The answers are coming in the next 4 weeks

HOUSE

The schedule is perfect for finding out everything we need to know about the Buffalo Bills, the answers are coming soon so this should be interesting to watch.

We are playing 3 of the top teams in the league so this will be a true test... Are the Bills great, good,average, poor or dreadful ?

Will the players fight or quit ? We need to dump the quitters before next season

Lets list some questions leading into 2015

#1 How does Kyle Orton match up against Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Aaron Rogers ? Can the Bills compete with Orton or is the experiment over ?

Is Kyle Orton a winner or loser ? Can we build around this guy or dump ?

#2 After 12 weeks of tinkering, can the Bills finally run the football . If not, what adjustments MUST BE MADE TO FIX ?

#3 Can the Bills offense line protect Kyle Orton against 3 of the better pass rushing teams or will we blame all our offensive struggles on the quarterback position ?

#4 Will we see enough improvement to retain the present coaching staff ?

#5 Is there any future in Buffalo for Mike Williams and CJ Spiller. Is Bryce Brown a suitable replacement for Spiller?

#6 How well does Sammy Watkins play in the BIG games when winning is vital to survival . Can he play at a higher level ?

Who is Buffalo's #1 Wide Receiver ......SAMMY WATKINS or ROBERT WOODS ? I THINK WE FIND THIS OUT IN THE NEXT 4 WEEKS.

#7 Can the Bills win at home like all great NFL teams or will we choke in our own stadium against the Packers? Losing at home is killing this team!

#8 Are we heading for another rebuilding project with new coaches and future draft picks or are we one quarterback away ?

#9 With a safe lead or hopelessly behind will the Buffalo Bills use EJ Manuel before seasons end and actually let him throw a pass ?

Should Orton fail, EJ could be the starter on Week #1 next season, that's some pretty scary stuff. ... :w00t:

#10 Will Buffalo fans riot ,loop and set fire to the city of Buffalo should the Bills miss the playoffs for 16 straight seasons ?

Anything is possible..............please grab me a Sony 60" HD TV, mine sucks :thumbdown:

If you get caught looting, just throw your arms up and yell "Don't Shoot" and that should help.... :blush:

-

Edited by HOUSE

I just hope posters to the board wait the full 4 weeks before deciding. More likely, we will lose an away game at 6000 ft to the the reigning AFC champs/HOF QB , who are actually better than they were last year, and most TBD posters will poop the bed and throw everyone under the bus.

I, for one, believe the team is a highly drafted OLineman or two plus a franchise QB away being a top 10 team. That's it. They have everything else that is necessary. Of course, by the time they pull those pieces together, other pieces will fall off b/c we don't resign our own players. Maybe Pegs will be different. We will see with Hughes.

Edited by 8and8Forever

I, for one, believe the team is a highly drafted OLineman or two plus a franchise QB away being a top 10 team. That's it. They have everything else that is necessary. Of course, by the time they pull those pieces together, other pieces will fall off b/c we don't resign our own players.

This^

Completely agree. I am no fan of Marrone, but if this team gets to 9-7, everyone has earned another year.

I'd think Marrone might, and I'm hoping Hackett is gone no matter what record the team finishes with. The offense is a joke. I for one believe this team is a solid offensive coaching staff away from winning the division.

Then you have to think if Pettine can get hired as a HC, I'd think Schwartz will be given more looks. I'd hate to lose Schwartz.

I, for one, believe the team is a highly drafted OLineman or two plus a franchise QB away being a top 10 team. That's it. They have everything else that is necessary. Of course, by the time they pull those pieces together, other pieces will fall off b/c we don't resign our own players. Maybe Pegs will be different. We will see with Hughes.

Pretty much agree with that. We have the opportunity to keep almost all of the defense together for a few years, which means we can concentrate on the offense. One or two guards, a tight end, and (of course) a QB, and we're set.

Pretty much agree with that. We have the opportunity to keep almost all of the defense together for a few years, which means we can concentrate on the offense. One or two guards, a tight end, and (of course) a QB, and we're set.

Well, we better be real active in Free agency without a #1 draft pick......

We are playing 3 of the top teams in the league so this will be a true test... Are the Bills a great, good,average, poor or dreadful football team?

Average with a splash of poor

Will the players fight or quit ? We need to dump the quitters before next season

Fight

#1 The difference between Kyle Orton, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Aaron Rogers . Can the Bills compete or is the experiment over at Quarterback?

Is Kyle Orton a winner or loser ?

