded to Buffalo. If any of that is accurate it sure sums up the stigma that so many in the Bills' fanbase have loathed of players' perception of playing in Buffalo. Those 2 words sure says a lot!

While I understand a player's initial reaction and shock to such news it still validates to a point that we weren't wrong about some players' opinions of playing up in Buffalo. I will say that when the dust settles I'm sure that McCoy will start wrapping his mind around this a little bit more. I know that I have and it's human nature to have strong reaction to sudden change.

Anyways what I really wanted to mention is that in light of McCoy's reaction is how CJ Spiller must have felt when he heard the news. CJ is a class act and I really feel bad for him. Here is a nice guy who never complained, wanted to stay a Bill, always gave his best effort and has to find out on national TV, by a former Patriot and a phone call from our 'classy' front office', that he was no longer wanted or needed, thank you very much and then in front of the bright lights and cameras, surrounded by 5 analylists, reveling in the latest gossip, asking all kinds of questions as they are pointing out that he no longer is a Bill. I have a problem with that. CJ didn't deserve that. He's been nothing but classy and loyal and this is what he gets and is treated??!!! It's not right. The poor guy wasn't even allowed to process and digest all of this in private. It's not right. For one of the very few times in my life I'm not quite so proud of being a Bills' fan. Just my 2 cents.....

Go Spiller!

CJ always was a great teammate and class act. He also loved playing in Buffalo and with the Bills.

For his sake, I hope he gets to play behind a good offensive line and shuts up some of the CJ haters on this board.

For our sake, I really hope he does not end up with the Pats or Jets.

I have a feeling that he will end up with the Eagles and for far less money than we are paying Shady.

CJ always was a great teammate and class act. He also loved playing in Buffalo and with the Bills.

For his sake, I hope he gets to play behind a good offensive line and shuts up some of the CJ haters on this board.

For our sake, I really hope he does not end up with the Pats or Jets.

I have a feeling that he will end up with the Eagles and for far less money than we are paying Shady.

The only "hate" I see is saying he shouldn't "Why Me" about it.

I hope he does well elsewhere. but the writing was on the wall.

From living in the Philadelphia market, McCoy had a radio show, was around town and arguably the face of the franchise. Not to mention he's only every played football in his life an hour or two away from home.

That being said, that's a hurdle that has to be overcome. Buffalo isn't that "far" from central Pennsylvania, he's keeping his salary, and he's going to a rising team in a new conference where he will play a lot. You'd like to think cooler heads will prevail.

I feel bad for CJ, too.

He's been a team player and class act since we drafted him.

Spiller has a unique set of strengths and weaknesses. Gailey knew how to make maximal use of those strengths. Marrone used Spiller mostly as if he were just another back.

Roman is smart with the run game. I was hoping for another 1,000 yard season from Spiller with a 6.0 ypc average.

But I'm sure Whaley vetted this trade with the coaches and they decided they could do more and better things in Roman's scheme with Shady.

If the Jests weren't in the AFCE, I would hope Spiller would reunite with Gailey. I'd like to see CJ be successful again somewhere - as long as it doesn't hurt the Bills.

I feel bad for CJ, too.

Spiller has a unique set of strengths and weaknesses. Gailey knew how to make maximal use of those strengths. Marrone used Spiller mostly as if he were just another back.

Roman is smart with the run game. I was hoping for another 1,000 yard season from Spiller with a 6.0 ypc average.

But I'm sure Whaley vetted this trade with the coaches and they decided they could do more and better things in Roman's scheme with Shady.

If the Jests weren't in the AFCE, I would hope Spiller would reunite with Gailey. I'd like to see CJ be successful again somewhere - as long as it doesn't hurt the Bills.

So you were hoping for another season of a highly paid RB getting 165 carries? Thanks, I've had enough of that.

McCoy obviously was blindsided by the move and was perceived as a major part of the Eagles. He was loved in Philly. It's not like it wasn't working out for him there. The Eagles were trading him without his knowledge at all. Coupled with the Desean Jackson move last year, he gonna feel a bit jilted.

I think the "Why Me" reaction had nothing to do with Buffalo specifically. Just a frustration that he was deemed unwanted by Philly after everything he did. He felt he was a big part of their team and they dumped him.

I believe that the why me goes to the perception that it's a very cold place that plays loosing football. McCoy's still in his prime, one of the best backs in the league and then BAM, traded off to Buffalo for a straight up player trade. It's tough to be told you are not required in such a manner. The NFL Network has put together a highlight reel so fans outside of Buffalo know who Kiko is. The good news is that we have Rex. Rex will charm him into not wanting to be anywhere other than Buffalo as the man running his new offense.

I feel bad for CJ, too.

Roman is smart with the running game. He could tell he couldn't risk going with CJ. CJ's hit or miss especially with injuries