CJ Spiller Activated

I dont normally do this, but im gonna come back to this thread and call all you guys out when Spiller breaks one tomorrow. So have your "its just Oakland" arguements ready

Just one? What about when we use our waterbug back as a power rusher and he loses yards at least 5 times. Or the safe bet, rushes for less than 2 yards more often than not. Or how about every time it's 3rd and 8 after a spiller handoff we come back. Some of us will have far more posts than the other.

It's like a QB throwing for 250 yards, 1 TD, 3 ints but one of those is a 90 yard reception. Then coming back and saying boy oh boy, our QB was really efficient. I guess that is the rigt description, CJ is not efficient and does not make the most of his carries.

By the way most of your posts make very little sense. There's the really good X's and O's people, then there is the opinions, which are valid. I can reply or PM people I disagree with, because their thoughts are linear and pragmatic. You my friend just seems like a guy banging his head into things for fun. I don't get where your coming from, posts don't need to be littered with schemes and stats, but you have literally added nothing to the conversation. It's like talking to my grandfather. Don't age that way man, you're better than that.

i hope so too. When players play well, we win. No doubt our defense will do enough. It's the offense that needs to prove itself.

"get him the ball in space" is a myth. Good players don't need excuses. They just get it done. And fwiw, he constantly makes the wrong cuts and choses the wrong holes or he would be more effective. How much space do you want to give him? Let's just ask the Raiders defense to play 15 yards off the LOS on all plays so that CJ can get a chance.

This is where you and I go our separate way mrags, and I converge with Jaybee. The guy with room and momentum can make people miss. I don't think he has elite speed, but the dude can shake and bake for sure. Infact I think he's so good at it, that that's why he can run effectively in tight spaces, because he thinks he can always break it....then we all know how that goes. He doesn't, then instead of not just breaking it, he puts the rest of the offense in a bad spot on the next down. It's maddening that he keeps doing it, and it's twice as maddening that the staff keeps asking him to.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I understand what your saying Mango. However my argument is this:

This is the NFL. With real NFL caliber players. Not guys that were good in college. CJ isn't one of the good NFL players. He was good in college. At the same time, he is going up against the best of the best wery single week, also unlike college. As a fan, as a player, or as a coach, you cannot expect things to just go perfectly the way you want it every time. There are other players on the other team that are getting paid to stop you. There are other coaches on the other team that are teaching their players how to defend certain plays, or how to beat coverages, etc... With that all said, if a player is good, he is good. Not some of the time. Not when everything goes his way. The majority of the time. You don't hear Jamal Charles, Lesean McCoy, or Demarco Murray making excuses. Neither are the fans or coaches of those players.

"Get him in space" doesn't really happen in the NFL. He's a running back. He runs straight, to the left, or right. It's that simple. He can't do it.

Now if you want to make an argument for him reviewing the ball, that's fine. But he's not a Reciever. So I will not argue that point other than, he can't be in the field in obvious passing does becaise his blocking sucks, and if he really runs poor routes or none at all.

Defenses don't just let the offense do whatever they want. Good ones dictate what they want the offense to do. CJ is one dimensional.

Just one? What about when we use our waterbug back as a power rusher and he loses yards at least 5 times. Or the safe bet, rushes for less than 2 yards more often than not. Or how about every time it's 3rd and 8 after a spiller handoff we come back. Some of us will have far more posts than the other.

It's like a QB throwing for 250 yards, 1 TD, 3 ints but one of those is a 90 yard reception. Then coming back and saying boy oh boy, our QB was really efficient. I guess that is the rigt description, CJ is not efficient and does not make the most of his carries.

By the way most of your posts make very little sense. There's the really good X's and O's people, then there is the opinions, which are valid. I can reply or PM people I disagree with, because their thoughts are linear and pragmatic. You my friend just seems like a guy banging his head into things for fun. I don't get where your coming from, posts don't need to be littered with schemes and stats, but you have literally added nothing to the conversation. It's like talking to my grandfather. Don't age that way man, you're better than that.

Arent you the guy that said something about personal insults and attacks? Follow your own advice. You post how you want and ill post how i want. X's and O's, nah. Just trying to hone my skills as a wiseass instigator.

4.2 ypc this year. 4.6 ypc last year.

even his 7.8 yards per catch is nice.

Worth noting Dixon is averaging 4.2, as well. Dixon is getting a positional high 5.9 yards per catch, also.

