Another serious Q...can we get a quality HC with the QB situation?

Bottom line, we don't have a Starting Caliber QB on this roster let alone the Franchise QB we need. There is no magic Coach, coordinator, offense that is going to help EJ get it. We were rightfully ripped by experts by taking him in the first round and by pinning our fanchise hopes on him. Its not EJ's fault, good kid, wants to be good, but many of us wanted to be lots of things in our younger years, but it just wasn't going to happen.

Just objectively discussing this, do you think its possible to land a higher profile HC one that can really get us where we want to go with the QB situation as it is? I say.... yes believe it or not. This comes with a condition though, I think the New HC (and everyone on the interview list surely knows our QB history by now...) wants direct say over who the QB is and how the QB he wants gets here. I think with how the Org. has been run and its epic failure since 1996 to get a Franchise QB in here, its a fair condition.

You can almost bet real money Shanny is going to have that very discussion with the interview crew and its the ONLY way we can land him.

Not sure but there are not many quality QBs in the whole league....This is a decent team. Should be able to get a good coach.

I understand the "whole league thing" but its past time we had one. That can't be the excuse anymore. This franchise has to have a great QB or its more decades of the same.

I understand the "whole league thing" but its past time we had one. That can't be the excuse anymore. This franchise has to have a great QB or its more decades of the same.

Your response has nothing to do with your own topic question. Thread hijacked on post 3!

LOL So is it our turn is that it?? Great idea, probably best you take this post down as don't want to let the other 20 teams in the league whom also don't have good QB's in on a great idea like this.

Want to fix this problem, the NFL needs to figure out a way to slow the game down for the other 21 players on the field for the QB to catch up. Players have just got too fast, too big, too much training videoing, scouting to the point it's impossible for the QB to keep up. Maybe need to reduce scouting or 5 Mississippi's is the answer. I do honestly think the long term solution is Stepford QB's

But to your original question, if you sign a coach to a 4 or 5 year contract, that's plenty of time to turn things around, so yes, doubt it would have much influence as it's supply and demand and the supply far exceeds the demand.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

ripped by experts by taking him in the first round and by pinning our fanchise hopes on him. Its not EJ's fault, good kid, wants to be good, .

Sweet, the first time I've seen the Donte Whitner excuse used for EJ. Not my fault you took me in the first round

Edited by MarkyMannn