Milloy sure comes off sounding bad in that

Milloy is a selfish jerk who is overrated and overpaid. Donahoe has to stop taking the bait and picking up Patsy refuse. No good thing has come of it yet (except for the Patsies, of course.)

Note to Donahoe: If the Patriots unload someone, they're in the trash for a reason! There are NO bargains in the NE Dumpster!!!

Milloy is a selfish jerk who is overrated and overpaid. Donahoe has to stop taking the bait and picking up Patsy refuse. No good thing has come of it yet (except for the Patsies, of course.)

Note to Donahoe: If the Patriots unload someone, they're in the trash for a reason! There are NO bargains in the NE Dumpster!!!

229596[/snapback]

Good to hear from you Moose ! How's the artwork coming along these days?

Good to hear from you Moose ! How's the artwork coming along these days?

229598[/snapback]

Ah, this is my first full weekend off since the new year... so I'm not getting much done. I have to get the February wallpaper done for the Bills today - or no Super Bowl party for me! :P

How goes it with you?

(Gee you're up early - or still up late - for the West Coast!)

Ah, this is my first full weekend off since the new year... so I'm not getting much done. I have to get the February wallpaper done for the Bills today - or no Super Bowl party for me!  :P

How goes it with you?

(Gee you're up early - or still up late - for the West Coast!)

229600[/snapback]

Yes, I'm up early getting a few things done while the house is still quiet. I like to do online research when the net is fast and everything is quiet so I can think about the real estate transactions I come across. It's hard to make good decisions when kids are loose and running about !

How come this is your first weekend off ? Where do you work to be busy so much?

In private, most all players say the same thing. Milloy could have used better judgement but decided to speak up anyhow. Dumb but hardly surprising.

The Pats do spread the wealth but many players would not do as well without Belechick, thus , they sign on for a little less. Brady won't accept peanuts when his next contract is up.

Once Milloy returned to the lineup this year, the Defense improved significantly. Hardly a coincidence. This reminds me of when Sam Adams has a sideline blowup earlier in the year. The next day, I read a thread where dozens of people want to cut him. Brilliant !

These guys won't be performing surgery on you in the near future. They're athletes. Sticks and stones. Get over it.

He sounds like he went for the money instead of the ring.

229586[/snapback]

Well...there was never a doubt about that...

I guess to me what comes off as plain dumb is the "Supporting your Family" crap. I mean, he's talking about the better Players on NE's Roster, and though some may be under Market Value, I'm quite sure their Families are O.K. for a generation or two...

What Lawyer, and Athlete's like him completely ignore is the fact that not everyone is the same...plain and simple...For every Milloy, there will be a Bruschi...Milloy's views are not totally incorrect, but when you start putting it in the context of "this guy should think this way, or these guys are blowing an opportunity to help their Families..." Well...that just sounds like sour grapes, and honestly it comes off as incredibly selfish. Selfish in the "Money 1st" catagory, but also clueless in the in the tone of the statements because the tone is, "I'm smarter than you are about protecting My Family..." That's just idiotic...No other way to put it... 0:)

In private, most all players say the same thing. Milloy could have used better judgement but decided to speak up anyhow. Dumb but hardly surprising.

The Pats do spread the wealth but many players would not do as well without Belechick, thus , they sign on for a little less. Brady won't accept peanuts when his next contract is up.

Once Milloy returned to the lineup this year, the Defense improved significantly. Hardly a coincidence. This reminds me of when Sam Adams has a sideline blowup earlier in the year. The next day, I read a thread where dozens of people want to cut him. Brilliant !

These guys won't be performing surgery on you in the near future. They're athletes. Sticks and stones. Get over it.

229661[/snapback]

Yeah, I do understand the emotional part of being a fan, you want the players to play for love of the game, but I have to wonder if those calling Milloy "overrated" and "trash" watched the games early in the year with Milloy out.

milloy is overrated and he's selfish. that's why belichick cut him.

donahoe should never again pick up a belichick cast off.

if milloy doesn't realize that belichick's system isn't the best system you can employ to create a winning team, he's just a bitter man spouting sour grapes.

package milloy and bledsoe to dallas. send them back to parcells from whence they came. I'd do it for their 2nd round pick.

Milloy's comments deserve all Bills fans ire, but Milloy has been a solid contributor to our very excellent Defense. I was glad when we picked him up, and still glad he is our S. However I'll be 1st in line to tell him to shut his piehole.

I also think getting Drew Bledsoe in here was another solid decision. Drew gave the team instant credibility after the Johnson/Flutie debacle. He sold seats, and made the Bills instantly attractive to other FA's that have signed with us. Drew might not worked out as planned, but the deal did help us rebound and rebuild.

I really do not have any problems with either of these acquisitions. I do agree its time to fade DB out of the Bills picture, but in hindsight I still believe DB has had a positive effect on the rebuilding of the club.

I also have no problems with TD as our GM. He takes some chances. Sometimes they work out, sometimes they don't. Would any other GM in this league draft WM in the mid 1st rd when other needs could've been addressed ? Not many GM's would have had the forsight to franchise Peerless and then trade him for a 1st rd pick (see WM deal) . TD was crafty in getting Takeo Spikes from Cincy. He jumped on London Fletcher and got a steal deal in the process. He bargained hard and long for Sam Adams and Sam had a monster season for us this year.

TD made some bad decisions like Greg Williams, Lindell, and trading up for Denny but if you want to make an Omlette your going to have to break a few eggs

I personally find it irritatating/insulting/insensitive etc. when I here a pro athlete talk about needing to "feed their family". Dont they understand how bad that sounds? Ive heard this insane argument from pro-millionares a number of times (I think spreewell was the last and he got ripped in the media).

I think the only time they could say this would be before they get their first contract. Once a player has made 7 figures, then no-one is going to be concerned that the family is going to starve

Milloy:

if some of those guys would test the market, being a champion that they've been, they could really go out there and make top dollar. But for some reason, they want to stay. And that's good. But the other part is (making sure) your family is stable after football is all done. You can't feed your family off of Super Bowl rings."

When you look at the roster of most teams, they have players like Milloy and Vincent who take the money over a backup role on a SB team. It is only late in your career do you sign with a contender to get a ring. Some players like Kearse got it both, the money and the SB team.

What would you do? Would you take a "below market value" offer to play for a SB team?

Well, if you want to read THIS thread, you'd better be wearing it inside-out. 0:)

229625[/snapback]

Better take another look at how our Bills faired when he came back. He did quite a bit to help shore up the SS position. Jerk, maybe, but still a solid, if not very good player.

Better take another look at how our Bills faired when he came back. He did quite a bit to help shore up the SS position. Jerk, maybe, but still a solid, if not very good player.

230077[/snapback]

Play Devil's advocate -- maybe Milloy was trying to plant some seeds of doubt in the Patriots players to bust the team up... Ok, I'm usually a glass half full kinda guy 0:)

CW

Play Devil's advocate -- maybe Milloy was trying to plant some seeds of doubt in the Patriots players to bust the team up...  Ok, I'm usually a glass half full kinda guy 0:)

CW

230089[/snapback]

I'm sure he's still sore at the Pats and BB. As long as he's stirring the Pats pot, go for it.