[OT] Is The Franchise Finished ?

The Warden

Star Trek has gotten progressively worse since TNG.  DS9 wasn't worth watching until the war with the Dominion.  Voyager and Enterprise just sucked.  I think its time for a 10 year break.

229132[/snapback]

But - in 10 years - we'll have warp drive - right ?

GM is working on it. :D

I agree, I liked DS9 once the Dominion War started, but I never did see the series finale. I didn't watch Voyager except for a handful of times, but I heard the series finale of that was pretty good, and I missed that one too.

Anyone know where or how I can catch the finale of either of these?

Star Trek has gotten progressively worse since TNG.  DS9 wasn't worth watching until the war with the Dominion.  Voyager and Enterprise just sucked.  I think its time for a 10 year break.

229132[/snapback]

ST:DS9 and the Dominion war, to me, was the second pinnacle of the franchise after ST:TOS. Just fantastic stuff.

This really sucks though. Too many people had probably given up on ST:E since the erratic first couple of seasons, myself included. But I got pulled back in when Manny Coto (the superb Odyssey 5 on Showtime) took over and have been hooked since. They're back to the long-term arcs and character/plot development that really made the Dominion war outstanding, although this time it deals with the foundations of the Federation with the shadowy Romulans as chief protagonists. We're never going to get a chance to see where Coto could have taken the series, and can only lament he had been there from the beginning.

Still, when you start the nadir of the all-too-obvious Jolene Blaloxplaitation, I guess you've made it hard to recover (although I've always had more of a thing for Linda Park anyway). Still, how can you not like Jeffrey "Weyoun" Combs as the Andorian captain, or Paul "Big Show" Wight as an Orion slave processor? Did you see him sell T'Pol's Vulcan Groin Kick a few weeks back? :D

To answer the question posed in the title, let me just say that if "Star Wars" can survive "The Phantom Menace", then somewhere, somehow, Star Trek will be back. Besides, according to "Futurama", it becomes Earth's leading religion by the year 2300, right?

ST:DS9 and the Dominion war, to me, was the second pinnacle of the franchise after ST:TOS. Just fantastic stuff.

This really sucks though. Too many people had probably given up on ST:E since the erratic first couple of seasons, myself included. But I got pulled back in when Manny Coto (the superb Odyssey 5 on Showtime) took over and have been hooked since. They're back to the long-term arcs and character/plot development that really made the Dominion war outstanding, although this time it deals with the foundations of the Federation with the shadowy Romulans as chief protagonists. We're never going to get a chance to see where Coto could have taken the series, and can only lament he had been there from the beginning.

I don't think any series will be ended better than the way they did

TNG with "Q" - absolutely outstanding !

I don't think any series will be ended better than the way they did TNG with "Q" - absolutely outstanding !

229172[/snapback]

In that case, and with Voyager and DS9, they knew the series was wrapping. I hope they don't leave us with loose end because of the mid-season decision here. That would piss me off. Although Family Guy is coming back after what, 2 years?

ST:E trivia: Christopher Darga played a Klingon Captain in season one... you may know him better as the voice of "Kenny Blankenship" on "Most Extreme Elimination Challenge".

Still, how can you not like Jeffrey "Weyoun" Combs as the Andorian captain

229164[/snapback]

Reminded me of my kids favorite DS9 joke...

Q: Where does the dominion overseer go to the bathroom ?

A: The Vorta-john

Hey I said it was a kids joke

Tune into the new Battlestar Galactica instead.  A lot of interesting changes from the original.

229241[/snapback]

I've been hearing about it, but haven't seen it uet. Sci-Fi network I take it? How about a heads-up if they're ever running a full day of it, like they used to do with 24...

I've been hearing about it, but haven't seen it uet. Sci-Fi network I take it? How about a heads-up if they're ever running a full day of it, like they used to do with 24...

229360[/snapback]

Ask and ye shall receive....

From Their website,

Watch the first five episodes of SCI FI's newest smash-hit series back to back.

— Tuesday, Feb. 8, starting at 7/6C