My randomly unordered thoughts on the game...

Dan

Just got in from the game... and here's my random thoughts.

We had awesome seats! 3 rows behind the Bills bench on the 40yd line. Sweet! With that said, its a whole different perspective on the game and one that I'm just not used to, some things I just couldn't see. But what I did see:

1. Sammy Watkins is playing hurt. It looked like he had a good game on the stat sheet, but sitting on the bench you could see the pain on his face. At one point in the early 4th quarter he was literally wincing getting up to go back on the field. I'm not sure if its his hip or groin or what, but he's playing through pain.

2. Marrone looks like the most disinterested person in the stadium. I just don't get it. Half the game, he's not even watching what's going on on the field. Do all coaches do this... wander aimlessly looking as though they want to be somewhere else? Because that's how he looked to me.

3. What exactly happened with Hughes? We saw the pass breakup/interference on Sanders, then it looked like a fight over there. Then Hughes came back to the sideline... pissed!

4. Orton for all his sucktitude was the only offensive player I saw on the sideline regularly talking to a coach between series. Most of the others looked like their head coach... disinterested. Another reason I like Marrone less now.

5. It seemed like the best offensive play calling of the season. Was it? I couldn't see the formations and player groupings so much.

6. The penalties were so bad and so lopsided that even the Broncos fans were saying, after the Bills would make a good play... "wait where's the flag. There is it!" Seriously, how many BS calls were there? The jumbotron showed almost no replays so it felt like we got totally screwed!

7. The Bills fans showed up and represented well! It was a great time and we made the best of a crappy game. The Broncos fans, as well, were generally good natured and took my trash talk pretty good. So, we had fun.

8. Go Bills next week!

Regarding your point #1, I was wondering if it wasn't related to the altitude. Playing at over 5,000 when you live at around 600 feet above sea level will really take it out of you. I have always said that Denver has the best home field advantage in the league for this reason. No one who doesn't reside in Denver can breath in the second half.

Regarding point #2, I think you are reading too much into it. Whether or not you consider him a competent coach, I think it is unfair, and inaccurate to question his dedication.

I had some random thoughts, as well:

Dareus chased down a running back (I forget which one) early in the third quarter after he had broken through the LOS. I had to rewind it to verify what I had actually seen. How does somebody that big run that fast???

I wasn't sure if Orton was capable of throwing on the run, as he almost never does. When he is running outside the pocket, he will usually stop, set his feet, and then throw. After today's game, it is confirmed that Orton can not throw on the run.

This was a team loss. Or, rather, an offensive team loss. It should not, as many posters have remarked on other threads, be blamed merely on Orton. Orton had his share of mistakes, but several other players made some bad mistakes as well. Watkins' fumble, and some very unfortunate penalties, including the one that erased a 60 yard interception return, were deadly.

Regarding your point #1, I was wondering if it wasn't related to the altitude. Playing at over 5,000 when you live at around 600 feet above sea level will really take it out of you. I have always said that Denver has the best home field advantage in the league for this reason. No one who doesn't reside in Denver can breath in the second half.

Regarding point #2, I think you are reading too much into it. Whether or not you consider him a competent coach, I think it is unfair, and inaccurate to question his dedication.

I had some random thoughts, as well:

Dareus chased down a running back (I forget which one) early in the third quarter after he had broken through the LOS. I had to rewind it to verify what I had actually seen. How does somebody that big run that fast???

I wasn't sure if Orton was capable of throwing on the run, as he almost never does. When he is running outside the pocket, he will usually stop, set his feet, and then throw. After today's game, it is confirmed that Orton can not throw on the run.

This was a team loss. Or, rather, an offensive team loss. It should not, as many posters have remarked on other threads, be blamed merely on Orton. Orton had his share of mistakes, but several other players made some bad mistakes as well. Watkins' fumble, and some very unfortunate penalties, including the one that erased a 60 yard interception return, were deadly.

You may be right. Maybe he just has a different style of coaching. But, there were times when the entire offense is sitting on the bench looking deflated. Then I'd look for Marrone and he's 20yds away looking away from the action looking deflated. It just seemed likenthe wrong message to send a team that needed its head in the game.

At his presser marrone would take no part in criticising the officiating, he only criticised himself for reacting to some calls and setting a bad example for the players. I'm like wtf? I thought this was a new era where we had a coach that wasnt afraid to get in the refs faces for all the bs. Instead we have one who aspires to jauron-stoicism

Edited by JTSP

At his presser marrone would take no part in criticising the officiating, he only criticised himself for reacting to some calls and setting a bad example for the players. I'm like wtf? I thought this was a new era where we had a coach that wasnt afraid to get in the refs faces for all the bs. Instead we have one who aspires to jauron-stoicism

Not allowed to criticize refs in NFL. He would get fined heavily...I would do it though...Gave Denver 1st 2 TDs

Just got in from the game... and here's my random thoughts.

We had awesome seats! 3 rows behind the Bills bench on the 40yd line. Sweet! With that said, its a whole different perspective on the game and one that I'm just not used to, some things I just couldn't see. But what I did see:

1. Sammy Watkins is playing hurt. It looked like he had a good game on the stat sheet, but sitting on the bench you could see the pain on his face. At one point in the early 4th quarter he was literally wincing getting up to go back on the field. I'm not sure if its his hip or groin or what, but he's playing through pain.

2. Marrone looks like the most disinterested person in the stadium. I just don't get it. Half the game, he's not even watching what's going on on the field. Do all coaches do this... wander aimlessly looking as though they want to be somewhere else? Because that's how he looked to me.

3. What exactly happened with Hughes? We saw the pass breakup/interference on Sanders, then it looked like a fight over there. Then Hughes came back to the sideline... pissed!

4. Orton for all his sucktitude was the only offensive player I saw on the sideline regularly talking to a coach between series. Most of the others looked like their head coach... disinterested. Another reason I like Marrone less now.

5. It seemed like the best offensive play calling of the season. Was it? I couldn't see the formations and player groupings so much.

6. The penalties were so bad and so lopsided that even the Broncos fans were saying, after the Bills would make a good play... "wait where's the flag. There is it!" Seriously, how many BS calls were there? The jumbotron showed almost no replays so it felt like we got totally screwed!

7. The Bills fans showed up and represented well! It was a great time and we made the best of a crappy game. The Broncos fans, as well, were generally good natured and took my trash talk pretty good. So, we had fun.

8. Go Bills next week!

I was at the game too. I was impressed with the Denver stadium and fans. Great home field advantage. Those folks are LOUD when the Bills were on O. Deafening crowd noise. The seats are more stacked up than the Ralph so the crowd in the uppers appear closer to the field.

1. Agree there. I thought Sammy toughed it out despite the fumble. He went down hard in the 4th and pulled himself off the field, he could barely walk or catch his breath. He still came back a play later.

2. I think Marrone is a nervous nelly out there. In my opinion he's very interested and actually talks to the refs unlike some of our previous coaches.

6. After the game all the Denver fans around me and on the train afterwards acted as if they'd lost. They said it was the weirdest game in a long time and rather boring. They were pretty down on Peyton and thought the Bills were lucky that John Fox sat on the lead. Of course Denver fans thought all Bills penalties were legit.

Overall i thought the Broncos fans were pretty nice and it was more of a family atmosphere than Buffalo. Many more 35-50 years olds with their kids than I see at the Ralph. I kinda' cringed pregame when i saw a few groups of drunk painted- Bills fans screaming through the concourse in the face of all these Denver fans. One little kid in front of me asked his dad what was wrong with all those Buffalo people,? lol I was thinking, man this is gonna be some Karma against us.