Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao May 2nd!!

truth on hold

Counter punching boxers have never been entertaining. Only way to beat this guy is a tall boxer with a good stiff jab.

Ali was a counter puncher, the difference is he had the goal of winning by ko'ing the opponent. Plus I think in heavyweight division there are more ko's. I have no problem with Floyd for not being as aggressive when hes ahead. He's a superior fighter he puts himself in that position to dictate the outcome Edited by JTSP

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ali was a counter puncher, the difference is he had the goal of winning by ko'ing the opponent. Plus I think in heavyweight division there are more ko's. I have no problem with Floyd for not being as aggressive when hes ahead. He's a superior fighter he puts himself in that position to dictate the outcome

No Ali wasn't. He had counter punch element to his game when required but he wasn't a counter puncher by nature. He had no problem initiating action. He did like to fight circling and backpedaling but he didn't wait for the other guy to punch as a default posture.

What about rope a dope?

That was his fight plan for a guy that was to powerful to mess with his normal way. He let big George punch himself out before he made his move.

That was his fight plan for a guy that was to powerful to mess with his normal way. He let big George punch himself out before he made his move.

I guess he was more versatile then because the stuff I've seen on YouTube vs forman, Liston, and Frazier those other guys were always the aggressor.

Ali ko'ed Georgie in the 8th.

And your point is

Counter punch doesnt mean not scoring knockouts. More than half of Floyd's victories (26/48) have come by knockout. I had predicted he would KO Manny in 9th. I found how hed win the more interesting question than who would win: imo it was easily going to be Floyd. Edited by JTSP

I guess he was more versatile then because the stuff I've seen on YouTube vs forman, Liston, and Frazier those other guys were always the aggressor.

Counter punch doesnt mean not scoring knockouts. More than half of Floyd's victories (26/48) have come by knockout. I had predicted he would KO Manny in 9th. I found how hed win the more interesting question than who would win: imo it was easily going to be Floyd.

Lol. He couldnt do it with Manny having a bad shoulder.

Like Lol.

Lol. He couldnt do it with Manny having a bad shoulder.

Like Lol.

Manny admitted he didn't keep attacking because he (bizarrely) thought he was ahead on points. As a result he didn't tire himself out to the degree he would have been vulnerable to KO. Given your ignorance on the sport, I should explain to you that counterpunchers often look to score their KOs in later rounds after the opponent wears down from having thrown a lot of punches, and getting nailed with counter punches throughout the fight. Punchers like Tyson try to score KOs early, and if they dont they get into trouble against counter punchers as the fight wears on Edited by JTSP

How does someone who repeatedly beats women have the right to call anyone else a coward?

I wonder if Floyd sticks to his counter punch stick and run style when taking on a chick? Something tells me he does. He's very committed to that style. At least we know that he won't knock out a girl just out point her.

Edited by Dante

Which one of these fighters did your son play high school football with?

Very funny.....very funny

I wonder if Floyd sticks to his counter punch stick and run style when taking on a chick? Something tells me he does. He's very committed to that style. At least we know that he won't knock out a girl just out point her.

Does anyone get visions of Mayweather and Rhonda Rousey dukin it out?

I know it would never happen but

Manny admitted he didn't keep attacking because he (bizarrely) thought he was ahead on points. As a result he didn't tire himself out to the degree he would have been vulnerable to KO. Given your ignorance on the sport, I should explain to you that counterpunchers often look to score their KOs in later rounds after the opponent wears down from having thrown a lot of punches, and getting nailed with counter punches throughout the fight. Punchers like Tyson try to score KOs early, and if they dont they get into trouble against counter punchers as the fight wears on

Sore loser! And your guy won.

lol

Well you're kind of right. I used to love the sport. I watched it all from 1990-2010. I just got turned off from it to be honest.

20 yrs of fights and I watched a lot of past great fights too. Most of Alis fights. All of Mike Tysons and some other boxers in the past.

But what do I know. I dont beat girls.

How does someone who repeatedly beats women have the right to call anyone else a coward?

This.

lol

Well you're kind of right. I used to love the sport. I watched it all from 1990-2010. I just got turned off from it to be honest.

20 yrs of fights and I watched a lot of past great fights too. Most of Alis fights. All of Mike Tysons and some other boxers in the past.

But what do I know. I dont beat girls.

Never underestimate JTSP's ability to be completely wrong on a subject.

He has mastered it.