Are The DEMS Crazy ?

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

Nope. Howard Dean is the most respectable, honest, and straightforward guy you could have in a high leadership position...

It's not his fault that the current state of affairs is so undeniably screwed up... if there is ANYONE who can fix this mess, it's him, just like the people who fixed your party's mess after Bush I and Dole couldn't throw off Clinton.

Best wishes Howard- you represent the true best hope of the moderate voice.

Nope. Howard Dean is the most respectable, honest, and straightforward guy you could have in a high leadership position...

229231[/snapback]

I doubt it...he's a politician. He might be the most respectable, honest, and straightforward politician you could put in a leadership position...but he's still a politician.

Oh! you mean this most "honest, and straightforward guy"

DEAN USES EVERYTHING BUT KITCHEN

SINK TO KEEP FILES SECRET

Dean Hides Behind Legal Process To Keep Records Sealed.  FOX NEWS' CHRIS WALLACE: "Why not just open them up governor?  I can't believe that anybody in Vermont is going to prevent you.  Why not just say, 'They're open. Reporters ... ?'"  DEAN: "Well, actually it's a very complicated legal question and what we're going to do, I suspect, is let the judge take a look at all these documents.  ... [T]here is a lawsuit over this ... and what we think the best thing to do is to let the judge go through every single document and decide for himself what ought to be revealed and what not to be revealed ..." 

(Fox News' "Sunday," 12/7/03)

And Falsely Claims Records Are Sealed To Protect Others' Privacy.  WALLACE: "s anybody asking you to keep them closed?"  DEAN: "Well, I think it's very clear that there are some things in there that are really not fair to reveal - privacy concerns, people writing letters in to me that are private. I mean, everybody admits that if somebody writes a letter to me saying, you know, 'Dear Governor, my wife has AIDS' or something like that, that should not be revealed. ..."  WALLACE: "But, Governor, the Boston Herald - if I may, the Boston Herald this week looked at what is already open, and they found a lot of letters exactly like that that are already open, personal letters about medical conditions."  DEAN: "Right."  WALLACE: "So it doesn't seem that that's what's being protected here."  (Fox News' "Sunday," 12/7/03)

Nowhere In Vermont Statutes Does It Say Records Must Be Sealed.  "The official correspondence of the governor is the property of the state. Upon retiring from office he or she shall cause such correspondence and an itemized list thereof to be deposited with the secretary of state. The secretary of state shall preserve these records in accordance with professional archival practices recommended by the state archivist."(Vermont Statutes, 3 V.S.A. § 4, 2003)

State Archivist: Sealing Records To Prevent Embarrassment Not Recognized By Law.  "'The open records law . . . declares "it is in the public interest to enable any person to review and criticize [the officers of government] decisions even though such examination may cause inconvenience or embarrassment." So the scenario we were discussing - use of the gubernatorial records to embarrass a national campaign - is one not recognized by Vermont law,' [state archivist Gregory] Sanford wrote in an Aug. 21, 2002 letter to Dean's legal counsel."(Sarah Schweitzer, "Official Files; Dean Feared A 'Horton' Scenario," The Boston Globe, 10/9/03)

I doubt it...he's a politician.  He might be the most respectable, honest, and straightforward politician you could put in a leadership position...but he's still a politician.

229845[/snapback]

Exactly. A politician is a politician no matter what the party name.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
Oh! you mean this most "honest, and straightforward guy"

229874[/snapback]

1. The Boston Herald is a RAG of a paper that I wouldn't even use for a LITTER BOX. :I starred in Brokeback Mountain: Boston Herald... go join your buddies at the Washington Times.

2. If Howard says the records are a matter of privacy to him personally, then I have no reason to doubt his word. He's not the type of guy to shoot up, or get pulled over for DUI's, or mismanage business funds, or lie constantly about details that get people killed, etc... he's done nothing to make anyone in my state doubt his word. To me, that is enough.

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
I doubt it...he's a politician.  He might be the most respectable, honest, and straightforward politician you could put in a leadership position...but he's still a politician.

229845[/snapback]

I never said he wasn't a politician... but he is one of the FEW politicians you can have representing you who is a true good man with true convictions that can bring people together... the only people that ever said bad things about him in our state are diehard Republicans and extreme right-wing people. He does what the people want him to do, and makes the best possible balance.

