Orton may not be great, but ...

dave mcbride

You are such an Orton apologist. He scored points against one terrible team. We average 17 in every other game he has started. That's below average.

And he's a 9th year player. Hackett's offense is not that complicated. Is he had a worse advantage that EJ was at as a rookie - missed half if training camp and a month of the season?

Orton just isn't a starter. It's been proven for 9 years.

You think you know what you're talking about but you don't know jackshit! 10,000+ posts of utter dribble. Get some objectivity. It isn't black and white!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are such an Orton apologist. He scored points against one terrible team. We average 17 in every other game he has started. That's below average.

And he's a 9th year player. Hackett's offense is not that complicated. Is he had a worse advantage that EJ was at as a rookie - missed half if training camp and a month of the season?

Orton just isn't a starter. It's been proven for 9 years.

and you are such a hater it must drive you crazy that Orton is still starting

What are you talking about do we not average 21 ppg ? How do you know what Hacketts offense is ? Have you ran it or you just babbling again ? What does EJ have to do with anything ? Are u related to him or something ? The fact that you keep implying that Orton should score 25-30 ppg by himself is stupid , the notion that time in the system does not matter is stupid, that timing and chemistry does not matter is stupid . These things matter and the fact that people like you run in and out these threads with is mindset that you can take anyone give them no camp and start them week 4 of a NFL season and that the offense would click like the packers or Patriots with no reasoning behind it whatsoever is ridiculous.

This irrational sense of entitlement based on ......nothing is ridiculous

What are you talking about do we not average 21 ppg ? How do you know what Hacketts offense is ? Have you ran it or you just babbling again ? What does EJ have to do with anything ? Are u related to him or something ? The fact that you keep implying that Orton should score 25-30 ppg by himself is stupid , the notion that time in the system does not matter is stupid, that timing and chemistry does not matter is stupid . These things matter and the fact that people like you run in and out these threads with is mindset that you can take anyone give them no camp and start them week 4 of a NFL season and that the offense would click like the packers or Patriots with no reasoning behind it whatsoever is ridiculous.

The whole point is that your excuse making for Orton is just dumb. His learning curve wasn't harder than EJ's was last year.

The job of a veteran qb is to be able to learn offenses quickly. That's why they stick around.

A guy who has a career high of 21 tds is what he is after 9 years. This is Kyle Orton. I like him as a backup. I hate him as a starter. So do Bronco and Bear fans. And after his kitty play Last Sunday, I never want to see him again.

If and its a BIG IF the Bills somehow pull out the last 3 and make the playoffs, I want to know what the Marrone/Hackett/Orton haters will do? I think bashing those3 on this board, is more important than Bills winning and making playoffs.

If and its a BIG IF the Bills somehow pull out the last 3 and make the playoffs, I want to know what the Marrone/Hackett/Orton haters will do? I think bashing those3 on this board, is more important than Bills winning and making playoffs.

Oh shut up. No one hates then. But you can recognize when you can do better.

Whose fault is that? Orton plays for himself. You know what i can't stand about this convo and people seem to be missing, Orton slides in a win or go home game. Stanton and Shaun Hill dive for the first down. Gotta have heart

Call me crazy but I want the dude thats going down swinging.

A pocket passer sliding is shocking ? A win or go home game why are we throwing it on 3rd and 1 in a two down situation ? We did go down swinging as we were still close enough to try for an onside kick with a chance to tie at the end of the game so Orton and the team didnt give up but from some of these posts obvious that some of you did from a play that happened early in the game which is not shocking to me at all.

I think Orton is tired. I think he signed a week before the season started and isnt in a 16 game seasin shape. Hell, i think he isnt in 12 sgame season shape. Thats why hes not throwing downfield, his arm is tired.

But sure, best chance to win and all...

The whole point is that your excuse making for Orton is just dumb. His learning curve wasn't harder than EJ's was last year.

The job of a veteran qb is to be able to learn offenses quickly. That's why they stick around.

