How entertaining was the Superbowl?

Fezmid

How good do you think the Superbowl was?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. How good do you think the Superbowl was?

• Great! A classic
    • Average: It was entertaining
    • Poor: Kinda boring...

And the vast majority of commercials sucked. All I learned was that Tabasco is HOT, and keep your cat away from the Ragu.

230337[/snapback]

The commercials were unusually lousy.

Batman and War of the Worlds looked cool, though.

What the heck was up with those commercials???  :doh:  Even Buds sucked. I liked the monkey ones for that website,though.  :lol:

230348[/snapback]

I'm sure careerbuilder.com is excited that you only remembered it as "that website." :lol:

CW

I have never understood the hype/mania concerning Super Bowl commercials. I hate commercials, SB or otherwise. All I know is that by wathcing the SB every year, I get a preview of the commercials that will be run ad nausium for the next few months, with inifinite stupid spinoffs. Because of commercials, sports are the only thing I watch on network tv...and, yeah, this was a pretty mediocre SB. I don't mind that the Pats won (one of those who respects the Pats), and I could have lived with the Eagles winning. I just want to see a good game. This game was close, but nether team played particularly well, IMO. Next year, when the Bills are cruising past the Lions (on their way to a dynasty) this game will be long forgotten.....zzzzzzzz

Paul McCartney was the only thing about the SB that pleasently surprised me..."Drive My Car" was an awesome choice, as was "Get Back". He still sounds pretty damn good. Anyone see John Fogerty on the pre-game. Love CCR, but he sounded awful.....

bad halftime show?

That was the BEST halftime show i have ever seen. I am not even a fan of the Beatles (or Paul himself) but that halftime show was awesome. Thank god it wasn't some thug hip hop group or some flash in the pan "diva" singing. I thought the half time show was sweet.

The ONLY funny commercial was that of GoDaddy, and I am personally shocked that that put that much money into a SB commecial. Possibly the only company that most of the audience has never heard of, yet I am a client of. I just hope their prices don't go up due to the new publicty.

But going back to the original point, what did you guy want to see for the halftime show? Seriosuly, i thought it was extremlyl entertaining.

bad halftime show?

That was the BEST halftime show i have ever seen. I am not even a fan of the Beatles (or Paul himself) but that halftime show was awesome. Thank god it wasn't some thug hip hop group or some flash in the pan "diva" singing. I thought the half time show was sweet.

But going back to the original point, what did you guy want to see for the halftime show? Seriosuly, i thought it was extremlyl entertaining.

230384[/snapback]

That might be accurate if U2 didn't put on the most timely, classy, and kick-ass HTS after 9/11.

McCartney was dull and predictable as a 62 yo male with a penile pump.

bad halftime show?

The ONLY funny commercial was that of GoDaddy, and I am personally shocked that that put that much money into a SB commecial. Possibly the only company that most of the audience has never heard of, yet I am a client of. I just hope their prices don't go up due to the new publicty.

230384[/snapback]

GoDaddy's prices aren't that bad. It costs a registor around $6.50 to register a domain name through ICANN.

The whole Super Bowl experience this year was one big giant snooze fest. The game, the commercials & the half time show were all boring garbage. I think they hype everything way too much for two weeks and then it's just a big letdown. The whole thing was cleaned up to a G rating except for one commercial and there is no controversy to discuss at all. Pats winning again didn't help matters. They are a boring, efficient machine with zero personality just like the entire Super Bowl production. Enough is enough. I will enjoy watching the Patriots downfall into oblivion starting right now.

As usual, I'm pissed off at the end result of the Super Bowl. As a Bills fan that seems to be my lot in life.

On the upside, a friend of mine that I invited over to watch the game brought me a Monte Christo cigar fom Cuba. That had to be the greatest smoke I ever had. :doh: