In the tradition of Festivus, what is your biggest 2014 football griev

YoloinOhio

My grief is this statement from above.

You guys all act like if the bills hit wonders on all their #1 draft picks. If ALL of our #1 picks were hall of famers or even close to that, then I'd agree. But we picked up Aaron Maybin as a #1. C'mon now.

And to think that not having one #1 pick can set us back a decade, that's just ridiculous. A free agent could fit the bill just as a #1 pick and most likely even better. Look what super mario did. Get more of these superstars next year.

You beat me to it. My mistake.

Another complain that is getting annoying is that pegula is the richest man alive and he will buy a sb championship team.

"he's so rich." "he wont care"

"he's filthy rich" "he'll turn it around"

Sabres are freaking dead last in their division!!!!! HELLO. ITS NOT WORKING!!!!! He's had them since Feb 2011. Almost 4 years now!!!!

If anything Pegula sucks!

Are you a Sabres fan? If so you wouldn't have these thoughts. You'd know why they're in that position and you'd also know why the Sabres have the number one rated farm system. Success for the Sabres is very near and much of the same can be felt for the Bills. Same principles will be applied. What needs to be done will be done.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you a Sabres fan? If so you wouldn't have these thoughts. You'd know why they're in that position and you'd also know why the Sabres have the number one rated farm system. Success for the Sabres is very near and much of the same can be felt for the Bills. Same principles will be applied. What needs to be done will be done.

I'm not a Sabres fan. I'm not a hockey fan really. I go to a Kings game once a year. That's not really a fan. I'll watch La Kings playoff games. But that's about it.

I was only stating based on record. So no, I dont know why they're in a dead last position.

Being dead last is usually hard to defend.

im a music fan. Im a bills fan. clippers fan. dodgers fan. kings fan. in that order. bills/clippers mostly. dodgers too just for playoffs.

Hmmm my biggest grievance, the league commissioner would like to see parity in the NFL, but at the same time has instituted rules that favor the passing game. Unfortunately for the large majority of teams there are only a handful of elite quarterbacks in the league at any given time. It doesn't feel a hell of a lot like parity in the AFC east where Tom Brady has dominated the division for the past 14 years. If you truly wanted parity in the league rules would favor a strong defense and running game and we wouldn't see the same teams fortunate enough to have gotten an elite quarterback dominating the league year after year. Did anybody else notice early on in the Packers game that the flags weren't flying against our secondary like they had been all year, and we actually beat one of the elite quarterbacks. I have little doubt in my mind that was a direct result of the officials fist bump the previous week in Denver. It's hard enough to beat one of the elite quarterbacks without rules that favor the passing game let alone beat one when they and the wide recievers are being coddled in the NFL.

For me personally this year there was nothing worse than the no-call on that last offensive play in the Texans game...You will not find a more obvious example of illegal contact by a DB...It could have been called PI as well...That play stuck with me all year...I'm still pissed...

As far as other grievances go...I know the Bills offense as a whole has given me an absolute ton of agita this year...A run first offense that can't run...So there's that... B-)

Thursday night football..<<< can this

Sunday afternoon, Sunday night and Monday night are enough. I do like the SAT games when the college is over

I am usually ready for a game by Thurs night do I don't mind the concept but for the love of all things holy NFL - please make it an AFC-NFC game! 4 days to prep is not enough for the type of performance needed for a conference or - brilliant - division game!

For me personally this year there was nothing worse than the no-call on that last offensive play in the Texans game...You will not find a more obvious example of illegal contact by a DB...It could have been called PI as well...That play stuck with me all year...I'm still pissed...

As far as other grievances go...I know the Bills offense as a whole has given me an absolute ton of agita this year...A run first offense that can't run...So there's that... B-)

that call may very well have flipped our whole season. If the give woods the dpi and we go on to score a TD, I doubt EJ is benched after a win, and we would have a meaningful AFC win over a WC contender. I didn't think EJ played well vs SD or Houston but he may have made it at least another week or more.

I am usually ready for a game by Thurs night do I don't mind the concept but for the love of all things holy NFL - please make it an AFC-NFC game! 4 days to prep is not enough for the type of performance needed for a conference or - brilliant - division game!

that call may very well have flipped our whole season. If the give woods the dpi and we go on to score a TD, I doubt EJ is benched after a win, and we would have a meaningful AFC win over a WC contender. I didn't think EJ played well vs SD or Houston but he may have made it at least another week or more.

My point exactly. Watching Orton against the Raiders/Mack was like Ej against Houston/Watt. EJ gets that win we might not be having this discussion. Lord knows Orton has thrown some BRUTAL picks to guys not half as gifted as Watt but he gets to start?! DM reminds me of John Fox and "Jake Delhome gives us the best chance to win" after the 5 pick performance against the Bills....DM had Woods in his dog house, he seems to like who he likes regardless of the facts. Heck, Williams may have gotten the shaft for said reason. Marrone needs to go and EJ needs to start!!!

Exactly...

But more than anything it was just a blatantly bad no-call...EJ could have gone on and threw a pick on the next play too...Who knows? But that was about as clear illegal contact as it gets in the NFL...It just drove me nuts that did not get called as blatant as it was... B-)

What did we have... 5 games in London? Stupid.

Thursday Night Football. All season long? Why?

Crappy Refs that enforce the increasingly subjective rules inconsitently that completely alters the outcome of games, usually in favor of large market teams?

The same half dozen teams as the Nationally televised games every week. Stop playing favorites.

Fantasy football.

haha good one about TNF. I'm starting to find it irritating as well. It's getting to be too much!