Anderson Silva Tests Positive For Two Different Steroids

Fingon

Is this a surprise? Pro athlete using drugs???? Well, sorry, adult male on male erotic gladiator using drugs?

Wait, didn't you use to throw on some tights singlets and get real intimate on the mats with other men?

In addition, Diaz tested positive for weed.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Wait, didn't you use to throw on some tights singlets and get real intimate on the mats with other men?

In addition, Diaz tested positive for weed.

I never said there was anything wrong with it. What men do in the privacy of their own home is nobodies business. :nana:

But, for real, the following of UFC and the sport itself is much different then actual wrestling. It's 1/4 half WWE, 1/4 Glee, 15/32 sport, and 1/32 homo. And, yes, I would say that to any UFC fighter or fan to their face - I already have. It's just...gay.

I never said there was anything wrong with it. What men do in the privacy of their own home is nobodies business. :nana:

But, for real, the following of UFC and the sport itself is much different then actual wrestling. It's 1/4 half WWE, 1/4 Glee, 15/32 sport, and 1/32 homo. And, yes, I would say that to any UFC fighter or fan to their face - I already have. It's just...gay.

:lol:

MMA was popular about 100 years ago. The sport got boring. They scripted it. We now know it as pro wrestling.

The sport is hardly boring. The profession is. The sport itself, as a practice, is very motivating. I do not think the average schlub on the couch is deciding to get off his derriere for the first time to take it up at a local gym. But, I think it is a motivator for some people to get up and do something. It doesn't have the outreach of youth basketball or soccer, which is great for getting kids moving. The adults who follow it, I would gather as a whole and assume that most do not participate in much physical activity or actual fitness exercise weekly. They just wear their carbon copy d-bag "affliction" or "tapout" shirts. The adults who follow it remind me of ICP fans bred to WWE fans with a NASCAR fan step father.

All in all, from what I have experienced at local gyms when dabbling in to this, which wasn't much, the tough guy mentality far outweighs the actual tough guy. The one time I actually messed around with doing it I had an instructor try to injure me to show me a lesson; that it is not as overrated as I thought. He proved me right, though, because my message to him was that it is not about toughness but it is about ego and who can hurt the other. It seems most people who enter this "sport" over the age of 16 get beat in by some type of injury. Personally, I know of one guy who had his elbow dislocated in his 3rd week in a submission hold, another who had his wrist broke in submission, another who had his ankle jacked up, etc...all by the vets of their gyms trying to show them how serious it is. This is why I never got in to it. I don't like getting injured or having to prove myself.

The sport is hardly boring. The profession is. The sport itself, as a practice, is very motivating. I do not think the average schlub on the couch is deciding to get off his derriere for the first time to take it up at a local gym. But, I think it is a motivator for some people to get up and do something. It doesn't have the outreach of youth basketball or soccer, which is great for getting kids moving. The adults who follow it, I would gather as a whole and assume that most do not participate in much physical activity or actual fitness exercise weekly. They just wear their carbon copy d-bag "affliction" or "tapout" shirts. The adults who follow it remind me of ICP fans bred to WWE fans with a NASCAR fan step father.

All in all, from what I have experienced at local gyms when dabbling in to this, which wasn't much, the tough guy mentality far outweighs the actual tough guy. The one time I actually messed around with doing it I had an instructor try to injure me to show me a lesson; that it is not as overrated as I thought. He proved me right, though, because my message to him was that it is not about toughness but it is about ego and who can hurt the other. It seems most people who enter this "sport" over the age of 16 get beat in by some type of injury. Personally, I know of one guy who had his elbow dislocated in his 3rd week in a submission hold, another who had his wrist broke in submission, another who had his ankle jacked up, etc...all by the vets of their gyms trying to show them how serious it is. This is why I never got in to it. I don't like getting injured or having to prove myself.

I'm not saying they're not world class athletes. And I'm not gonna stoop to the level of saying it's just oiled up shirtless men rubbing each other. It can be exciting. But from a spectators point of view, granted I've only watched a handful of times, one they're grappling on the ground, it gets boring to watch.

I've never really understood why it's such a big deal. From what I understand, steroids are not terribly dangerous if used properly. I've actually considered going to see an endocrinologist to get testosterone supplements. It promotes healing and obviously makes for a more productive workout.

I've never really understood why it's such a big deal. From what I understand, steroids are not terribly dangerous if used properly. I've actually considered going to see an endocrinologist to get testosterone supplements. It promotes healing and obviously makes for a more productive workout.

it works for Stallone and old dudes on cenegenics.

I love the double standard; it's cheating for athletes but ok for everybody else who wants to stay young and perform.

Just read on sherdog how ratings are suffering because of athletes getting busted for PEDs. I think it is time to drop the charade of testing athletes and just let them use what ever they want because they do anyway. Then it's out of sight out of mind and nobody thinks about the Peds and we/they can go on are marry way of enjoying elite level competition without all the hassles.

Just read on sherdog how ratings are suffering because of athletes getting busted for PEDs. I think it is time to drop the charade of testing athletes and just let them use what ever they want because they do anyway. Then it's out of sight out of mind and nobody thinks about the Peds and we/they can go on are marry way of enjoying elite level competition without all the hassles.

That’s great except no sane parents would ever let their kids get into organized sports. It would essentially make PED's compulsory and not just in the elite ranks. Also, the NFL would need to install conveyer belts on the playing fields to remove the mangled corpses after each play.

Edited by Cugalabanza

The problem is that this is all done by the State of Nevada. The UFC doesn't have any control over the process if they want their guys to fight in Vegas.

I think another big reason ratings are falling for the UFC is because of oversaturation. I'm as big a fan as there is, but there are WAY too many events now. The cards are watered down because of it. The 4th and 5th fights on the main card ten years ago are headlining the smaller events now.

Add to that the fact that a large portion of UFC fans, the mouthbreathers specifically, don't like the smaller weight classes because they generally tend to lack the knockout power larger fighters possess. Their speed and skill is taken for granted. For example, Demetrius "Mighty Mouse" Johnson is probably the best pound for pound fighter in the world right now, and he can barely draw fans to the free events on Fox.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

Thats great except no sane parents would ever let their kids get into organized sports. It would essentially make PED's compulsory and not just in the elite ranks. Also, the NFL would need to install conveyer belts on the playing fields to remove the mangled corpses after each play.

Why would professional athletes using steroids affect a "sane" parent's decision to let their kids play organized amateur sports?