OK.. OFFSEASON WISH LIST/ PRIORTIES TIME

Bocephuz

It's the most inevitable time of the year.. no not XMas.. but the annual in season postseason elimination game has mercifully happened for the Bills and it's time to look forward. At least it was in week 16 this year ( past few years it's been like week 10)

Below is my dream wish list ( regardless of whether or not they may be realistic opportunities)

Also including a list of who the Bills should let go/ not re-sign.

What's on your list?

http://nfltraderumor...fl-free-agents/

FREE AGENTS

OG - Mike Iupati

OT - Brian Bulaga

DE - Jerry Hughes

QB - Ryan Mallett

CUT/ DO NOT RESIGN

RB - CJ Spiller ( luxury item.. not necessary)

MLB - Brandon Spikes ( too expensive ..Kiko will be back.. Brown and Bradham have been outstanding)

QB - Kyle Orton ( too expensive..)

ZERO interest in Mallet.

I'd like them to re-sign Spikes but understand they may not be able to do so. Still, I'd take a big run at him.

Orton's contract isn't prohibitive (and I suppose it could be reworked) but his level of play simply doesn't justify the numbers. I'd like to think they sign another vet in the offseason (but not Mallet, who is not a veteran despite the years he has played in the NFL).

I'd love to see them acquire a couple Guards (Levitre and Bowling sound good, as does Lupati).

With Spiller likely gone--and the possibility that Fred is at the end of his career--they do need to pick up a RB somewhere along the way.

Nothing but offensive linemen and QB at the draft.

I really believe we can find a QB in the 2nd or 3rd round with a massive chip on his shoulder like a Wilson.....so many teams set at QB. There has to be somebody.

Teams desperate/will take QB early:

Bucs

Jets

Texans

Titans--word is they want Cutler

That's the list. Which could also....if there are teams looking to move a QB lower the cost.

Edited by Big Blitz

It's the most inevitable time of the year.. no not XMas.. but the annual in season postseason elimination game has mercifully happened for the Bills and it's time to look forward. At least it was in week 16 this year ( past few years it's been like week 10)

Below is my dream wish list ( regardless of whether or not they may be realistic opportunities)

What's on your list?

FREE AGENTS

OG - Mike Iupati

OT - Brian Bulaga

DE - Jerry Hughes

QB - Ryan Mallett

CUT/ DO NOT RESIGN

MLB - Brandon Spikes ( too expensive ..Kiko will be back.. Brown and Bradham have been outstanding)

Their absolute needs are obvious and you've touched on them.

But they need to keep getting better all over on both sides of the ball...because without a QB you gotta be THICK with talent......and you do that by drafting BPA and filling holes in FA.

I say without because the only veteran QB I see being available is Cutler. I am not sure if that is good or bad.......remember that Philip Rivers looked finished a couple years ago....so it's not a given that he won't bounce back.

But Bradford, RG3, Eli.......those teams would be crazy to let these guys go to save a few bucks.

2014 will be remembered as the year that the trajectory of QB play around the league dipped. With supply low and demand high those teams would be better off holding on to what they have.

One thing that I'd like to see that isn't often mentioned is that a good, veteran receiver would be great.

Just like not having a vet QB around hurt Manuel as a rookie....these WR's have not gotten the job done this year despite ample talent. They have a lot to learn. And preferably from someone who has done it at a championship level. In a perfect scenario Anquan Boldin would be overpaid to do that job here. I don't see him leaving SF but he does have family in WNY so it's not as foreign an idea as it may sound.

It's also important that they keep Donnie Henderson. He might get some DC looks. He is to the secondary what Joe D was to the OL in the Gailey era.

What's on your list?

FREE AGENTS

OG - Mike Iupati

OT - Brian Bulaga

DE - Jerry Hughes

QB - Ryan Mallett

CUT/ DO NOT RESIGN

sounds good

In all honesty none of these guys matter. If we don't fix the qb position we will be going nowhere. With or without Hughes/spikes/Dareus blah blah blah we need a qb.

Agreed with this completely. Without Hughes, and with kiko back, we're still a top ten def, maybe even top five. QB upgrade number 1 priority, then mult new OL, then Hughes if reasonable - in that order