Here's a wild trade for ya

1billsfan

Steve McNair. We all know our Defense and Special Teams are Superbowl worthy. Our offense would be Superbowl worthy with a QB like Steve McNair. I know that he's been hurt a lot. But if we were able to get him to stay healthy for 2 years and somehow get a Superbowl trophy during this time period then it would all be worth it. Tennessee is prime for rebuilding and I think that all of the vets leaving soured McNair and even has him contemplating retirement. I would think that Tennessee might be open to this if they were high on Losman at all. Anybody agree? Thinks it's stupid? Somewhere inbetween?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve McNair. We all know our Defense and Special Teams are Superbowl worthy. Our offense would be Superbowl worthy with a QB like Steve McNair. I know that he's been hurt a lot. But if we were able to get him to stay healthy for 2 years and somehow get a Superbowl trophy during this time period then it would all be worth it. Tennessee is prime for rebuilding and I think that all of the vets leaving soured McNair and even has him contemplating retirement. I would think that Tennessee might be open to this if they were high on Losman at all. Anybody agree? Thinks it's stupid? Somewhere inbetween?

227291[/snapback]

McNair is a fine player, but he's a walking testimonial to the medical arts. And TEN seems pleased with Volek.

I'd do it in a heartbeat, and throw Drew and a Day1 pick in to boot.

As for his injury history, I'd say it's overblown. Since he became the Titans starter in 1997 he went 7 years missing a grand total of 8 games; how many QB's can you find that averaged 15games/year over a 7 year stretch? Not many.

This last year was the first season he's missed significant time since he became the starter 8 years ago, and this year they didn't shut him down until Week13 when it was apparent that Tennessee was not going to the playoffs. So while the guy has taken some knicks the past couple years he's still managed to not only play through them, but play well.

In fact before he trashed his sternum this year (which has since been surgically repaired to make his chest stronger), McNair had become not only one of the league's best QB's but an argument could be made for calling him the best.

In the 3 year stretch before this season's injury he had thrown for 67 TD's to only 34 picks(that's an impressive and important 2:1), completed over 61% of his passes every year, thrown for well over 3,000 yards every year, rushed for 1,000 yrds and a huge pile of 1stdowns while only losing a total of 4 fumbles, and put up a very impressive 92 QB rating as an average over those 3 years.

That there f'in countrah boy is the m-a-n and if Tennessee is really thinking of going in another direction, TD should be the first one at the door offering one hell of a horse in exchange.

Cya

As for his injury history, I'd say it's overblown. Since he became the Titans starter in 1997 he went 7 years missing a grand total of 8 games; how many QB's can you find that averaged 15games/year over a 7 year stretch? Not many.

This last year was the first season he's missed significant time since he became the starter 8 years ago, and this year they didn't shut him down until Week13 when it was apparent that Tennessee was not going to the playoffs. So while the guy has taken some knicks the past couple years he's still managed to not only play through them, but play well.

In fact before he trashed his sternum this year (which has since been surgically repaired to make his chest stronger), McNair had become not only one of the league's best QB's but an argument could be made for calling him the best.

In the 3 year stretch before this season's injury he had thrown for 67 TD's to only 34 picks(that's an impressive and important 2:1), completed over 61% of his passes every year, thrown for well over 3,000 yards every year, rushed for 1,000 yrds and a huge pile of 1stdowns while only losing a total of 4 fumbles, and put up a very impressive 92 QB rating as an average over those 3 years.

That there f'in countrah boy is the m-a-n and if Tennessee is really thinking of going in another direction, TD should be the first one at the door offering one hell of a horse in exchange.

Cya

227338[/snapback]

All true - but QBs have a certain amount of hits to take and IMHO he's pretty close to his full allotment.

McNair had become not only one of the league's best QB's but an argument could be made for calling him the best.

227338[/snapback]

There is no argument. He is not even CLOSE to one of the best QBs in the league. And he never was nor will he ever be.

There is no argument. He is not even CLOSE to one of the best QBs in the league. And he never was nor will he ever be.

Well, that's certainly a well-thought out and fully supported position.

You're right, there's no arguing with that..... :doh:

Well, that's certainly a well-thought out and fully supported position.

You're right, there's no arguing with that.....  :doh:

227388[/snapback]

Because that statement is so assanie that it merits that sort of response.

Brady, Manning, McNabb, Farve, (and I can't believe I'm saying this) even Vick are the class of the league. On the second tier of QBs (this year) you have Culpepper, Breese, and McNair.

Of those 8 QBs you have 3 or 4 HOFs, but McNair isn't one of them. (For sure HOF: Brady, Manning, Farve). His career numbers don't merit consideration for the HOF, he has never gotten a ring DESPITE having been on playoff teams for the past half a decade. And he's more fragile than ICE's ego. (come on, that was a little funny).

Is he a good QB? Sure. Is he better than Drew or JP? Absolutley. But is he the best in the league? No friggin way. Do you honestly expect McNair to end up in the HOF?

Cya

227338[/snapback]

Yes, but there's still the element of how much more he can take, or more so, that's he's willing to take. I say I agree with the overall assessment, just not so sure about his future. I've always admired his ability to play hurt and still be successful.

Because that statement is so assanie that it merits that sort of response.

I'm going to guess assanie is Swahili for "accurate".

Vick? are you kidding me?! He's not even in the same class as Pennington much less McNair.

Favre? Love the guy but he's not even a shadow of his former self.

I give props to McNabb for taking the big step I didn't think he could take; and Brady and Manning both belong up there as well. But when McNair is healthy (which he has been every year but last), he's belongs right there on that list with any one of those guys. And well above has-beens like Favre and never-was' like Vick.

Geez, a guy gets hurt and has one average season and people suddenly forget how dominating he was in the years before that; the kid was a one-man wrecking crew for several years in a row.

And he's averaged 14 games/year since he became Tennesee's starter 8 years ago. The only guy who can beat that over that span is probably iron-man Favre. But according to you, Mcnair is fragile... uh-huh... :doh:

As far as him going to the Hall, who knows. The guy is only about 30 and has plenty of ball left in him. If he still loves to play, then seeing him in the HOF wouldn't surprise me in the least.