Head Coach Candidate: Dan Quinn

1billsfan

This is the guy the Bills should hire as head coach. He would give the Bills a real identity. They would be seen as a young, talented and tough defensive team that have the Patriots in their sites and are quickly gaining on them. As with Sean Payton, I think he's the guy that Bills fans will be looking back at and saying why didn't the Bills hire that guy! Hopefully the Bills will eventually get it right this time.

I’m sure that Quinn would have an excellent choice for his OC.

http://www.newsday.com/sports/columnists/bob-glauber/dan-quinn-not-doug-marrone-should-be-the-jets-choice-1.9766595

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Dan-Quinn-Week-17-Press-Conference/565fe4a4-9388-4da5-b52f-303f549e2e78

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Dan-Quinn-Week-16-Press-Conference/13f707d9-f19e-4c7a-9446-426c87601c9b

care to elaborate?

I think that Quinn would bring in either Tom Cable Seattle's OL coach or he would have a guy who would even be a better candidate. He just seems like someone who's ready and would have his OC already lined up when he finally gets his chance. I would trust him to make a great pick.

We already have a very good defensive mind under contract in Schwartz. As a result, I think we need an offensive minded HC or at least a HC who can bring a very good, experienced OC with him.

Bringing in guys that have never been an NFL HC along with an OC who has never been an NFL OC is very, very risky.......and probably not a good idea.

We just tried that with Hackett. The results speak for themselves.

We already have a very good defensive mind under contract in Schwartz. As a result, I think we need an offensive minded HC or at least a HC who can bring a very good, experienced OC with him.

Bringing in guys that have never been an NFL HC along with an OC who has never been an NFL OC is very, very risky.......and probably not a good idea.

We just tried that with Hackett. The results speak for themselves.

Darrell Bevell is your guy then. Read up on him. Worked under McCarthy, Martz and now Carroll. Widely respected for his expertise on offense...great at developing QB's. Bevell is who I want.

Darrell Bevell is your guy then. Read up on him. Worked under McCarthy, Martz and now Carroll. Widely respected for his expertise on offense...great at developing QB's. Bevell is who I want.

This. Could not say it better. Bring Cable with him if he's not elevated to OC in Seattle. Keep Schwartz. All is well in Bills-land.

I'm not sold on Quin. He's like the defensive version of Gase. Gets great results yeah, but look what they got to work with. Gus Bradley was the DC there before he took the Jax job I think. Quinn took that over.

I like the idea of Bevell much better. Just please don't bring Tom Cable with you.

Edited by reddogblitz

@AroundTheNFL: Bills to interview Seahawks DC Dan Quinn in Seattle on Saturday night http://t.co/Q1Ma6YYLxN

I'm so so glad they are interviewing him. Other than Schwartz which is clearly the fallback option for the team, Quinn is the only other defensive guy unless they do in fact end up interviewing Rex Ryan.

Reich, McDaniels, Gase, Bevell, Jackson are all offensive guys.

I favor the Bills hiring Quinn because I think he's the one guy on that list that will give the Bills a strong identity along the lines of the Steelers and Ravens franchises. I see him being a 10 year HC for Buffalo. Other than Hue Jackson, I do not see the offensive guys on that list projecting or instilling that strong, toughness identity onto this team. Once you have an identity, then it's easier for the whole team to know their roles. What this team is, what they want to do, where are they going. Our offense was a mess because they didn't know what or who they were after two whole years of Marrone. If Quinn comes on as head coach, he seems like a very smart guy who will hire an OC who will have a clear vision for the offensive players we have. You need to have trust in the guy you pick to make a great decision on his OC, so sorry if that's my answer for the fans who want to hire an offensive coordinator as HC.

I worry that Frank Reich is too nice of a person to be a HC. I hate saying that, but I just think NFL football players need a head coach who has a little meanness in them. I worry that players will take advantage of Reich. If they don't hire Reich a week after the interview goes down, I think the Bills are waiting for either Quinn or Bevell.

Edited by 1billsfan

Just say no to Quinn. I could have coached the Seattle defense and they'd have been good. He would remove Schwartz, and who knows? The defense could take a step backwards. Not to mention we'd be at the mercy of who he'd be able to convince to come in and run the offense. I doubt a high-caliber coach would take the Buffalo OC job under a first-time rookie HC.

Just say no to Quinn. I could have coached the Seattle defense and they'd have been good. He would remove Schwartz, and who knows? The defense could take a step backwards. Not to mention we'd be at the mercy of who he'd be able to convince to come in and run the offense. I doubt a high-caliber coach would take the Buffalo OC job under a first-time rookie HC.

I'm sure Quinn would keep Schwartz in place, if he wanted to change out Schwartz that then I wouldn't want Quinn.

So going off that, I think being a head coach has a lot to do with personality, authenticity and likability. There's no fakeness to this guy, he comes across as real and as someone players would love to play and win for. I also think that Quinn would provide the Bills organization an identity of being a young, tough team that is going to be good for a long time.

As for offense, you have to trust the best head coaching candidate (which Quinn is IMO) to bring in the right guy on offense. He's being interviewed by almost every team with a HC opening, so he isn't a dumb man. As a franchise, you don't base your head coaching decision on which side of the ball they come from (the most successful franchises don't do this), you pick the best head coaching candidate because he will be the face and the identity of your team.