A guy who has a career high of 21 tds is what he is after 9 years. This is Kyle Orton. I like him as a backup. I hate him as a starter. So do Bronco and Bear fans. And after his kitty play Last Sunday, I never want to see him again.

That simple huh! Never want to see him again, hate him. LOL. You said he isn't a starter. What is a starter? He has starter dozens of games and we don't even have to look it up. That is a starter! He is not elite, but he can start and produce average play, given he has respectable help on offense. He can't cover up for weaknesses like Rodgers can.

Edited by 75Bills

I think Orton is tired. I think he signed a week before the season started and isnt in a 16 game seasin shape. Hell, i think he isnt in 12 sgame season shape. Thats why hes not throwing downfield, his arm is tired.

But sure, best chance to win and all...

I think Kyle Orton is playing like Kyle Orton.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

A pocket passer sliding is shocking ? A win or go home game why are we throwing it on 3rd and 1 in a two down situation ? We did go down swinging as we were still close enough to try for an onside kick with a chance to tie at the end of the game so Orton and the team didnt give up but from some of these posts obvious that some of you did from a play that happened early in the game which is not shocking to me at all.

It was a straight up kitty cat move. He should be ashamed to show his face to the rest of the team.

I saw Brady dive head first on Sunday. That's why Brady is a legend and why teams are always looking to replace Orton. At least Fitz had balls.

Excellent point! Anybody questioning the courage of an NFL player is pathetic.

Im not making any excuses Im stating THE FACTS you just refuse to even acknowledge them in your hate for Orton . EJ and what he did is irrelevant to the situation yet you keeping him despite that fact that the entire damn NFL knows that there is no comparison between the two players right now .

Orton is a veteran QB but he didn't take over some loaded top 5 offense he took over a team that was run heavy that no longer can run . It doesnt matter what his career high is in tds it really doesnt he has 14 tds passes this year and didn't play the first 4 games . We had a total of 19 passing tds TOTAL last year

Your irrational expectations do not match the reality of the situation . Who cares what Broncos or Bears fans think ? What do they have to do with this situation ? Using opposing fans to justify your hate of a Bills players is ridiculous .

Im not claiming Ortons great so before some of you try and spin it that way just stop it now . But some of you are so far off the rails its ridiculous

I never said it was shocking he slid. I'm shocked he didn't care enough to try. Trent Edwards did that **** too.

How bout we talk about his 2 redzone picks the last few games or maybe when he starred down his 6'7" TE and threw it right to the defender. Perhaps his back up into a sack

That game was never close. Orton threw for a bunch of yards against a prevent defense. He is responsible for awful performances against Miami and KC that directly lost us the season.

He is also a wuss, plays for himself and couldn't be bothered to sweat it out with his teammates in August after quitting his last team to force a release. I want nothing to do with him.

Edited by Captain Hindsight

How bout we talk about his 2 redzone picks the last few games or maybe when he starred down his 6'7" TE and threw it right to the defender. Perhaps his back up into a sack

That game was never close. Orton threw for a bunch of yards against a prevent defense. He is responsible for awful performances against Miami and KC that directly lost us the season.

He is also a wuss, plays for himself and couldn't be bothered to sweat it out with his teammates in August after quitting his last team to force a release. I want nothing to do with him.

Very well said.

Agree, but that's all about 20 other teams have too.

Would I like to find the franchise that everyone wants, sure, but so would many other teams and in half of the case when they do find one it's more dumb luck (see Tom Brady) It doesn't mean they shouldn't try and find one, but we could be worse off. And I don't blame the Bill's FO for not getting one as I realize there are very few to come by. And seems like every year the picking are getting slimmer.

I do think the NFL needs to start aggressively working to develop a Stepford QB

Also would be interested to see how Orton would look with an improved offensive line and actually an off-season of training camp, OTA's etc under his belt.

He's an excellent backup QB, there is no doubt about that.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch