Dad chooses child over wife

BillsFanM.D.

Initial thought before reading

always a tough choice. Which do you choose? The woman you love or the child your love brought?

after reading

Good for him. Abandoning the child because of a defect like that. Shame on her and hers

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

always a tough choice. Which do you choose? The woman you love or the child your love brought?

after reading

Good for him. Abandoning the child because of a defect like that. Shame on her and hers

The 'link' on MSN said "Father chooses baby over wife." I went through the same thought process...and came to the same conclusion.

i'd take the child every time, without hesitation!

after reading

That’s one way of looking at it. I’ve known quite a few people with Down Syndrome. The idea that they should, as a rule, be abandoned at birth is a little more than I can chalk up to cultural differences.

When you look at through the lense of 2015 American culture, sure.

How many folks with Down's did you know in 1940's America, or in Armenia? The fact is that it was a cultural norm to do exactly what was done here. You don't have to like it, and it's certainly fine to find that culture to be inferior to your own; but it absolutely is a cultural difference.

When you look at through the lense of 2015 American culture, sure.

How many folks with Down's did you know in 1940's America, or in Armenia? The fact is that it was a cultural norm to do exactly what was done here. You don't have to like it, and it's certainly fine to find that culture to be inferior to your own; but it absolutely is a cultural difference.

Inferior, yes. With regard to this issue, that hits it on the nose.