Tedy Bruschi vs Lawyer Milloy

Lawyer Milloy refused to take a pay cut, saying he can't feed a family with Super Bowl rings. Tedy Bruschi took $2mil a year when he could have gotten 3 times as much on the open market. He'll settle for eating Kraft mac & cheese...and becoming a part of NFL history.

What hope do the Bills have of ever catching the Pats when we have players who think like Milloy?

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...348/1007/SPORTS

PTR

What hope do the Bills have of ever catching the Pats when we have players who think like Milloy?

230306[/snapback]

Let's see what happens with Brady. He's far and away the best QB in the game IMO, and if anyone should be making Peyton Manning-money, it's him. Sooner or later, they're going to have to pay him what he's worth, and that's when I see them slipping... of course, if BB retires, it could be sooner. :doh:

Let's see what happens with Brady. He's far and away the best QB in the game IMO, and if anyone should be making Peyton Manning-money, it's him. Sooner or later, they're going to have to pay him what he's worth, and that's when I see them slipping... of course, if BB retires, it could be sooner. :doh:

230330[/snapback]

That's the interesting thing about New England, though, isn't it? And I think this is the point that PTR was making - players that want to win will take less money if they are convinced they are going to sign with a successful franchise.

I'm not convinced Brady will ever demand Manning-like money (although I agree he would deserve it) as long as the Patriots are successful.

I'm not convinced Brady will ever demand Manning-like money (although I agree he would deserve it) as long as the Patriots are successful.

230341[/snapback]

i would not be surprised if he did.....he has tons of leverage (10M cap hit next year under existing contract) and he's proven in the past year he will make a fuss over money (i.e. cadillac hoopla and GM lawsuit)........

230341[/snapback]

I agree. He can just make the difference up in endorsements anyway. That's the point Milloy misses altogether. History lasts forever, but paychecks (no matter how large) are gone in the blink of an eye.

Brady, Bruschi et all will make more money off the field over the next five years than they'll make from their salaries. Then there's announcing gigs after they retire, etc.

Bruschi is set for life in a sports-crazy town like Boston. That's a hell of a lot more attractive than a few million more in salary and a largely anonomous career in some other town.

In a few years, it'll be "Lawyer who???" anyway. :doh:

I agree. He can just make the difference up in endorsements anyway. That's the point Milloy misses altogether. History lasts forever, but paychecks (no matter how large) are gone in the blink of an eye.

Brady, Bruschi et all will make more money off the field over the next five years than they'll make from their salaries. Then there's announcing gigs after they retire, etc.

Bruschi is set for life in a sports-crazy town like Boston. That's a hell of a lot more attractive than a few million more in salary and a largely anonomous career in some other town.

I don't know where to start.

1) Lawyer left the pats after he already won a superbowl, so he had that going for him (as in, I've already won a superbowl).

2) He left the Pats after they had a pretty disapointing season and missed the playoffs. It's not like they were on the verge of a dynasty and he skipped town for the money. To most, it appeared like the Pats were on the downswing.

3) Although his comments were dumb and came off poorly, the fact is that they were asking him to take a pretty big pay cut. If you signed a $4 million CONTRACT with your current company and they instead offered you $2 million per year, and what looks like an up and coming company across town offered you $4 million per year for the next 3 years are you telling me you would stick with your current company? sure.

4) If you honestly think that Teddy Bruschi is going to make $2 million off the field in Boston in the next year you must be smoking crack. Dunkin Donuts and Chevy dealerships don't pay millions of dollars.

5) Lawyer Milloy CANNOT make up the difference in endorsements. This line of reasoning makes me laugh. "Hey lawyer, why don't you take a HUGE paycut and then if your team wins the next two superbowls you might be able to make some of the money back in endorsements" :doh:

230330[/snapback]

IMO P. Manning is better, but the pats have a better TEAM. thats why they win superbowls and the colts loose playoff games.

brady SHOULD get PAID. im talkin manning money. he said he will take less. but he should get paid close to manning, simply because of the SB wins.

One of the reasons that NE had a bad 2002 season was Milloy dogged it for most of the year. After the SB he was not the same player. second there were some players who did not mind him gone because it was becoming more about his goals than team

he did not leave the team by choice he was cut. NE decied he was costing more than his play deserved. I wondered what money Nate will want after his contract is up after talking to Milloy.What about Pat and JJ this year. What kind of money do they now want after talking to Milloy. Moulds is volunterring to restructure and here's Milloy saying get all the money you can . I do not see Milloy restructuring to help the team

With guys like Milloy and Law, is is all about the money because their agents are the Poston brothers. Get it all and screw the team thing is their motto

Milloy says he hates to lose but it is OK as long as I make the most money.

Maybe we should be more gratefull to Moulds and more critical to Milloy

I do not fault Milloy leaving for more money, that was his option in not restructuring his contract to help the team with cap space. he got what he wanted , a nice fat contract but he should just keep quiet and play winning football and help the Bills win the SB.

Bills fans can't feed their kids Super Bowl rings either, but they spend their hard-earned money supporting a team that they hope will someday get one! If Milloy doesn't care about winning a Super Bowl, I don't want him on our team.

The big difference is Bruschi signed a lower salaried contract and most likely will see every cent of that contract as opposed to someone who signed a blockbuster deal but will never see the final years as he's cut for salary cap reasons.

The big difference is Bruschi signed a lower salaried contract and most likely will see every cent of that contract as opposed to someone who signed a blockbuster deal but will never see the final years as he's cut for salary cap reasons.

arguing today that milloy should have accepted a pay cut is easy to do today, but look at it from his perspective:

- the pats had just missed the playoffs, and nobody had any clue the pats would win 2 more superbowls

- he signed a contract with them for the money, and they didn't want to pay it.

- somebody else came along and said we will pay you the money.

I'd like to know how many people on TSW woudn't do the same exact thing.

and I'm still laughing at the poster who claimed he could have made the money up in endorsements...funny stuff.

I think we should all be outraged by this comment.

I get more pissed the more i think about it.

Lawyer Milloy refused to take a pay cut, saying he can't feed a family with Super Bowl rings.  Tedy Bruschi took $2mil a year when he could have gotten 3 times as much on the open market.  He'll settle for eating Kraft mac & cheese...and becoming a part of NFL history.

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/p...348/1007/SPORTS

PTR

230306[/snapback]

I'd have alot more problems with Lawyer Milloy if he wasn't one of the guys on the team giving the most.

At the end of the day, Lawyer Milloy owes ALOT more to his family than the Buffalo BILLS or their fans. Just as each of us do with ours and the companies we work for.

Let's see what happens with Brady. He's far and away the best QB in the game IMO, and if anyone should be making Peyton Manning-money, it's him.

230330[/snapback]

LOL LOL LOL

Brady is good because of his system. Put him on any other team...

The reason WHY Brady does NOT make Manning-like money is because he KNOWS he is not as good as everyone says.

I wish and pray that he goes to some scrub team, sign a HUGE contract, and struggle. Then who is the best Quarterback in football???

LOL  LOL LOL

Brady is good because of his system.  Put him on any other team...

The reason WHY Brady does NOT make Manning-like money is because he KNOWS he is not as good as everyone says. 

I wish and pray that he goes to some scrub team, sign a HUGE contract, and struggle.  Then who is the best Quarterback in football???

231446[/snapback]

I hope that keeps you warm at night.