(OT) Russians Storm School;

ch19079

hmm... not once in this story due they mention he "separatists" were Muslim. That is whole reason they want to separate form Russia in the first place.

I wonder why the write left out such an important item.

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM?

and i dont think this was a religious thing

Agree - lets not use this as another excuse to blacklist all Muslims. I work with some Muslim men and woman and they are beautiful, loving people. We need to understand the difference between them and the extremists.

BESLAN. Sept 3 (Interfax) - Ten of the 20 hostage-takers who set off a major crisis in North Ossetia on Wednesday and were killed by Russian troops on Friday came from Arab countries, a Federal Security Service (FSB) official said.

i forgot about the 2 planes that went down a week ago in russia.

and i dont think this was a religious thing, since they were "separatist rebels".

17330[/snapback]

WRONG! They want to seperate to create a Muslim state, like the lovely Taliaban.

Nice try though.

they didnt mention that in the article..... :P

17364[/snapback]

Osama Bin Laden has close ties with Chechen terrorists and exerts influence within this territory.

The BBC Money programme, which will be broadcast on November 21st, tells the story of four telecommunications engineers who were decapitated by Chechen terrorists on the orders of Osama Bin Laden.

The four engineers, three Britons and a New Zealander, were murdered in December, 1998 after having been kidnapped by Chechen terrorists, who had agreed a ransom with the company they were working for, British-based Granger Telecom. However, Osama Bin Laden informed the leader of the Chechens, Arbi Baraev, that he would pay more than the ransom if the engineers were murdered.

Baraev accepted and the engineers heads were cut off and left at the roadside. Baraev was killed in a skirmish with Russian troops in June. The one responsible for the murders is named as Khamzat, who remains at large, according to the programme.

Timothy BANCROFT-HINCHEY

PRAVDA.Ru

they didnt mention that in the article..... :P

17364[/snapback]

CLOAKING THE CHECHEN WAR AS JIHAD: THE RISK OF MILITANT CONTAGION

Dr. Svante E. Cornell

The current war in Chechnya, only the most recent stage in a decade-long conflict over Chechnya’s status, displays notable differences in comparison with the other 1994-96 armed stage of the conflict. The first war was primarily ethnic and national in character whereas the current war has a substantially more pronounced religious character. As the Chechens legitimize their war effort in increasingly Islamic terms, they find it easier to earn foreign financial support. More importantly, increasing numbers of Muslims are finding their way to Chechnya with the goal of fighting the jihad against Russia. Besides denying the Russians a decisive victory in the war, these outside Muslim fighters have substantially increased the risk for a contagion and diffusion of the conflict.

These are Islamofascists, just like Al Quieda, the "rebels" in Iraq and the PLO.

17381[/snapback]

They should kill all the terrorists and then go after the families too. I'm not advocating killing the women and children, but they should disrupt their lives. If terrorists like this know what is at stake beyond their own miserable lives, maybe they wouldn't be so quick to rush into martyrdom.

If I were a Russian soldier and I captured one of these guys, I'd cut off his manhood and send it to his friends. I'd call for the medics to make sure he lived so he had to go through a life of misery.

Chechan Conflict Info

My one PPP comment. Remember things like this when you vote. This could someday be New York.

17378[/snapback]

Brilliant! Like that is going to make a difference? Fear-mongering, patronizing tones rule!

You know what? probably sooner than later they way we are headed?

Betcha you'd see a lot of those "Ain't Skeered" stickers on the back of vehicles?

...Now I gotta go on living and stop being afraid of my shadow.

<_<

They should kill all the terrorists and then go after the families too. I'm not advocating killing the women and children, but they should disrupt their lives. If terrorists like this know what is at stake beyond their own miserable lives, maybe they wouldn't be so quick to rush into martyrdom.

If I were a Russian soldier and I captured one of these guys, I'd cut off his manhood and send it to his friends. I'd call for the medics to make sure he lived so he had to go through a life of misery.

17441[/snapback]

You actually think that will work?

They are fanatics... They want to hurt you where they know it will hurt... In their eyes you would be giving them their satisfaction.

We live in a different world. The only thing that can work against them is our STABILITY.

You stay stable, they lose... No other way around it.

Brilliant!  Like that is going to make a difference?  Fear-mongering, patronizing tones rule!

You know what? probably sooner than later they way we are headed?

Betcha you'd see a lot of those "Ain't Skeered" stickers on the back of vehicles?

...Now I gotta go on living and stop being afraid of my shadow.

<_<

17456[/snapback]

The only reason that post is there is because it got moved from the other board. I didn't say anything about living in fear. I'm not living in fear, are you? One candidate supports a philosophy of going after the terror guys where they live and breed. One advocates a philosophy of increasing a Homeland Capability to better be able to respond to attack. All his mumbo jumbo about alliances and such is just that.

Simply depends on which approach you prefer. I happen to prefer the former. Especially since I help engineer it. Now, go smack yourself in the head some more if it makes you feel better.