Michael Sam: a lot of other gay NFL players

truth on hold

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only difference is Michael Sam sucks at NFL football......

That's a very un-PC way of describing a gay NFL player. :o

I have had a difficult time over the years defending the masculinity of American Football to random manly men who follow Aussie Rules Football.

Apart from the whole dressing up in colourful protective gear and having the QB start each non-shotgun play with his hands groping another man's bum.....the player positions lead to no end of humourous innuendos by those not used to the sport. Tackle....Defensive Tackle.....Slot Receiver....Wide receiver.....and of course the always hillarious Tight End.

As the Aussie rules morons would say.....Gridiron is full of poofs.

Edited by Dibs

Im waiting for the first ray rice type incident involving men...then the fan will hit the s@@T or the player will hit the whatever

Or, this?

http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/21/cincinnati-bengals-running-back-cedric-benson-roommate-fight-beating-attack-clavens-charles-police-report-arrest-bloody-face-photo/

Wow no felony and the victim has a steel plate in his head...Too much hgh and steroids makes a man paranoid...of course if the dude really stole his underwear then i can understand it on some level

And they were such a cute couple....

Edited by rfk

At this point, I think only Michael Sam cares.

Yet this thread is three pages and counting... Full of the usual suspects who love to jump all over this topic to tell everyone that they don't care. If there was a thread about Jonathan Meeks' rehab, I wouldn't open it or comment because I REALLY wouldn't care. Edited by metzelaars_lives

I think, on some level, we all presume they are in the NFL and in all sports.

And I think we really wonder who the good / famous ones are. So we can really gauge whether it matters. For example, if Aaron Rodgers comes out, we can say "it really really doesnt matter." But if, 5-10 years from now, the best ones are Michael Sam, Kherry Rhodes, and Cedric Benson, (and Jason Collins in the NBA), then the jury's still out.

I suspect that most of us, sworn-PC-police-brothers or not, want to really believe / know that it doesnt matter. That's why we monitor it, methinks.

Edited by maddenboy

Yet this thread is three pages and counting... Full of the usual suspects who love to jump all over this topic to tell everyone that they don't care. If there was a thread about Jonathan Meeks' rehab, I wouldn't open it or comment because I REALLY wouldn't care.

3 pages of funnies.

What bugs me about gay stuff is that they are way too oversensitive. The only ones that care about gays are themselves.

I could tell you guys that I turned a girl who said she thought she was bi, but then being with me, she changed her mind, back to hetero. But one you guys won't believe me and two like everyone says, "Who cares, right?"

Anyway that's my 2 cents. I like chiming in on this subject for the laughs.

Only thing missing now is that picture of that peter pan guy. He really makes my day.

Why so serious, you out there? that pic is funny as hell!

I think, on some level, we all presume they are in the NFL and in all sports.

And I think we really wonder who the good / famous ones are. So we can really gauge whether it matters. For example, if Aaron Rodgers comes out, we can say "it really really doesnt matter." But if, 5-10 years from now, the best ones are Michael Sam, Kherry Rhodes, and Cedric Benson, (and Jason Collins in the NBA), then the jury's still out.

I suspect that most of us, sworn-PC-police-brothers or not, want to really believe / know that it doesnt matter. That's why we monitor it, methinks.

are you saying you wonder if a gay man can be a star player or not? because thats ridiculous.

Edited by NoSaint

Rather, I'm saying that I, and probably many others, wonder how good a gay man can be in a violent, physical sport.

Also, i'm saying that people on each side of the argument are looking forward to some actual evidence. And we wont have that until a gay STAR comes out. If it doesnt happen soon, those in the "gay men cant compete in super-tough sports" camp will be in the lead, by default.

And I dont need to hear about gay guys who can beat up straight guys in a fist fight. Because that's not what football is about. (for review, I linked to this, above: http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/21/cincinnati-bengals-running-back-cedric-benson-roommate-fight-beating-attack-clavens-charles-police-report-arrest-bloody-face-photo/ ). Its not boxing.

Bottom line: Until a big star comes out (during or soon after his career), then it will be open to reasonable debate.

(cue the PC police)

Edited by maddenboy

Rather, I'm saying that I, and probably many others, wonder how good a gay man can be in a violent, physical sport.

Also, i'm saying that people on each side of the argument are looking forward to some actual evidence. And we wont have that until a gay STAR comes out. If it doesnt happen soon, those in the "gay men cant compete in super-tough sports" camp will be in the lead, by default.

And I dont need to hear about gay guys who can beat up straight guys in a fist fight. Because that's not what football is about. (for review, I linked to this, above: http://www.tmz.com/2...ody-face-photo/ ). Its not boxing.

Bottom line: Until a big star comes out (during or soon after his career), then it will be open to reasonable debate.

(cue the PC police)

Wow, not big on logic are you?

One could perhaps suggest that a smaller percent of gay men would be interested in physical team sports as opposed to the percentages of straight men.....in a similar fassion to suggesting that a higher percentage of gay men might be more interested in the arts or theatre than the percentages of straight men.........but suggesting that a gay man cannot excel at football is as ridiculous as suggesting that a straight man cannot excel at acting.

Edited by Dibs

(right on cue)

. . . and if I ever feel the mood to actually suggest that "a gay man cannot excel at football," then i'll remember your post and give it due consideration.

I tried to say that people wonder how good a gay man can be in a violent, physical sport. Maybe I misspoke when, instead, I said people "wonder how good a gay man can be in a violent, physical sport." My bad. Then I compounded my mistake by babbling something about lacking evidence or something.

(cue the rest of the PC police).

Edited by maddenboy

And I dont need to hear about gay guys who can beat up straight guys in a fist fight. Because that's not what football is about. (for review, I linked to this, above: http://www.tmz.com/2011/07/21/cincinnati-bengals-running-back-cedric-benson-roommate-fight-beating-attack-clavens-charles-police-report-arrest-bloody-face-photo/ ). Its not boxing.

(cue the PC police)

I don't think that reasonable debate means what you think it does.

(right on cue)

. . . and if I ever feel the mood to actually suggest that "a gay man cannot excel at football," then i'll remember your post and give it due consideration.

I tried to say that people wonder how good a gay man can be in a violent, physical sport. Maybe I misspoke when, instead, I said people "wonder how good a gay man can be in a violent, physical sport." My bad. Then I compounded my mistake by babbling something about lacking evidence or something.

(cue the rest of the PC police).

You would be wise to realize that not all that disagree with you do so due to being "PC police". It not only is insulting to those conversing with you, but also portrays you to be biased by emotion on the subject.

As it happens I am very much against people ignoring rational thought and making argument based upon the modern day(or past days) emotionally driven social conventions(in this case, "PC police"). I think if you read my earlier post in this thread you will perhaps glimps how un-PC I am on this issue.

Those people who "wonder" are obviously ignorant of many things. Just because people might used to have wondered if the world was flat doesn't mean their wondering had any credence........particularly since there were those with the actual knowledge that the world was indeed not flat.

The facts are that there have been gay football players who have excelled at a colliage level(one drafted in the first round).....have had successful NFL careers......that there are no scientific differences between a gay, bi or straight people(chemically speaking....same testosterone & estrogen levels....helps determine agression).....women excel at aggressive physical sport(not just gay women).....and there are clear negatives for gay men(both socially and financially) to mask their homosexuality in certain industries.

To consider that gay men are incapable of excelling at the top level of a violent sport yet are not only able to excel well enough to get there but also excel at other sports(requiring all of the same drive and determination needed), is, as I first somewhat bluntly put....lacking in any real form of clear logical thinking.

Edited by Dibs