Does New England win any Superbowls if with Drew?

Pete

Does New England win any Superbowls at all if Drew is still there?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. Does New England win any Superbowls at all if Drew is still there?

• yes
    • no

Instead of hurling insults, why not back your information up with FACTS?  Where's the link that shows Brady getting the win?

CW

First off, the fact that EVERY MEDIA OUTLET IN EXISTENCE (all of which get their stats from official stats compilation services) credits Brady with the win should tell you something.

Second, see my last post.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, the fact that EVERY MEDIA OUTLET IN EXISTENCE (all of which get their stats from official stats compilation services) credits Brady with the win should tell you something.

Second, see my last post.

226255[/snapback]

See MY last post... The one where you only list one Pittsburgh victory in getting to the 6-0 record.

CW

See MY last post...  The one where you only list one Pittsburgh victory in getting to the 6-0 record.

I see reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

From my post:

6-0 in the playoffs BEFORE this year's Colts game. BEFORE.

Bledsoe had a big part in the PITT game to get you guys there. So without him you wouldnt have made it that year.

225824[/snapback]

drew came into that game with a 7-0 lead and the ball ALREADY at the pitt 40 yard line,and a first down(thanks to bradys last pass wich was a 26 yard dart to brown before he was cheap shot).drew was put into a great situation.

brady was just starting to get on a roll before he was injured,he left the game 12-18. if tom never gets hurt,i would bet anything that the pats win by atleast 17 points. drew hit his first 3 passes then went 7-18 and finished the game 10-21(puke) and should have easily been picked off twice and both should have been brought back for pitt td's. the pats won in SPITE of drew and his terrible play. pats dont win c_h_i_t if this guy and his terrible big game play was the starter in n.e the past 4 years.NUFF SAID

drew came into that game with a 7-0 lead and the ball ALREADY at the pitt 40 yard line(thanks to bradys last pass wich was a 26 yard dart to brown before he was cheap shot).drew was put into a great situation.

brady was just starting to get on a roll before he was injured,he left the game 12-18. if tom never gets hurt,i would bet anything that the pats win by atleast 17 points. drew hit his first 3 passes then went 7-18 and finished the game 10-21(puke) and should have easily been picked off twice and both should have been brought back for pitt td's. the pats won in SPITE of drew and his terrible play.  pats dont win c_h_i_t if this guy and his terrible big game play was the starter in n.e the past 4 years.NUFF SAID

226433[/snapback]

What grade are you in??

He tried to throw three(one of them for a P'burgh TD in the 4thqrtr of a tight championship game) and I believe he also had a fumble that was recoverd by a teammate. But you just go ahead and keep swallowing the fairy tale.

225953[/snapback]

To be fair, Simon, when it comes to throwing bad picks, nobody throws a pick in the endzone like Tom Brady. Did it in the AFC Championship Game. Did it in the SB. Both were at critical junctures and had his defense not bailed him out, the only designation of MVP he would have earned would be Most Valuable Person who almost lost the game.

Don't get me wrong. I think Brady is a quality quarterback who keeps getting better. But for the love of God, you at least need to acknowledge that without the D, Brady in big games is average at best.

drew came into that game with a 7-0 lead and the ball ALREADY at the pitt 40 yard line,and a first down(thanks to bradys last pass wich was a 26 yard dart to brown before he was cheap shot).drew was put into a great situation.

brady was just starting to get on a roll before he was injured,he left the game 12-18. if tom never gets hurt,i would bet anything that the pats win by atleast 17 points. drew hit his first 3 passes then went 7-18 and finished the game 10-21(puke) and should have easily been picked off twice and both should have been brought back for pitt td's. the pats won in SPITE of drew and his terrible play.  pats dont win c_h_i_t if this guy and his terrible big game play was the starter in n.e the past 4 years.NUFF SAID

226433[/snapback]

patswhiponthebills? dude..that is so pathetic...I can't even stand it...be creative for cryin out loud...

Start Game + Leave With Lead + Lead Maintained Throughout Your Abscence = WIN

Get it?

226248[/snapback]

I think it's actually much simpler than that even.

