Can EJ be the starting QB for the Bills

Can EJ be a starter for the Bills  

175 members have voted

1. 1. Can EJ be a starter for the Bills

oh you poor poor man Metz sure I may have said "bills? Elite defense? BWAHAHAHAHA!"

now if you are attempting to twist my words based on a different topic... tsk tsk tsk that's what some call trolling.

Remind me (with a link, as my feeble mind is mis remembering) -- When did I say the Bill's D was elite? I may have said they were Very Good (in sacks YES), but recently in this thread??? I looked back 3 pages no mention from me.

ELITE = top 5 Defense in the NFL AGAINST the run and pass for more than a year

No, again, I said the Bills defense was elite, which they clearly are. I didn't even distinguish you from any other poster on here until you BWAHAHAHAHAHA'd me for saying it. No one had ever BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA'd me before- neither in real life nor on this website. Anyway the Bills have been top ten in total defense two straight years and top two in sacks over each of those years. This year they were fourth in yards allowed and points allowed and way up there in every category imaginable including 3rd down % allowed, turnovers, et al. They will be a top five defense again this year, mark my words. So I was right about that. I will be right about EJ Manuel not developing into a legitimate starting QB. You have stated that he will in fact be the Bills starting QB on opening day three years from now. I am telling you right now that it will be clear by season's end that he is not fit to be a starting QB anymore in this league. "Can he be a starter for the Bills?" Sure. I would vote yes. He'll probably start a game this year for the Bills. But how can you sit here and tell me that you are not ready to call the Bills' defense elite yet you are optimistic about EJ Manuel's chances? Can you see how people might question your football acumen? Not to mention your sentence structure, your excessive use of emoticons, your tendency to continue to go on defensive/offensive tirades after you have been backed into a corner and it is apparent you no longer even know what you're arguing about. Yesterday you started a thread telling everyone Kirk Cousins was about to get cut and attached a link to an article about how the Redskins were keeping Kirk Cousins. I could go on but I digress. And I'm not "trolling" you (I see that you have moved on from calling everyone "haters" and now refer to anyone who ever disagrees with you as "trolls"). I couldn't be any more sincere. How bout this- let's just be friends.

Edited by metzelaars_lives

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

feel better now? I hope so.

The Bills D did not finish in the TOP 5 vs the run and pass. Ergo by my last post not elite (but close)!

I'll even compromise - IF they can stop Brady, et el consistently I'll say they are elite with a top 8 #'s vs the run and pass.

top 5 in all categories - ELITE

top 10 in all categories - VERY GOOD or GREAT

top 15 in all categories - GOOD

EJ's being the starter is meant to EVALUATE his true value (or non value) to the team. I would like to know more based on 14 games, 10 if which were in that failed fast paced O Marrone tried to implement.

will he suck? possibly

will he mediocre? possibly

will he good? possibly

will he very good? possibly

will he elite? who the hell knows.

For me to say he's any of the above I need at least 16 more games.

WRT EJ haters they are detractor.

Trolling = arguing for no other reason that to elicit a reaction from posters, and or purposely twisting the meaning or intent of a post. (yes I am guilty of being a troll from time to time),

You voted YES he can stat, but only for a game or 2, NOT the entire season. not only is that trollish its' kind of hipocritical

BTW #1 I suggested we stop "arguing" last week

OK My rant is done ... Lets be friends now

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

feel better now? I hope so.

The Bills D did not finish in the TOP 5 vs the run and pass. Ergo by my last post not elite (but close)!

I'll even compromise - IF they can stop Brady, et el consistently I'll say they are elite with a top 8 #'s vs the run and pass.

top 5 in all categories - ELITE

top 10 in all categories - VERY GOOD or GREAT

top 15 in all categories - GOOD

EJ's being the starter is meant to EVALUATE his true value (or non value) to the team. I would like to know more based on 14 games, 10 if which were in that failed fast paced O Marrone tried to implement.

will he suck? possibly

will he mediocre? possibly

will he good? possibly

will he very good? possibly

will he elite? who the hell knows.

For me to say he's any of the above I need at least 16 more games.

WRT EJ haters they are detractor.