Loser

#2 After 12 weeks of tinkering, can the Bills finally run the football . If not, what adjustments are coming ?

Nope. Need new personnel on Oline.

#3 Can the Bills offense line protect Kyle Orton against 3 of the better pass rushing teams or will we blame everything on the quarterback position ?

For the most part, yes.

We probably already have. At least in reality...and probably IMO as well.

#5 Is there any future in Buffalo for Mike Williams and CJ Spiller. Is Bryce Brown a suitable replacement for Spiller?

No, No, and yes but it isn't saying much.

#6 How well does Sammy Watkins play in the BIG games when winning is vital to survival . Can he play at a higher level ?

Who is Buffalo's #1 Wide Receiver ......SAMMY WATKINS or ROBERT WOODS ?

Sammy will not play very good but we'll all just wait to see him when he is healthy next year before going crazy.

#7 Can the Bills win at home like all great NFL teams or will we choke in our own stadium against the Packers? Losing at home is killing this team!

Lose at home, not really a choke though b/c Pack is just a lot better team right now.

#8 Are we heading for another rebuilding project with new coaches and future draft picks or are we one quarterback away ?

We are one QB and a few other things away. We are not in need of a wholesale rebuilding project, if anything we need to lock a lot players we have in for the long term. We probably don't need new coaches at this point.

#9 With a safe lead or hopelessly behind will the Buffalo Bills use EJ Manuel before seasons end and actually let him throw a pass ?

Should Orton fail, EJ could be the starter on Week #1 next season, that's some pretty scary stuff. ... :w00t:

Nope. Nope.

#10 Will Buffalo fans riot ,loop and set fire to the city of Buffalo should the Bills miss the playoffs for 16 straight seasons ?

Of course not.

-

I don't think any answers are coming in the next 4 weeks . It is all uncharted territory and invaluable experience for this team no matter what happens . The offense once we decided we are a passing team became a work in progress . Who puts an 8 week old passing attack up against the experienced and elite attacks of Peyton,Aaron ,and Tom . We know they are better now and they should be .

Now is the time when adjustments get made though and so you will see who can make them the quickest from a coaching standpoint and who can execute efficiently and from drive to drive from a player's standpoint.

We are playing 3 of the top teams in the league so this will be a true test... Are the Bills a great, good,average, poor or dreadful football team?

Average with a splash of poor

Fight

#1 The difference between Kyle Orton, Peyton Manning, Tom Brady and Aaron Rogers . Can the Bills compete or is the experiment over at Quarterback?

Is Kyle Orton a winner or loser ?

Loser

#2 After 12 weeks of tinkering, can the Bills finally run the football . If not, what adjustments are coming ?

Nope. Need new personnel on Oline.

#3 Can the Bills offense line protect Kyle Orton against 3 of the better pass rushing teams or will we blame everything on the quarterback position ?

For the most part, yes.

We probably already have. At least in reality...and probably IMO as well.

No, No, and yes but it isn't saying much.

Who is Buffalo's #1 Wide Receiver ......SAMMY WATKINS or ROBERT WOODS ?

Sammy will not play very good but we'll all just wait to see him when he is healthy next year before going crazy.

Lose at home, not really a choke though b/c Pack is just a lot better team right now.

We are one QB and a few other things away. We are not in need of a wholesale rebuilding project, if anything we need to lock a lot players we have in for the long term. We probably don't need new coaches at this point.

Nope. Nope.

Of course not.

-

Thank you but I still need to see more...... :blush:

I just hope posters to the board wait the full 4 weeks before deciding. More likely, we will lose an away game at 6000 ft to the the reigning AFC champs/HOF QB , who are actually better than they were last year, and most TBD posters will poop the bed and throw everyone under the bus.

If we lose to den and gb, I will make my decision. You cant stop me.

Jk. If we lose 2 straight. Season over.

What happens we beat the pats only

We are talking about the hottest team in nfl in Green Bay...

Denver in Denver...

Both games ouch.

Having said that, which is nothing really, I would be ok if we beat raiders and **patricia

If we lose to den and gb, I will make my decision. You cant stop me.

Jk. If we lose 2 straight. Season over.

We are talking about the hottest team in nfl in Green Bay...

Denver in Denver...

Both games ouch.

Having said that, which is nothing really, I would be ok if we beat raiders and **patricia

That would have been okay 8 years ago

This is the 5th year of a 3 year rebuilding project.

Edited by HOUSE