Sammy V Odell Beckham

JP's Voice

agree people should be delighted if watkins elevates his game to moulds level, and starts winning some jump ball contests for a change.

Since this has become the crutch for your argument, why don't you point out which jump ball opportunities he was afforded during the season?

I can remember one: against GB on a horribly under-thrown sideline pattern on which Sammy had beaten the coverage by a good 2 yards. Any others, or are you going to fall back on "trust me" like you did with the "too many drops" argument that was flat out proven wrong with numbers?

Oh and by the way, what were Moulds' numbers his rookie year?

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All things equal, sure. But we gave up 2 firsts to take a guy wth similar talent (if we are lucky) intead of just picking the guy that was perhaps just as good (and as we are seeing probably much better). Sammy will be good but he was never 2 first round picks better than ODB jr. I just can't believe they watched his pre-game routine and then decided they thought Sammy was worth it. Watch that video, it's nuts

If you are going to be this precise, you should at least do the proper accounting of how much Sammie cost. He cost one 1st rounder and a 4th rounder, not two first rounders.

If you are going to be this precise, you should at least do the proper accounting of how much Sammie cost. He cost one 1st rounder and a 4th rounder, not two first rounders.

Yep. It's Sammy > ODB + first rounder. Net change of one first round pick.

The Bills traded their first round picks in 2014 and 2015 and a 4th rounder in 2015 to Cleveland for their 2014 first. So 2 firsts and a 4th

The Bills traded their first round picks in 2014 and 2015 and a 4th rounder in 2015 to Cleveland for their 2014 first. So 2 firsts and a 4th

No.

I've had enough of this argument, or spin, or whatever. Quite enough.

This statement, "Sammy will be good but he was never 2 first round picks better than ODB jr." is wrong. ODB cost a first rounder, and Sammy cost 2. Net difference of one. Not two.

So the Giants "gave up" a 1st for Beckham too, right?

yes they had a 1st round pick. they can use it on Beckham, they can draft someone else, they can trade it. so the cost of Beckham was 1 first round pick. he wasn't free

Sammy on the other hand cost 1 first + another first + a 4th. 2 firsts and a 4th if you are keeping score at home

you need to use a pick to draft him. so it cost them 2 firsts (2014 and 2015). semantics ftw

It's not semantics and this has been pointed out many times before.

You said, Sammy will be good but he was never 2 first round picks better than ODB jr

Under your definition, that's 2 first round picks Bills gave up in your world, as opposed to the 1 first round pick they gave up in real life.

You said, Sammy will be good but he was never 2 first round picks better than ODB jr

Under your definition, that's 2 first round picks Bills gave up in your world, as opposed to the 1 first round pick they gave up in real life.

nope please see above. every pick has a value

Maye he's confusing semantics for subtraction.

the Browns were picking 4th. the Bills were picking 8th. The Bills traded their first at 8 and next year's first and fourth for the Browns' first pick at 4.

you guys are saying the Bills didn't trade their first last year? so the Bills picked 4th and 8th? i guess i missed our 2nd first round draft pick last year. who was it?