The More Things Change, the More They Stay the Same

KRT88

No matrter how you slice it, the national perspective is that the last 24 hours are basically the same old bumbling bills.

Sure, it seems like most fans are happy that ultra conservative Doug Marrone is gone but seriously does this move really make us better? If so how?

Now Bill Polian says nope, I don't want to sign up for that.

Here's a crazy idea, maybe, just maybe we should trust our young GM. Perhaps the trade up for Sammy Watkins was the wrong move but it was the first time in forever the Bills did something aggressive. It appears the GM had too much faith in EJ Manuel but I don't think those two moves alone means we should blow everything up. Why was he given the reigns in the first place if he was good enough? It's time to put our faith in guy who wants to be here.

The first order of business is to evaluate the options. I have no problem with Jim Schwartz but he has to have a good OC coming in, someone who knows how to work with QB's. However, make a few phone calls. Gus Malzahn would be one call to make. Personally, I wouldn't leave Auburn but you never know until to make the call.

The Buffalo Bills, having completed a 9-7 2014 season, were on the upswing. There was momentum going forward. There was momentum for success.

Now that momentum is gone.

2015 Season Prediction: Chaos

I said this before anyone knew about DM's opt-out clause (nobody wanted to hear it then) but 2015 was always shaping up to be a rough year. Given the QB problem and the fact that Defense/Special Teams would almost certainly have to regress (plexiglass principle) and the lack of 1st rounder...plus week 17 opponent won't lay down & we won't play a team that will miss 3 FG's and we'll probably have more injuries compared to this yr where we got off relatively easy.

It's just going to be doubly frustrating when simpleton schmucks (both in the media and the web) attribute the decline to the Head Coach.

DM is a great politician. He picks the right spots to leave. Especially if the reports of him picking EJ is true. This love affair the national media has for him will continue for at least another year or two. But you can only fool people for so long. It may be 2016 or later but time will eventually uncover the truth. He will be a failure. As for the Bills I don't know but if they fail it won't be because they didn't get on their knees for this self aggrandizing fraud.

How is this thread anything new by way of insight? A "fan" taking a slam at the team, calling them "bumbling" and then backtracking with his own answers on how to succeed. You haven't said one original thing. Should have just included your comments in one of the other ten "Bash the Bills and Pegula" threads.

How is this thread anything new by way of insight? A "fan" taking a slam at the team, calling them "bumbling" and then backtracking with his own answers on how to succeed. You haven't said one original thing. Should have just included your comments in one of the other ten "Bash the Bills and Pegula" threads.

In other words: It's the Buffalo Bills off season, on TBD!

No, now Marrone and Orton are gone. This is positive momentum as we now have the opportunity to upgrade both.

First Buffalo Bills winning season in I forget how many years. The starting QB leaves. Then the HC leaves.

Terry Pegula is an idiot for allowing both Orton and Morrone to leave.

This is NOT positive momentum!

In other words: It's the Buffalo Bills off season, on TBD!

Pretty much. :doh:

First Buffalo Bills winning season in I forget how many years. The starting QB leaves. Then the HC leaves.

Your comments are always so unbiased and informative. No illogical conclusions ever.

Do you actually care what's the national media's "perception" of the Bills? For my money, the Bills have just made a major upgrade by getting rid of Marrone, and dodged a bullet by having Polian refuse a job (if in fact he was ever offered said job).

Business Management 101: When you have your first successful year in a LONG time you do your best to retain the managers and key personnel to keep that momentum going into the following year.

Duh!

Analytics 101: When your offense blew chowder all season and you miss the playoffs because of it, let the dufus in charge walk and improve the offense to make the playoffs next year. Duh Duh!!

Business Management 101: When you have your first successful year in a LONG time you do your best to retain the managers and key personnel to keep that momentum going into the following year.

Duh!

If you think going 9 - 7 is successful then yes you retain the managers and key personnel. If you want to move past 9 - 7 then you have to evaluate those folks to see if they are the ones who can move your organization forward. There is no way Orton was the QB of the future and Marrone wasn't going to move this team forward. If he thought he was the guy then he would have stayed. If he had stayed I don't believe he would have made the coaching changes needed to improve the Bills offensively. This is all good if the Bills bring in the right head coach and they in turn bring in the right coaches.

considering they won in spite of those people and lost because of them, I'd say it sure is.

Analytics 101: When your offense blew chowder all season and you miss the playoffs because of it, let the dufus in charge walk and improve the offense to make the playoffs next year. Duh Duh!!

Improve the offense with who? The Bills need a new HC, OC and QB. That's WAY too much loss from one year to the next!

No matrter how you slice it, the national perspective is that the last 24 hours are basically the same old bumbling bills.

Sure, it seems like most fans are happy that ultra conservative Doug Marrone is gone but seriously does this move really make us better? If so how?

Now Bill Polian says nope, I don't want to sign up for that.

Here's a crazy idea, maybe, just maybe we should trust our young GM. Perhaps the trade up for Sammy Watkins was the wrong move but it was the first time in forever the Bills did something aggressive. It appears the GM had too much faith in EJ Manuel but I don't think those two moves alone means we should blow everything up. Why was he given the reigns in the first place if he was good enough? It's time to put our faith in guy who wants to be here.

The first order of business is to evaluate the options. I have no problem with Jim Schwartz but he has to have a good OC coming in, someone who knows how to work with QB's. However, make a few phone calls. Gus Malzahn would be one call to make. Personally, I wouldn't leave Auburn but you never know until to make the call.

Bills fans get what they want and still B word. Yup, same as it ever was.

it is a crazy idea. You complain about us looking like the NFL clowns that we are and than want to keep the one person that's the most directly responsible for us being that way on the football side?

Manuel and the trade for Watkins have been unmitigated disasters. You might come back and talk about Hughes or some other lower level trades or FAs, but honestly, Hughes for Shepherd was a no-brainer. If Whaley were really that smart he'd have signed Hughes to a much more affordable contract after last season. Or for all the geniuses here and elsewhere, if he really knew that Hughes would even be more than a marginal starter or backup, to an even more managable long-term contract when they signed him. The bottom line is that Whaley didn't know, either that or he was a fool for not giving him a long-term contract when they signed him or after last season at the least. Now, as a direct result of Whaley's inaction, it sounds as if Hughes is either going to be grossly overpaid or leave.

Yeah, great, what wonderful GM-manship. Can't wait for more of that. What's next, trading our entire draft this year to move into the late 1st-round in yet another "bold" move.

Please. Whaley's a fool.

Improve the offense with who? The Bills need a new HC, OC and QB. That's WAY too much loss from one year to the next!

There's this team in Arizona who had a new HC last year, a new QB and a new OC. Then they lost their QB and started a second string QB. He got injured and they used their third stringer. The coach seemed to do well..better than their last coach and last QB. Maybe you are wrong....the sun will, in fact, rise again tomorrow.

On the surface, it's just more of the same for the league's most embarrassing franchise.

All I can do is hope that our D stays dominant, and that we being in some talented offensive minds, and repair the OL, which allows EJ to blossom.