Alaska Darin, this a relative of yours?

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok I am done stirring the bees nest.  I just like to stimulate conversation and sometimes it takes a spark.

228133[/snapback]

So you admit all the bull sh-- you just spewed was all, well, bull sh--? All that BS about "9/11 wasnt nothing" and all that sh--?

Well, !@#$ you.

When we make our military leaders an extension of politico-speak, our military, and subsequent defenses, are doomed to mediocrity.

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick it once and you suck forever.

I think they should promote the General. The real measure of his merit is how his men respond to him, and based on what I've read here, that's not something that should even be debated. People can lambast him as insensitive or un-PC, but the politico-military leaders cost more lives in the end than the battle savy hard chargers....the guys who know who they look out for and who looks out for them.

Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick it once and you suck forever.

I think they should promote the General. The real measure of his merit is how his men respond to him, and based on what I've read here, that's not something that should even be debated. People can lambast him as insensitive or un-PC, but the politico-military leaders cost more lives in the end than the battle savy hard chargers....the guys who know who they look out for and who looks out for them.

228580[/snapback]

At his level, promotions are based as much if not more so on politics than ability and performance. Quite frankly, he's stuck his foot in his mouth and been counseled for it, and that's more than enough for Congress to withhold his fourth star. And quite frankly...I'm not sure they'd be wrong. I don't have much of a problem with what he said (that combat is simultaneously terrifying and exhilirating is a fairly well-documented paradox), but three- and four-stars are fairly public figures that have to exercise more discretion than he evidenced.

At his level, promotions are based as much if not more so on politics than ability and performance.  Quite frankly, he's stuck his foot in his mouth and been counseled for it, and that's more than enough for Congress to withhold his fourth star.  And quite frankly...I'm not sure they'd be wrong.  I don't have much of a problem with what he said (that combat is simultaneously terrifying and exhilirating is a fairly well-documented paradox), but three- and four-stars are fairly public figures that have to exercise more discretion than he evidenced.

228628[/snapback]

My dad made it to Lt. Col. before he retired. I remember him telling me that to get to full bird, it required too much glad-handing and ass kissing for him.