Start game + your team wins = WIN

Brady's playoff record that is cited is his record as a STARTER. As soon as he takes the first snap from center he is the QB of record.

To be fair, Simon, when it comes to throwing bad picks, nobody throws a pick in the endzone like Tom Brady. Did it in the AFC Championship Game. Did it in the SB. Both were at critical junctures and had his defense not bailed him out, the only designation of MVP he would have earned would be Most Valuable Person who almost lost the game.

Just wanted to point out that three plays after Brady's INT in SB 38, the defense allowed a LOOOOOOONG TD pass that gave Carolina the lead. Not exactly sure how the defense "bailed" Brady out.

It was actually Brady who bailed himself out, as he completed 6 of 8 passes and threw the go-ahead TD pass on the very next drive.

After that, the defense gave up an 80-yard TD drive in less than 2 minutes. Brady bailed them out by marching the team into FG range in just 55 seconds. So in a pretty short span of time, Brady bailed out both himself and the defense, and the defense did essentially nothing, allowing the Panthers to score 14 points in rough 2 and a half minutes of game time.

Nice revisionist history, though. I just felt that someone should make note of what ACTUALLY happened.

I think it's actually much simpler than that even.

Start game + your team wins =  WIN

Brady's playoff record that is  cited is his record as a STARTER.  As soon as he takes the first snap from center he is the QB of record.

Yeah, you're probably right. I was dealing with a Bledsoe apologist, though, so I thought I should account for every excuse possible.

Ijust read through this thread which was created over the last couple of days and its fairly humorous seeing both sides of an argument array true facts to try to prove a point which is not true in the whole.

I think the key facts of that AFC Chanpionship game are that Brady certainly deserves true credit for getting his team to the point where he got hurt and my sense is they wouldn't have made it without him, AND Bledsoe deserves true credit for playing QB and throwing the winning TD pass in a must-win game that got them to the SB.

It is not inconsistent at all for both Brady and Bledsoe to have played essential roles in NE getting to the SB that year. The thing which is flat-out wrong to me is that many posters have such little minds that these two facts can't seem to exist in their heads at the same time.

Bledsoe clearly did not carry the team to victory in the must win game all on his lonesome, but Brady certainly didn't carry the team to victory over the course of the season all by himself either. It is the rare rare completely rare case when any individual through his actions or even though the force of his will carries a team to victory (I think Elway deserves some of this credit in a couple of his two minute drill jobs, but I wouldn't even say Joe Willie N, deserves credit along for the victory over the Colts because performances by members of the D and folks like Matt Snell were also essential) and quite frankly there is more than enough credit to go around for the Pats SB win that year.

Brady certainly gets the lead and the lionshare of the QB credit that year. However, protests about Drew playing horribly in that game, insistence of him being prone to INTs and fumbles, etc. really sound like a bunch of woulds. coulds. shoulds, rather than having much to do with winning football.

One can crowd any number of angels on the head of a pin and make claims that the victory happened in spite of Bledsoe. However, he played QB in the majority of a must-win game for them that he won. Arguments that this is for some reason horrible do more to diminish the arguer than they do to diminish Bledsoe.

Tom Brady has been the Superbowl MVP twice.  He has played big in big games.  The Pats are on the cusp of winning their 3rd Superbowl in 4 years.  I say the Pats dont win any Superbowls with Drew and there is no dynasty

225743[/snapback]

yawn

One can crowd any number of angels on the head of a pin and make claims that the victory happened in spite of Bledsoe. However, he played QB in the majority of a must-win game for them that he won. Arguments that this is for some reason horrible do more to diminish the arguer than they do to diminish Bledsoe.

Unless of course you consider the option that it is indeed possible for an individual to play poorly in a game which his team won. Which is precisely what happened in that AFC championship. While I don't consider the fact that he played to be horrible, neither do I believe that it was epically heroic like many continue to profess.

He just played poorly in a game his team won; happens every week.

and the defense did essentially nothing, allowing the Panthers to score 14 points in rough 2 and a half minutes of game time.

So, is Ty Poole playing Sunday?