Let's be objective about QB play this year and Kyle Orton - see li

San-O

EJ will have a better carrer than Orton. EJ has way more talent. Marrone is a grudge holding idiot and the sooner we realize that the better

This season was wasted on those two idiots

Edited by mastershake

I think Matt Schaub would be an upgrade over Orton and very affordable. He made the pro bowl as recently as 2012. He took his team to the play offs twice. He would actually satisfy both the second and third choices you present. He is far more of a veteran than Orton, Anderson or Hoyer as he has 90 starts under his belt and an 89.8 career passer rating. He has serious flaws but he is the very definition of a hungry veteran and has had a whole year to rest. He could hold the fort down for a year or two while we find a better option.

Mister Pick Six? I don't think so!

He is a veteran QB, who had a couple good games before DCs around the league remembered who he was and how he was being used by Hackett:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

Guess what Bridgewater, Hoyer and Carr all had in common?

24 Teddy Bridgewater, MIN 41.5 5.6 -22.4 3.2 27.8 489 37.6 -1.4 49.0 25 Brian Hoyer, CLE 39.3 -3.7 -16.1 1.9 21.4 538 32.0 -10.9 43.1 26 Derek Carr, OAK 29.2 -0.5 -10.2 0.7 19.2 656 34.7 -17.6 40.9

:doh:

They all had more support than Orton did ?

Well the good news is that putting together a competent offensive line is a hell of a lot easier than finding a stable starting QB. The Bills could just as easily have a good offensive line next year without really changing that much- draft a guard, sign a FA, someone develops, they start to gel, etc. I'm not the least bit worried about it. People quickly forget that just a few years ago they had one of the best offensive lines in the league. At the risk of beating a dead horse, it's all about the QB.

A few years ago? How about 19. Yes, the Bills could easily have a good offensive line next year but they first must find someone who can "school up" the guys currently on the roster. Get rid of the dead fruit(pun intended), put them at their proper positions and upgrade at others. Why this offensive line coach is getting a pass is beyond me.

A few years ago? How about 19. Yes, the Bills could easily have a good offensive line next year but they first must find someone who can "school up" the guys currently on the roster. Get rid of the dead fruit(pun intended), put them at their proper positions and upgrade at others. Why this offensive line coach is getting a pass is beyond me.

Nope. With Fitzpatrick they were at the very bottom of the league in sacks allowed and at the very top of the league in YPC for two straight years. They were, by any calculation, a top 5 OL in the league. Cue the Fitzpatrick had a magically fast delivery counter-argument...

Edited by metzelaars_lives

EJ will have a better carrer than Orton. EJ has way more talent. Marrone is a grudge holding idiot and the sooner we realize that the better

This season was wasted on those two idiots

Betting on a player having a 10 year career is crazy. Especially a QB, and one with as many problems as EJ.

Betting on a player having a 10 year career is crazy. Especially a QB, and one with as many problems as EJ.

Dude, Orton is horrible. Made us a joke this year, and Marrone insisted telling us this best chance to win crap. Im so sick of the Bills being bad. I said when they made the switch wed be 8-8. And here we are.

No timing worked on for EJ. No chemistry with the recievers. No working on him acclimating to the speed ofthe game. EJ was 2-2 this year, and now national media lumping him in with Geno. Pisses me off. EJ is better than that.

That idiot Marrone screwing up CJ, a dynamic player before this current staff got ahold of him. Im so sick of this current staff. Oh, and no first rounder this year. Good times. Im so sick of the Bills being a bottom half team. Were all psyched about 8-8. Ugh! Just, Ugh!

With a little proper guidence and team building EJ is leaps and bounds better than Orton, but im convinced that since Ralph passed, this FO has an agenda. And their plan is not going well

Edited by mastershake

Nope. With Fitzpatrick they were at the very bottom of the league in sacks allowed and at the very top of the league in YPC for two straight years. They were, by any calculation, a top 5 OL in the league. Cue the Fitzpatrick had a magically fast delivery counter-argument...

