Can EJ be the starting QB for the Bills

Can EJ be a starter for the Bills  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Can EJ be a starter for the Bills

To quote the OP...."IN".

not true. Other polls asked if he was a FRANCHISE QB.

I am simply asking if EJ is capable of being the starting QB for Buffalo, the Poll is to determine the number or Bills fans that think EJ can succeed versus those (the detractors) who believe EJ is a total bust

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This answer should be no different then the Franchise poll.

Of course it should be. Manuel only started in 2013 because Kevin Kolb slipped on a mat. So that year he "could" be their starting QB. Last year he only started because they signed Kyle Orton a week before the season started. So last year he "could" be the starter too. Of course he "can" be the starter. They could sign Sam Bradford and he could tear his ACL again. Of course he can start games for the Bills. The question has nothing to do with his abilities whatsoever and certainly has nothing to do with his abilities as a viable, long term franchise QB. For a poster who derives much pleasure from saying "IN" to everyone else's posts, I am shocked he started a poll so similar too- but far more ambiguous than- the one started on Friday.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

He has lots of potential and would have beaten out McCown anyway. It's crazy seeing some say that Sanchez would be better than EJ. He's had 50 starts and we know what he is. He's inconsistent at best and has lost games for good teams.

EJ deserves several more starts before anyone judges him.

The point is not can he start or not. It is can he be successful as a starter or not?

why is it (that so far) this poll which asks - can EJ can be the starter is 80% yes, while the one you attempted to skew the results using the term Franchise has an over all lower % 63%???

the majority never argued EJ was a Franchise QB, just capable at being the starter.

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

why is it (that so far) this poll which asks - can EJ can be the starter is 80% yes, while the one you attempted to skew the results using the term Franchise has an over all lower % 63%???

the majority never argued EJ was a Franchise QB, just capable at being the starter.

Still not following? If he isn't capable of being a franchise type QB then move on. It doesn't look to me like most people like his chances. I've said that I give him about a 10% chance. They dumbed down the playbook after 10 starts, he's inaccurate and has slow eyes. That's my reasoning. I hope that I'm wrong. I just don't think that I will be.

Listen man, why don't you- once and for all- tell people what you think is going to become of EJ Manuel. Kirby has made his feelings abundantly clear. I think he will lose the competition to whatever veteran they bring in and I find it unlikely he is ever going be a starting QB in this league. To your poll question- yes, I think he will start at least one more game before his career is over. Josh McCown- whom you mocked repeatedly all last week- "can" be a starter in this league too. Look at some of the QB's in the league who started games last year. 1BillsFan, who is an adamant EJ supporter stated on Saturday that EJ Manuel will win the job and throw for 21 TD's this season. So that's what he thinks. What exactly do you think?

I voted no. EJ has never won a game with a dominant performance. Even his wins have been lack luster. Aside from his penalty aided comeback against Carolina he always falls short. Maybe with the new coaching regime he excels. I pray that is the case and that I am wrong about him.

I voted no. EJ has never won a game with a dominant performance. Even his wins have been lack luster. Aside from his penalty aided comeback against Carolina he always falls short. Maybe with the new coaching regime he excels. I pray that is the case and that I am wrong about him.

I was at the Jets game (in Buffalo) his rookie year. Looked pretty damn good to me.

I think he's the starter on opening day. I think we win 10 games next year and make the playoffs. More TD's than picks. 3k-isn yards. Most importantly, I think he gets better.

OK there's another concrete prediction. Bills fan 4 ever, why don't you call your shot here?

Wouldn't it be a kick in the head if EJ proves to be the best QB on the roster even after the Bills go out and acquire two vet QBs??

It could certainly happen. Usually year 3 is the magical year for most young, highly drafted players. They're finally comfortable with the pro game and believe they can get the job done.

EJ has a lot of redeeming qualities that will help him to be a quality starter in the NFL. This is the year that he has to show us that he is THE man.

Still not following? If he isn't capable of being a franchise type QB then move on. It doesn't look to me like most people like his chances. I've said that I give him about a 10% chance. They dumbed down the playbook after 10 starts, he's inaccurate and has slow eyes. That's my reasoning. I hope that I'm wrong. I just don't think that I will be.

its too early to determine that.

Another item you wish to ignore is that you don't truly need a Franchise QB to win.

If Franchise QB is your criteria why all of these other no bodies? Do you want to tell us Orton was a Franchise QB, or Shankchez is a Franchise QB, or McCown is Franchise QB or any other FA's out there you prefer in Buffalo!!! ???

Wouldn't it be a kick in the head if EJ proves to be the best QB on the roster even after the Bills go out and acquire two vet QBs??

It could certainly happen. Usually year 3 is the magical year for most young, highly drafted players. They're finally comfortable with the pro game and believe they can get the job done.

EJ has a lot of redeeming qualities that will help him to be a quality starter in the NFL. This is the year that he has to show us that he is THE man.

If that's what it takes to kick him into gear then it's money well spent

its too early to determine that.

Another item you wish to ignore is that you don't truly need a Franchise QB to win.

If Franchise QB is your criteria why all of these other no bodies? Do you want to tell us Orton was a Franchise QB, or Shankchez is a Franchise QB, or McCown is Franchise QB or any other FA's out there you prefer in Buffalo!!! ???

You keep ignoring me. What is your prediction? Do you think EJ Manuel is going to become the Bills' franchise QB or not? Do you think he will be their starter on opening day three years from now? Everyone else is saying exactly what they think yet you continue to make fun of other QB's by botching their names yet you refuse to tell anyone what you really think about Manuel.

[86.11%] say YES.

to all the whiners here (aka EJ detractors) now that the poll is definitely against you, man are you getting pissed

You keep ignoring me. What is your prediction? Do you think EJ Manuel is going to become the Bills' franchise QB or not? Do you think he will be their starter on opening day three years from now? Everyone else is saying exactly what they think yet you continue to make fun of other QB's by botching their names yet you refuse to tell anyone what you really think about Manuel.

yes I keep ignoring you because you are a huge freaking EJ hating TROLL!!! .

see above - now that the poll is definitely against you, man are you getting pissed

You, Kirby and Chan can take a slice of [86.11%] say YES. humble pie and eat it.

[86.11%] say YES.

to all the whiners here (aka EJ detractors) now that the poll is definitely against you, man are you getting pissed

yes I keep ignoring you because you are a huge freaking EJ hating TROLL!!! .

see above - now that the poll is definitely against you, man are you getting pissedYou, Kirby and Chan can take a slice of [86.11%] say YES. humble pie and eat it.

People should be getting angry over a forum poll? Someone should explain that to me...

EJ will have a chance to compete for a starting job... A forum poll won't change that.

Edited by Beef Jerky