With Rex Coming, Front Office Changes?

norton20

I am happy with the hire but if I were to pick the potential head coach that was the most "marketable", it would be Ryan. Thay makes me wonder about how involved Brandon is. I wish they would just cut ties with him. I know he is considerd a "marketing genius" but I really wish he would be cut out of everything else.

I was thinking the same thing. The number one thing Brandon had to worry about was job preservation, but that was more of an issue between him and Pegula (and any potential czar Pegula might have consulted). Regarding the coaching hire, his DNA no doubt had him thinking about a hire with some flash to increase ticket sales. To me that is why Shan was on the top of his list (if rumor true), and honestly at that point in the process I'm not sure that anyone involved in it really thought getting Ryan was a possibility. Right now Brandon's got to be on cloud 9. An entire marketing campaign can be built around Ryan now and season ticket sales will increase. I just hope they can keep him away from the football side once and for all now.

Edited by stevewin

Pegula led the interviews.

The owners are obviously involved. The group that interviewed the candidates was: Kim Pegula, Terry Pegula, Russ Brandon and Doug Whaley. It has been said throughout that Whaley was leading the interviews. Regardless, why would you include people in the interview process that were going to be fired? Why would Whaley be interested in a candidate that may cost him his job?

That's kind of the point. As soon as that group was set up to conduct interviews it was apparent that the FO will remain for at least another year.

I can't remember which nationally recognized NFL media source said it now, but Doug Whaley was said to be leading the interviews.

At various points Terry Pegula was said to insert his own random question or comment, presumably somewhat out of place and coming from left field, according to the source.

I can't remember who said this, but I'm sure I read the reference to this as some Twitter post reported at this forum, some time today.

I"m pretty sure that has already been taken care of.

I mean...since the ownership change, Brandon doesn't have a damned thing to do with football operations or anything of substance, as it should be.

I believe that was reported by Tim Graham.

I can't help but think Brandon's head must be spinning. I mean it seems like yesterday he was spouting off in public luncheons how Doug Marrone is a great coach and changed the culture of the organization. He couldn't talk him up enough. Then in a blink 'ol St. Doug walks away from everything having to do with Brandon's beloved Bills, and it comes out how much of a thin-skinned, controlling jerk he is.

Anyway- no real point here. I don't dislike Brandon...i think he is a WNY guy and wants as badly as anyone to see the Bills succeed. He is well thought of around the league in Corporate marketing circles. Just keep him away from the significant football player & coach decisions.