Cutler Benched; Clausen to Start at QB for Bears on Sunday

26CornerBlitz

Bears are stuck with him at least thru 2015. There's no way a team like Tennessee who will be able to draft a Mariota or Winston, with all that potential and at a fraction of the cost of cutler, will opt for cutler instead. And none of the other teams being floated about like bills or jets are stupid enough to take him off bears hands at that price. Bears are stuck paying him anyway, might as well keep him on the roster and let him compete with the likes of other scrubs like clausen

This is likely a great prediction. That contract is as radioactive as his personality.

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cutler has looked awful but it looks like receivers are running the wrong routes, the line is a mess, they can't seem to run the ball and there is a total failure to compete. The whole thing is a mess. i wouldn't go for Cutler but understand why the Bills might.

I would spend on Hughes, Dareus and the O line. Coach up EJ and have him fight it out with Orton next year. If a cheaper upgrade QB comes along and EJ is truly finished then do that as well. Not perfect but the Bills have limited options.

I am pulling for Claussen, I hope he lights it up and that he has been carrying bricks in the offseason to strengthen those hands. He was put in a brutal situation in Carolina but he did also fumble a ton.

Meaningful games in December sure feels great....Go Bills.

Ya know for Trestman to throw Cutler by the wayside and go with an absolutely horrible QB in Clauson tells me all I need to know about the coaching situation and coaching decision making there in Chicago land. While I do not think Cutler is on a Rogers, Brady, Manning level (who else is frankly), I do not think he is as bad as he is being made out to be by being benched. I think what is going on there is a complete malfunction of the whole team and now Trestman has used Cutler as the fall guy to try and save his own job. I think Cutler is beyond frustrated with everything from bad coaching, bad oline play, wrong route running, and just a bad team in general, that he has just checked out and was going through the motions. Say what you want about that but I think he performs better on a better team with better coaches, players and better atmosphere.

I would try it, as I don't think if a team was a SB contender and Cutler was the QB that that position was the only one holding the team back, he's not that bad at all.

Ya know for Trestman to throw Cutler by the wayside and go with an absolutely horrible QB in Clauson tells me all I need to know about the coaching situation and coaching decision making there in Chicago land. While I do not think Cutler is on a Rogers, Brady, Manning level (who else is frankly), I do not think he is as bad as he is being made out to be by being benched. I think what is going on there is a complete malfunction of the whole team and now Trestman has used Cutler as the fall guy to try and save his own job. I think Cutler is beyond frustrated with everything from bad coaching, bad oline play, wrong route running, and just a bad team in general, that he has just checked out and was going through the motions. Say what you want about that but I think he performs better on a better team with better coaches, players and better atmosphere.

I would try it, as I don't think if a team was a SB contender and Cutler was the QB that that position was the only one holding the team back, he's not that bad at all.

Old school, are your real name initials O.Q.

Speculation/rumor that trade to Titans is done:

http://national.sunt...nnessee-titans/

Take it with a grain of salt though, cos there is no real evidence in the above article. It suggests that the deal is done and Cutler is benched to protect him while the details are worked out.

Edited by Fan in Chicago

Funny thing Clausen might be better than all QB we have on the roster.

The truth is no one knows. He was put in to start as a rookie on a brutal team with no help. He did ok for a rookie but he had a severe fumble problem and I am sure playing with a d bag like Steve Smith wasn't easy for a young kid. I am cheering for him, from the dustbin to starter would be a nice story.

Speculation/rumor that trade to Titans is done:

http://national.sunt...nnessee-titans/

Take it with a grain of salt though, cos there is no real evidence in the above article. It suggests that the deal is done and Cutler is benched to protect him while the details are worked out.

Makes no sense. Well past trade deadline. And why would titans want him and chew up all that cap space when they are positioned to draft Mariota or Winston at a fraction of the cost, with plenty of room to spare to build out a team around them ? More generally a vet QB being paid like an elite starter and a #1 or 2 overall QB just takn makes no sense on the same team.

Edited by JTSP

Because there is never adversity on every football team what I want is a QB who checks out.