(OT) Any Postal Workers On Board ?

TSNBDSC

... how do you like your job ? ... If you go to the "postal employee network ( http://www.postalemployeenetwork.com/index.htm ) it seems like everybody who posts complains ... are they just whiners ? ... is the job that bad ? ... I'll be taking the test shortly ... tom

226735[/snapback]

I was a city mail carrier from '89 - '98 and hated it, although many people I know like(d) it.

On the other hand, I worked in the accounting department from '98 - '01 and loved it.

... how do you like your job ? ... If you go to the "postal employee network ( http://www.postalemployeenetwork.com/index.htm ) it seems like everybody who posts complains ... are they just whiners ? ... is the job that bad ? ... I'll be taking the test shortly ... tom

226735[/snapback]

I have an old friend who's been with UPS for 18 years. I know its not the Post office but he seems to like how they over pay him. :(

I was a city mail carrier from '89 - '98 and hated it, although many people I know like(d) it.

On the other hand, I worked in the accounting department from '98 - '01 and loved it.

226743[/snapback]

... why didn't you like it ? ...

My brother is coming up on 20 years working for the USPS, delivers on foot, and I've never once heard him say anything negative about his job, his boss or any coworkers (except Lou, a fairweathered Patsy-like Giants fan who knows nothing about the team except when it wins. My brother...a Jets season ticket holder...does not care for Lou's mouth). Having a wife and two beautiful adopted children, he also takes any overtime available...and it is always available. In some cases, as in the holidays, it gets to triple OT.

On the other hand, my brother has never been one to B word about his job as he'd probably find another career before he'd B word too much about it (let alone B word about it online).

My brother is coming up on 20 years working for the USPS, delivers on foot, and I've never once heard him say anything negative about his job, his boss or any coworkers (except Lou, a fairweathered Patsy-like Giants fan who knows nothing about the team except when it wins. My brother...a Jets season ticket holder...does not care for Lou's mouth). Having a wife and two beautiful adopted children, he also takes any overtime available...and it is always available. In some cases, as in the holidays, it gets to triple OT.

On the other hand, my brother has never been one to B word about his job as he'd probably find another career before he'd B word too much about it (let alone B word about it online).

226771[/snapback]

... thanks for your input ! ... nice to hear something positive ! ... maybe it's just the whiners that post ( a small percentage of the work force ) ... tom

I was a substitute clerk/carrier for two summers in 1977 and 1978. Absolutely loved it! Once I learned how to case the mail, it was really simple, yet endlessly interesting. The main downside to a carrier job is bad weather, which I didn't have to deal with much working in the summer.

I have an old friend who's been with UPS for 18 years. I know its not the Post office but he seems to like how they over pay him. :(

226746[/snapback]

I work for UPS and actually like it, all except for the two weeks before Christmas. :(

My brother has been a carrier/clerk for about 20 years, and is a preacher too. He likes the job. He lives in rural Pennsylvania and it is a good paying job with great benefits. With a little luck, he may be the post master in a small town soon.

My grandfather was a carrier for over 30 years, from the 1920's to the 50's !

I turned down a position with the post office in Penfield, NY in 1980 and kind of regret it. The biggest problem at the time was that they start you part time, usually work you at least 40 hours, but could not promise anything.

I had a wife, three kids (including a baby), and a newly purchased home; I needed the promise of at least 40 hours/week. :(