Do you WONDER why people like Pelosi and Reid and Boxer DON'T want him to be DNC chairman???? He'll moderate the party, and that scares the shiite out of Republicans too.... like it did Kerry. Kerry KNEW how much support Dean had, but of course the excitement in the heat of things cost him the nomination. Only in America can people be so shallow, and go for the stiff in the end! :w00t:

1. The Boston Herald is a RAG of a paper that I wouldn't even use for a LITTER BOX.  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  Boston Herald... go join your buddies at the Washington Times.

2. If Howard says the records are a matter of privacy to him personally, then I have no reason to doubt his word. He's not the type of guy to shoot up, or get pulled over for DUI's, or mismanage business funds, or lie constantly about details that get people killed, etc... he's done nothing to make anyone in my state doubt his word. To me, that is enough.

232676[/snapback]

is the Boston Herald a "rag" because it presents a conservative slant?

Guest RabidBillsFanVT
is the Boston Herald a "rag" because it presents a conservative slant?

232697[/snapback]

Slant? Slant isn't a word I would use; more like severely biased. That's why the New York Times is a RAG too... can't trust biased reporters. :w00t:

Just to clarify.. I am fair :lol: Imbalanced, but fair! :lol:

Do you WONDER why people like Pelosi and Reid and Boxer DON'T want him to be DNC chairman????

232682[/snapback]

i've read where pelosi is drawing heat back home for being too far to the right :w00t:

shows how far left san fran is

and i don't think they're afraid of a dean chairmanship because he'll moderate the party. they're afraid of a dean chairmanship because he's abit ecentric and not afraid to speak his mind. they want a boring bland stiff who can go on the sunday shows and give talking points, not someone who'll get into an argument or say something out of order with the party line

He Lives in VERMONT! You have to smoke up immediatly after you cross the border. its a law. And as far as mismanaging funds, he could put every tax dollar paid in vermont last year into his own pocket and still couldnt afford a new suit.

1. The Boston Herald is a RAG of a paper that I wouldn't even use for a LITTER BOX.  :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:  Boston Herald... go join your buddies at the Washington Times.

232676[/snapback]

i have always wondered who are the people actually reading the Boston Herald or the Wash Times... With the Globe and Post probably two of the 5 best newspapers in the US it's amazing those two ones can even survive

As borne out by the last election, it appears that people are attracted more to people that take a firm stand on issues, even if they don't necessarily agree with those positions. Howard Dean will take firm stands on positions, and offer alternatives to the Republican agenda. The Democratic party can't just say the other guys are wrong, they have to offer alternatives, and then it's up to the voters to decide which option they prefer.

As borne out by the last election, it appears that people are attracted more to people that take a firm stand on issues, even if they don't necessarily agree with those positions.  Howard Dean will take firm stands on positions, and offer alternatives to the Republican agenda.  The Democratic party can't just say the other guys are wrong, they have to offer alternatives, and then it's up to the voters to decide which option they prefer.

233229[/snapback]

That was one of the main problems with the Kerry campaign. They really did not offer any good solutions. His campaign was basically "I'm not Bush. Did you know I was in Vietnam?" His "I have a plan" stuff rang hollow.

People have varying opinions on the success of my campaign. Some look at it like "he didn't win and he didn't get close to winning so therefore he was a failure." Others look at it like "people around the country (who didn't know him prior to the campaign) pledged their support and voted for him which makes his campaign a success." Regardless of people's opinions on the success of my campaign, every one of them agreed that I was open and honest about my positions. People knew where I stood on the issues. They may not have agreed with my positions, but at least they knew what they were. You could not say the same for Kerry. His positions were fluid, in an attempt to appeal to as many people as possible.

232676[/snapback]

Look, this is easy; I can use your own political party leaders to discount your assertion that Dean is a “ straight forward guy”

"Howard Dean likes to present himself as a straight talker. But he took an extra long walk from straight talk when he sealed his records as governor and recalled his letters from state agencies just to avoid potential political embarrassment," Lieberman said in a statement released earlier this month.

Shoot this Messenger, please!