Nate Hackett

Proteus

What they do with this guy will say a lot about the new regime. I personally wouldn't mind seeing Marrone go as well, but I do see the argument for keeping him.

Hackett is another story. He has been out matched by his NFL counterparts from day one and it is obvious. He has made no progress in 2 years. Pathetic!

I am excited every year but if Hackett is back, it is going to put a serious damper on the off - season. So get rid off his ass and Whaley, stop being cheap with the offensive line you ahole. Chris Williams signing was so bad.

Edited by Proteus

What they do with this guy will say a lot about the new regime. I personally wouldn't mind seeing Marrone go as well, but I do see the argument for keeping him.

Hackett is another story. He has been out matched by his NFL counterparts from day one and it is obvious. He has made no progress in 2 years. Pathetic!

I am excited every year but if Hackett is back, it is going to put a serious damper on the off - season. So get rid off his ass and Whaley, stop being cheap with the offensive line you ahole. Chris Williams signing was so bad.

There was another thread on here that discussed Hackett's involvement in this offense. It was pretty well pointed out that this offense is really a Doug Marrone offense that Hackett is running. So, if you want Hackett gone because his offense sucks, then you should probably want Marrone gone too. The likelihood of Marrone bringing in a new offensive coordinator and letting that new OC run a different offense is pretty small. Because Marrone is an offensive minded head coach, it is more likely that Marrone would want the new coordinator to keep running Marrone's offense.

So you kind of have to get rid of both Marrone and Hackett unless you honestly think Marrone would allow a better offensive coordinator to come in with a brand new system.

In my opinion, Marrone has to beat New England now in order to convince me he is worthy of another year. I don't see that happening. And of course it isn't my decision to make anyway, but that is my opinion as a fan. If this team lays another massive egg on offense then I say fire Hackett and Marrone for their lack of ability.

Edited by PolishDave

We can't convert on third downs.... We SUCK in the red zone.... Our O-line couldn't block the entrance to an OLD FOLKS HOME.... We get CRAP production out of our receivers.... Oh, and ALL the QB's under Hackett's watch have FAILED.... ALL OF THEM!

It's MADNESS... if it were up to me, Nate Hackett woulda been fired yesterday for sure.

Edited by #34fan

There was another thread on here that discussed Hackett's involvement in this offense. It was pretty well pointed out that this offense is really a Doug Marrone offense that Hackett is running.

Was it? -I'm pretty certain the actual plays are HACKETT'S design... They may be in accordance with marrones clock-controlling philosophy, but they're Hackett's plays... He's the one in charge of preparing these guys, and making sure they know they're jobs.....

In that capacity he's made an absolute MESS of things... We will never have a viable offense as long as Hackett is here... NEVER. He has to go...

Was it? -I'm pretty certain the actual plays are HACKETT'S design... They may be in accordance with marrones clock-controlling philosophy, but they're Hackett's plays... He's the one in charge of preparing these guys, and making sure they know they're jobs.....

In that capacity he's made an absolute MESS of things... We will never have a viable offense as long as Hackett is here... NEVER. He has to go...

Yes I thought it was. Marrone and Hackett are two peas in the same pod. That is why Marrone brought him over from Syracuse. He surely didn't bring him over for his experience and track record as an offensive coach. He brought him to run their offense here in Buffalo.

I have no problem firing Hackett at all. I hope he gets the boot. But I am becoming increasingly convinced that Marrone is as much to blame for the design of this offense as Hackett is. And they obviously both lack the ability to fix what has been broken most of the year. If Marrone says he is fine with a new offensive coordinator who is bringing in a new scheme, then fine. I'm okay with him staying. Otherwise, I would rather not waste another year trying to get this inferior scheme to work.

This is a test of Marone. He has to see that this offense, whether it is Hackett's or his, is not working. He has to fire Hackett AND bring in an OC with more of a clue about how to get the best out of these players, even if that means he (Marone) is less "hand's on" with the offense.

Sure, they need better QB play and it's not likely to come from Orton, in my opinion. But that does not get Hackett and Marone off the hook.

I'll be interested to see what Whaley and Pegula have to say/do after the season is over.

Edited by Dr. K

There was another thread on here that discussed Hackett's involvement in this offense. It was pretty well pointed out that this offense is really a Doug Marrone offense that Hackett is running. So, if you want Hackett gone because his offense sucks, then you should probably want Marrone gone too. The likelihood of Marrone bringing in a new offensive coordinator and letting that new OC run a different offense is pretty small. Because Marrone is an offensive minded head coach, it is more likely that Marrone would want the new coordinator to keep running Marrone's offense.

So you kind of have to get rid of both Marrone and Hackett unless you honestly think Marrone would allow a better offensive coordinator to come in with a brand new system.

In my opinion, Marrone has to beat New England now in order to convince me he is worthy of another year. I don't see that happening. And of course it isn't my decision to make anyway, but that is my opinion as a fan. If this team lays another massive egg on offense then I say fire Hackett and Marrone for their lack of ability.

I could definitely get on board with getting rid of Marrone and I read that thread buy Marrone's offense doesn't call the plays, Hackett does. So anyone trying to defend Hackett with the Marrone's offense argument just needs to stop right now.

I could definitely get on board with getting rid of Marrone and I read that thread buy Marrone's offense doesn't call the plays, Hackett does. So anyone trying to defend Hackett with the Marrone's offense argument just needs to stop right now.

I don't think you will find one single person defending Hackett for that reason. I think you will find they either just want Hackett gone or want them both gone.

People will defend both coaches because of poor play by Orton and lack of execution by the offense in general. But would anyone really defend Hackett because of Marrone?

Yes I thought it was. Marrone and Hackett are two peas in the same pod. That is why Marrone brought him over from Syracuse. He surely didn't bring him over for his experience and track record as an offensive coach. He brought him to run their offense here in Buffalo.

He was putting a staff together, and Hackett was a guy he'd worked with before... . Hackett also had a history in B-lo as *(gulp) Offensive Quality Control director...

Either way, -Hacketts continued presence on this coaching staff is a INSULT to this loyal fanhood. He's a "hack" peddling an inferior product... If Marrone hitches his wagon to this dead horse, They should share the same fate...

I don't think you will find one single person defending Hackett for that reason. I think you will find they either just want Hackett gone or want them both gone.

People will defend both coaches because of poor play by Orton and lack of execution by the offense in general. But would anyone really defend Hackett because of Marrone?

The article that is posted in the thread he was talking about defends Hackett because he is "just running Marrone's offense".

Marrone is the one making the decision to punt on 4 and 1. Also, Marrone kept Hackett around after it was crystal clear that he is not ready to be an NFL Coordinator. That in itself is another failure by Marrone.

I can't wait for Hackett to be the fall guy and Marrone hires another OC that he can overrule and we see the same conservative offense because that's what our HC is.

I hope Whaley hires the next OC, and gets someone that Marrone CAN'T boss around (like Schwartz on defense).