A consolation prize if the Pats* win Sunday (Thanks Rex!)

The opening game of the 2015 season (like always) will feature the Super Bowl champion, at home. The game is played on Thursday night, and is in prime time.

Take a look at the 8 home opponents for the Patriots next season:

Bills

Dolphins

Jets

Jaguars

Titans

Eagles

Redskins

Steelers

Now, factor in the fact that the Bills got Rex Ryan... and who's to say what's to come at the QB position.

We are a young team, on the rise, with stars on defense.

We (generally) play the Pats tough, and have more of a natural rivalry with the Pats than any of the teams on that list.

The only other game that could possibly make sense would be the Steelers at the Pats, but believe it or not, the Bills might be a bigger draw next season for an opening game. And if a guy like Kap is our QB? It would be a virtual guarantee!

The opening game of the 2015 season (like always) will feature the Super Bowl champion, at home. The game is played on Thursday night, and is in prime time.

Bills

Dolphins

Jets

Jaguars

Titans

Eagles

Redskins

Steelers

Now, factor in the fact that the Bills got Rex Ryan... and who's to say what's to come at the QB position.

We (generally) play the Pats tough, and have more of a natural rivalry with the Pats than any of the teams on that list.

The only other game that could possibly make sense would be the Steelers at the Pats, but believe it or not, the Bills might be a bigger draw next season for an opening game. And if a guy like Kap is our QB? It would be a virtual guarantee!

Kap? Like Kapernick?

Bills

Dolphins

Jets

Jaguars

Titans

Eagles

Redskins

Steelers

some interesting commentary, but i think depending on the draft any of the combinations are in play except jags. outside of AFC East I dont think the rest of the NFL really cares much about rex vs bellichick.

that said, I dont want them to win just so bills have a chance to open the season.

at this time my wild guess would be eagles ... kelly vs belli is still a good matchup, + it brings in a broader audience

Edited by JTSP

Jets.

I think the NFL views Jets - Pats as a juicy rivalry. Between 2 big markets.

Also, if history is any indication, the NFL needs the 2nd Bills-Pats game to be in Boston. Not the first.

------------

Whoa. My 1.000th post. Cooooooooooooool

Edited by maddenboy

Jets.

I think the NFL views Jets - Pats as a juicy rivalry. Between 2 big markets.

Also, if history is any indication, the NFL needs the 2nd Bills-Pats game to be in Boston. Not the first.

------------

Whoa. My 1.000th post. Cooooooooooooool

Whoop whoop!

But seriously I want no part of that game ...

Can't see it happening. Nor the Jets. The NFL won't want a non-playoff team on opening night, and they definitely don't want a blowout.

Steelers, most likely, if this is how it's done.

Damn that's an easy schedule. Crap.