Short Term High Profile Truth, or Long Term Nagging Issue?

When will those in the spotlight learn that the short run impact of telling the truth when caught in a compromising situation is much preferred to coverup lies that feed the nagging issue over the long term? Don't we all know by now that the coverup results in more significant blowback than the simple truth; can we see that developing a coverup results in TWO problems: The original transgression plus the coverup? Case in point: Benghazi.

The fact that this simple truth is lost in the context of political arrogance just baffles me; how 'bout you, Sheldon?

Sail on, Oh ship of state.

Sheldon Silver (D - NY) is not a good example for this, because he is not covering up a single event, but a lifetime of payoffs and cronyism.

..........unless you meant him...............sheldon_cooper.jpg

Sheldon Silver (D - NY) is not a good example for this, because he is not covering up a single event, but a lifetime of payoffs and cronyism.

..........unless you meant him...............sheldon_cooper.jpg

Actually my example is Benghazi. I could have added Deflategate and any number of others.

I referenced Shelly Silver as one mired in political arrogance.

Actually my example is Benghazi. I could have added Deflategate and any number of others.

I referenced Shelly Silver as one mired in political arrogance.

Not sure anything the administration said would have stopped the malicious lies to have spread about that attack

Not sure anything the administration said would have stopped the malicious lies to have spread about that attack

The first thing the administration could have done would be to not create the malicious lies in the first place.

But it'll be hard to make that case to a person like yourself who cheered the way the WH and State Department left four Americans for dead and then spent weeks lying about.