Well the fast delivery and scheme helped. The "beat your man, run to the spot" scheme improved how the O-line looked. I don't know why you play that off as contrived.

As a better barometer, look at their QB hits stat. That eliminates the worry of the "Fitz delivery counter-argument," no?

2010 28th fewest QB hits allowed

2011 10th fewest QB hits allowed

2012 17th fewest QB hits allowed (Regression?!? Under Chan? NO WAY!)

2013 29th fewest (Yikes)

2014 20th fewest (Improvement!)

So they had one good year, two awful years, and two mediocre years in the last 5. And their best year in hits was Freddy's MVP-esque season. Color me unimpressed.

Explain how Fred is averaging the same YPC this year as he did in 2012, with that "top 5 unit."

but he "commands the huddle"

and is

22nd in yards

15th in completion percentage

18th in td passes

19th in QBR

29th ypa

this is in 11 games so far with no off season with this team so what players could have came in and done better off the street thats not even taking into account yet the fact that Oline is garbage and we had no running game and he took over one of the worst passing attacks in in the league .

Dude, Orton is horrible. Made us a joke this year, and Marrone insisted telling us this best chance to win crap. Im so sick of the Bills being bad. I said when they made the switch wed be 8-8. And here we are.

No timing worked on for EJ. No chemistry with the recievers. No working on him acclimating to the speed ofthe game. EJ was 2-2 this year, and now national media lumping him in with Geno. Pisses me off. EJ is better than that.

That idiot Marrone screwing up CJ, a dynamic player before this current staff got ahold of him. Im so sick of this current staff. Oh, and no first rounder this year. Good times. Im so sick of the Bills being a bottom half team. Were all psyched about 8-8. Ugh! Just, Ugh!

A joke? We were in the thick of the playoff race 5 days ago, December 21st.

You just said EJ will have a better career than Orton. That has a radically small chance of happening, no matter how much Orton sucks.

And CJ kinda sucks.

8-8 is the best step in the right direction that we've had since Wade. I actually have a reason to hope next year, without a first rounder or some sales pitch. We were a game away from breaking through. These things take time. You're so sick of the Bills being a joke? Stop demanding head coaches be canned with their best record in 10 seasons. Stop complaining about "EJ not getting reps" when he was a game away from becoming Sanchez-esque in terms of a lack of confidence.

How bad do you think Jets fans wished they switched to Vick earlier in the season to have a chance? How many of them feel sick for wasting a season on a QB who looked like crap? You don't get it both ways. You don't get to complain about losing and complain about not throwing a season away to develop a QB who looked afraid to be on the field. You just don't. Win as many games as you can. Period.

Edited by FireChan

They made EJ look like a chump. They made CJ look like a chump. They caused Sammy to get beat out by a lesser talent, man i could go on and on.

The trade was stupid, and the switch was stupid. And i dont see it being better in 2015. Not even a little bit.

Stick up for them all you want. I wanna be behind our team too, and i am. Ill root for em til i die. We werent gonna make the playoffs this year either way, Orton or EJ. We were in the hunt and crapped ourselves against a 2-12 team.

No better QB options out there, EJ needed this season. But maybe 2015 will be what 2014 was supposed to be. So wheres that put us? Be patient? Jyst a couple more seasons and maybe theyll be ready to crack into the playoffs? Im gettin old man. I wanna see more than just cracking into the playoffs

and is

22nd in yards

15th in completion percentage

18th in td passes

19th in QBR

29th ypa

this is in 11 games so far with no off season with this team so what players could have came in and done better off the street thats not even taking into account yet the fact that Oline is garbage and we had no running game and he took over one of the worst passing attacks in in the league .

OK you can spin it that way if you'd like- that QB hits is the be all end all statistic that defines OL play, while ignoring sacks allowed and YPC. Remember in 2012 when CJ Spiller averaged 6 yards a carry?

I wonder if having a QB that was a little more athletic, a little more able to sidestep into a passing lane, would have helped our malingned offensive line a tiny bit.

Probably. Also, a QB who can actually hit a receiver in motion would have helped. :)