Rose Bowl

YoloinOhio

Again he played well---except for when he got sloppy. That happens to often with him. I hate when posters play amateur psychologist, so I will kind of refrain. But given his bizarre off the field issues, and some of his strange horrible plays, I have to wonder if he has some sort of disorder, where he loses focus (for lack of a better word given the amount I've had to drink today) for short periods of time. Yes, I realized how silly that was as I was typing it. But still.....

There is something in the kids eyes, whenever Ive seen him speak, that just aint.... right. Could be a disorder of some kind, could just be immaturity. I think it's interesting how they say he's such a genius when it comes to memorizing playbooks and reading defenses from a very early age. We know "special" people like that often have social issues. Whether it's brilliance or something like mild aspergers, who knows?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His problem is that he has had only 2 seasons of college ball. He needs to develop his mental game a bit more. He should have stayed another year. Craptastic game for my Seminoles. That backyard game of the Ducks works in college, I guess...

Congrats to OSU and Oregon.

And poo on the SEC! WooHoo!

Great games today and I expect another next week.

soooooo excited!!! If I hasn't been in cardiac arrest the whole time that would have been a great game! Nothing like beating Saban and Kiffin!

His problem is that he has had only 2 seasons of college ball. He needs to develop his mental game a bit more. He should have stayed another year. Craptastic game for my Seminoles. That backyard game of the Ducks works in college, I guess...

Is it certain that Winston is leaving? I understand he has the potential to be a first round pick in MLB if he plays baseball this spring.

Yeah, at one point during the game Oregon had just run a play and got a first down, they were already lined up with Mariota barking out with the play with his guys in motion, the FSU players were still trying to get onside, the refs were still trying to set the ball, the chain gang was running to get the yard markers straight, the other refs were trying to get into position, then they snapped the ball, and I was like WTF am I watching here, a football game or a track meet? It was out of control chaos, it was terrible to watch. Not a fan of either team but what really is the purpose of speed football? Is it an admittance of not being as talented as the other team so we will beat you with a scheme to tire you out and create as much chaos as possible? To me that's gimmicky football kinda like the run and shoot or wildcat, works for a bit but will ultimately fail. Thing is I think Oregon is talented enough to not have to do that speed football. IDK but it was terrible to watch.

Yeah, at one point during the game Oregon had just run a play and got a first down, they were already lined up with Mariota barking out with the play with his guys in motion, the FSU players were still trying to get onside, the refs were still trying to set the ball, the chain gang was running to get the yard markers straight, the other refs were trying to get into position, then they snapped the ball, and I was like WTF am I watching here, a football game or a track meet? It was out of control chaos, it was terrible to watch. Not a fan of either team but what really is the purpose of speed football? Is it an admittance of not being as talented as the other team so we will beat you with a scheme to tire you out and create as much chaos as possible? To me that's gimmicky football kinda like the run and shoot or wildcat, works for a bit but will ultimately fail. Thing is I think Oregon is talented enough to not have to do that speed football. IDK but it was terrible to watch.

This coming from a Bills fan, home of the K-gun, the hurry-up, the no-huddle... is pretty funny.

Mariota is 6th round talent. Great kid. Good story. Great college QB. He is not Jason White material but he will be awful in the NFL.

You couldn't be further off, MM will be a top five pick and will do very well in the NFL

You couldn't be further off, MM will be a top five pick and will do very well in the NFL

I'm not so sure. Definitely a first rounder but I have concern over durability and consistency to hang in a pocket with this kid. Either way, all the best to him.

I'm not so sure. Definitely a first rounder but I have concern over durability and consistency to hang in a pocket with this kid. Either way, all the best to him.

With QB needy teams bucs and titans drafting 1 and 2 odds are one if not both go in top 2. With other teams that could draft QB like jets, rams, bears, and redskins rounding out top10 can't possibly imagine how either one is on the board by time draft gets to 11 Edited by JTSP