Dixon's career high yp carry was 3.7 back in 2012. The most carries he has had by far are here in Buffalo.

I would be interested in learning what CJ's numbers are for his runs up the middle. If they averaged over a yard, I would be surprised. If they averaged negative yards, I would not be surprised.

This is actually concerning to me. The run game has been at its best the past few weeks. I hope we don't just keeping Spiller for a loss all game long.

If we are gonna pound the rock like that, we only need Fred, Boobie, and Bryce.

Good receiver ? Know his assignments and vet experience. you want him on the field.

But with his lengthy time off its a tough call. He does not have the rhythm with Orton etc. Fresh legs might be worth starting him.

I understand what your saying Mango. However my argument is this:

This is the NFL. With real NFL caliber players. Not guys that were good in college. CJ isn't one of the good NFL players. He was good in college. At the same time, he is going up against the best of the best wery single week, also unlike college. As a fan, as a player, or as a coach, you cannot expect things to just go perfectly the way you want it every time. There are other players on the other team that are getting paid to stop you. There are other coaches on the other team that are teaching their players how to defend certain plays, or how to beat coverages, etc... With that all said, if a player is good, he is good. Not some of the time. Not when everything goes his way. The majority of the time. You don't hear Jamal Charles, Lesean McCoy, or Demarco Murray making excuses. Neither are the fans or coaches of those players.

"Get him in space" doesn't really happen in the NFL. He's a running back. He runs straight, to the left, or right. It's that simple. He can't do it.

Now if you want to make an argument for him reviewing the ball, that's fine. But he's not a Reciever. So I will not argue that point other than, he can't be in the field in obvious passing does becaise his blocking sucks, and if he really runs poor routes or none at all.

Defenses don't just let the offense do whatever they want. Good ones dictate what they want the offense to do. CJ is one dimensional.

I just read this. One of your finer works.

I have some disagreement, but well posted

I just read this. One of your finer works.

I have some disagreement, but well posted

thanks. I just reread it and realized how fat my fingers were this morning. Lots of spelling and grammatical errors. But the gist of it is there.

It should make sense and it is based on facts. At the end of the day, the defenses CJ goes up against isn't going to just let him "get in space" and run for the end zone. Defenses have players that cover recievers. They have LBs that tackle RBs. If CJ can't "get into space" or get open, or run through the holes the line is giving him, that's his fault for not being good enough. Freddy doesn't seem to have a problem picking up 3-4 yards every carry even of its straight into the line. Bryce Brown and Boobie Dixon don't seem to heaving those issues lately either.

I really hope CJ lights it up for the rest of the season and we make it into the playoffs and he's the MVP of the Super Bowl. But even if that actually happened, I still don't want him back next year.

There is a reason why all of us here are not employed by the National Football League. This here is just one example of thousands of threads that substantiate the statement. We dont know jack, fellas. We think we do. But we dont.

Go Bills.

Merry Christmas everybody.

There is a reason why all of us here are not employed by the National Football League. This here is just one example of thousands of threads that substantiate the statement. We dont know jack, fellas. We think we do. But we dont.

Go Bills.

Merry Christmas everybody.

apparently nobody in the NFL knows about football either because Tom Nrady should have been the first draft pick in his draft. And Ryan Leaf should have been hung from a bridge when he was 18.

It doesn't work the way you say it does.

Stats are not then end all be all, Weo. Look at the last play Spiller made. People here love to emphasize stats and that's cool if that's your thing. However, plays like that really spark a team. When a team believes, things happen. Maybe you could find some stats on a guy like Rambo coming in and getting 2 interceptions. My guess is that you would struggle to find much positive on the young player, but the thing that stood out was his quote after the game. He said, "we just believed in each other". Things like this don't show up in stats, yet when you watch the game, it is quite evident when a team transforms after a big play.

With Spiller, all it takes is one big play to elevate the play of his team. Like his return for a TD earlier this season or the punt return of Marcus Thigpen last week. You can see the excitement after the play, but you can also see the edge in the team's play afterwards. Stats are a cool, but the really exciting thing is seeing a team that Billieves in themselves.

I included every carry over 2 years! And you want to say we should only look at a single run (his last) to support the "home run potential"? Talk about abusing "stats!

I included every carry over 2 years! And you want to say we should only look at a single run (his last) to support the "home run potential"? Talk about abusing "stats!

And he didn't even hit a home run. More like a double or a triple. That's if you can cross compare sports. Haha.