It should have been Adrian Peterson

Assuming the Bills were this hell-bent on getting a running back, they picked the wrong target. Peterson is on the outs in Minnesota. Although they are trying to mend fences, I'm sure if Whaley was dangling Kiko they would have jumped at the idea.

Peterson is much better than any other player at his position. His cap hit isn't much more than McCoy's. And he's been better than him with a lesser line and inferior coaching.

I wonder if they even explored that option considering this trade came together in 20 minutes.

As for the trade itself, the opportunity cost of it, when you factor in salaries and the positional value in question, is so incredibly stupid and reckless that I'm amazed at people defending it. This isn't fantasy football. In any case, it won't make a bit of difference either way until we get a QB.

AP is a heck of a lot more expensive. 47.4 million in three years compared to 25.25 million in three years.

Or 16 million per year vs 8.5 million per year.

I'm glad you weren't in the position to make the call in 20 minutes.

Edited by What a Tuel

What about Murray? I like his game a lot. I'd put him and marshawn as top 2 backs. Dallas only offered $16mm gauranteed, which is less than what we're paying mccoy

yep! And Murray has shown he can be an every down back that can carry the load. McCoy is only good for 15 carries per game

yep! And Murray has shown he can be an every down back that can carry the load. McCoy is only good for 15 carries per game

Except when Murray is injured? Which has been often?

What about Murray? I like his game a lot. I'd put him and marshawn as top 2 backs. Dallas only offered $16mm gauranteed, which is less than what we're paying mccoy

We instead got McCoy......who is a damn fine RB who has been durable and incredibly productive no matter how you slice it......

Except when Murray is injured? Which has been often?

We instead got McCoy......who is a damn fine RB who has been durable and incredibly productive no matter how you slice it......

and gave up Kiko, who if he stays healthy is a heck of an LB. just like with watkins, you keep forgetting the opportunity cost

also murray's last 4 years starting in 2010 played 13, 10, 14, 16 games respectively. his time lost due to injury is wildly exaggerated

Edited by JTSP

if Murray signs somewhere else for something similar or less than what we're paying mccoy Im going to be awfully po'd

Edited by JTSP

McCoy is only 1 mill guarenteed

Add a year and make his base a bonus

Cap goes down and he gets guaranteed money

McCoy is only 1 mill guarenteed

Add a year and make his base a bonus

Cap goes down and he gets guaranteed money

What if he refuses to restructure because he doesn't want to play here and/or thinks he can get more as an UFA? That would be the most ridiculous trade ever we lose kiko for nothing. I'm sure his agent is smart enough to realise the leverage this gives them Edited by JTSP

I love it. Sends a message. The Bills are upgrading their talent anywhere they can. Shady is fantastic. Ever seen him play? This is great. The Bills are back. No more draft and hope. Now its go get proven talent. I do not think they are done either. Wait until FA opens . More fireworks. Still have $15-20m or so to spend

Assuming the Bills were this hell-bent on getting a running back, they picked the wrong target. Peterson is on the outs in Minnesota. Although they are trying to mend fences, I'm sure if Whaley was dangling Kiko they would have jumped at the idea.

Peterson is much better than any other player at his position. His cap hit isn't much more than McCoy's. And he's been better than him with a lesser line and inferior coaching.

I wonder if they even explored that option considering this trade came together in 20 minutes.

As for the trade itself, the opportunity cost of it, when you factor in salaries and the positional value in question, is so incredibly stupid and reckless that I'm amazed at people defending it. This isn't fantasy football. In any case, it won't make a bit of difference either way until we get a QB.

silly negative b lo person. downer downer. I assume you are also pissing and moaning that "the ice boom won't be out of the lake until like July..... " blah blah. heard it all before. franchise is finally moving forward after all these years and these guys down in the snow bunker get all analytical ... well i guess it is a opinion board...