Trolling = arguing for no other reason that to elicit a reaction from posters, and or purposely twisting the meaning or intent of a post. (yes I am guilty of being a troll with regard to EJ),

You voted YES he can stat, but only for a game or 2, NOT the entire season. not only is that trollish its' kind of hipocritical

BTW #1 I suggested we stop "arguing" last week

OK My rant is done ... Lets be friends now

+1

LAST CALL.

still 80% think EJ can [win the job] be the starter in Buffalo in 2015

again .... IF you voted YES he can, but only for a game or 2, NOT the entire season then you have nothing to argue about with these #'s

I have absolutely no idea what point you are trying to make. I think he will end up starting a game or two by default/injury/etc. I don't think 80% of the people on here believe he will start 16 games, show marked improvement, lead this team to the playoffs and be the clear cut guy going forward. And if they do, that's great. I happen to disagree. I have stated numerous times that I still believe the Bills will make a splash for a real starter (Bradford, Foles type) and if they don't and there is an honest competition between Cassel and Manuel, I think Cassel will win the job outright. If Locker or Petty is added to the mix, I think either of them could very well win it too. I don't think Cassel is good enough either though. I am still holding out hope that we land Bradford or Foles. We shall see.

This is still a thing?

not for long.

I believe I proved my point that the majority of Bills fans have some faith in EJ as a starter (slightly over) 4 to 1 over those who believe EJ is a total bust.

Any Global Moderator can lock this thread down at any time.

I am still holding out hope that we land Bradford or Foles. We shall see.

Bradford won't be an improvement over EJ IMO and Foles.... He'll go to the team with 1st round picks low in the draft so that Chip can get Mariota

LAST CALL.

still 80% think EJ can [win the job] be the starter in Buffalo in 2015

again .... IF you voted YES he can, but only for a game or 2, NOT the entire season then you have nothing to argue about with these #

Can Ej start? yes. Will he start? idk. I guess anything is possible... the Bills could also sign a FA Qb. and watch him slip on a mat on the way to the practice field. Just saying.

not for long.

I believe I proved my point that the majority of Bills fans have some faith in EJ as a starter (slightly over) 4 to 1 over those who believe EJ is a total bust.

Any Global Moderator can lock this thread down at any time.

Bradford won't be an improvement over EJ IMO and Foles.... He'll go to the team with 1st round picks low in the draft so that Chip can get Mariota

See I like that we're being somewhat civil here. That being said, I'm not sure you are interpreting the data from this poll the way most are. You asked if EJ can be the starter. Well sure he can. He started the games against San Diego and Houston last year. If you asked if Matt Cassel can be the starter for the Bills, even more people would say yes. Geno Smith can be the starter for the Jets. Josh McCown can be the starter for the Browns. Need I go on? It is not necessarily a vote of confidence or "faith" as you call it. I think people are taking this poll more literally than you realize. And also, if you don't think Bradford or Foles are an upgrade over EJ- well, let's just leave it at that. I really don't see any sense in debating that one.

See I like that we're being somewhat civil here. That being said, I'm not sure you are interpreting the data from this poll the way most are. You asked if EJ can be the starter. Well sure he can. He started the games against San Diego and Houston last year. Geno Smith can be the starter for the Jets. Josh McCown can be the starter for the Browns. Need I go on? It is not necessarily a vote of confidence or "faith" as you call it. I think people are taking this poll more literally than you realize. And also, if you don't think Bradford or Foles is an upgrade over EJ- well, let's just leave it at that. I really don't see any sense in debating that one.

The most accurate poll is the one that asked for a % that he will be a franchise QB. This poll asks if he can start. Yes, it is him or Cassel. That doesn't mean that he will be any good. It just means that he is 1 of their 2 options.

The most accurate poll is the one that asked for a % that he will be a franchise QB. This poll asks if he can start. Yes, it is him or Cassel. That doesn't mean that he will be any good. It just means that he is 1 of their 2 options.

Of course I understand this. If Cassel and Manuel both get injured drag racing Dareus then Jeff Tuel can start too.

Neither poll provided an adequate representation of what most people actually feel about EJ Manuel

The % one did. What %chance to you give EJ of becoming a franchise guy?

IMHO, asking yes or no to "Will he become a franchise QB?" offers nothing insightful as to what most people probably feel about how successful EJ Manuel could be as an NFL QB.

IMHO, asking yes or no to "Will he become a franchise QB?" offers nothing insightful as to what most people probably feel about how successful EJ Manuel could be as an NFL QB.

And that's not what the poll said. It wasn't yes or no.

And that's not what the poll said. It wasn't yes or no.

Unless I am mistaken, there were a number of posters who complained that people couldn't answer a "simple yes or no question." People were being called out out to take a stance as "yes he will" or "no he won't." That all sounds pretty much like a yes or no poll to me.

Unless I am mistaken, there were a number of posters who complained that people couldn't answer a "simple yes or no question." People were being called out out to take a stance as "yes he will" or "no he won't." That all sounds pretty much like a yes or no poll to me.

There was a poll that asked what % chance you gave him of being a franchise QB. It was not a yes or no poll.