I've Got a Rope...Where's Buddy

rfk

It would seem that most of the Bill's Ills can be traced back to Buddy Nix...not that Marv Levy did much right as GM. We gotta hang this season someone...

Use of a rope as a tie around your neck is a popular fashion statement. Make sure you tie it tight when you jump out window so you do not accidentally hurt yourself hitting the ground.

i only know what i know and what i don't know...Buddy Nix is laying on a beach sipping gin whilst we live with his bull **** draft pics and free agent moves...as for the tie...oh yeah i get it...so i jump and hang myself ,,,ha ha...right now id only jump 3 feet into a snow drift...sorry my idiot posts with a grain of truth will continue

Nix NEVER should have been given the position he was handed. His drafts were for the most part horrible, but it goes even beyond him.

Levy was a terrible choice as GM, and his name should be removed from the wall for his choice of his Ole Boy homey Dick Jauron.

I stated the day they hired him we would remain stagnant, and we did, even regressed.

Face the facts, since Butler left, we have had nobody even remotely competent in the most vital positions, coach, president, or GM.

Facts are facts, and I just stated them.

Wait, I thought Buddy was a Top 5 talent evaluator? :lol:

In all seriousness, Buddy's refusal to draft a QB in 2011-12 is what's setting this franchise back in 2014. The domino effect was it forced them to draft a guy in 2013 when Nix was being pushed out the door. After years of tape on Fitzpatrick, it should have been apparent he couldn't be a good enough starter.

Buddy may have known a little about talent, but strategically he didn't know much about how to build a team in the 21st century NFL. Mainly because he badly underestimated the importance of the QB position.

I agree, Bills Vet, but they never should have brought Fitz here thinking he was anything other than a backup. He proved it before he came, and is still proving it. Sure, he has a nice game or two every once in awhile, but then reverts back to what he is.

It's painful, and pisses me off to think of the talented QB's we passed on because "We have Ryannn, and he's our guy." F-in killed this team!

In all seriousness, Buddy's refusal to draft a QB in 2011-12 is what's setting this franchise back in 2014. The domino effect was it forced them to draft a guy in 2013 when Nix was being pushed out the door. After years of tape on Fitzpatrick, it should have been apparent he couldn't be a good enough starter.

Sadly I agree with this. I think Buddy did a lot of good for this team given the mess of a roster he inherited, but the refusal to draft a Quarterback in a pretty deep couple of classes even if you were going to insist on sticking with Fitz as the starter forced us into a horrible position in 2013. It means his legacy as the GM is really as a failure.

Edited by GunnerBill

I agree, Bills Vet, but they never should have brought Fitz here thinking he was anything other than a backup. He proved it before he came, and is still proving it. Sure, he has a nice game or two every once in awhile, but then reverts back to what he is.

It's painful, and pisses me off to think of the talented QB's we passed on because "We have Ryannn, and he's our guy." F-in killed this team!

Yep. There was enough tape on Fitz from Cincinnati (2008) and then Buffalo (2009-10) to know he couldn't be a franchise guy. Why Nix didn't draft a QB for the future in 2011 is beyond me.

Actually, I think Nix and Gailey figured anyone could play QB in Gailey's system. Unfortunately they were dead wrong and it's still affecting this team. And that's what you get when senior management hires inferior football people just happy to be in the NFL.

Edited by BillsVet

This article about the game this weekend being moved to Monday in Detroit has an interesting side note:

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/11/21/bills-jets-detroit-snow-week-12-nfl/

"Brandon was in Florida, formulating future plans with the new Bills owners, Terry and Kim Pegula."

Who knows what's a foot. Also interesting that the Pegulas have interest in a record label I'm familiar with here in Nashville called Black River Ent.

C

This article about the game this weekend being moved to Monday in Detroit has an interesting side note:

http://mmqb.si.com/2...ow-week-12-nfl/

"Brandon was in Florida, formulating future plans with the new Bills owners, Terry and Kim Pegula."

Who knows what's a foot. Also interesting that the Pegulas have interest in a record label I'm familiar with here in Nashville called Black River Ent.

C

That was interesting, wasn't it? I'm of the belief that Brandon's involvement in the team isn't good for the organization, but my vote doesn't count. That said, I could live with him having zero to do with football ops and staying on for business development. In the interim, I hope the Pegulas hire a real football consultant to review the team who will make recommendations there. That area needs massive changes right now.

Buddy made bad decisions that reverberate now.

and the Pegula's for all the hype aren't likely to make good ones..the Patriots won't miss a beat when Brady retires and so it goes.

much of it is luck and perhaps the Bills are due some good Karma

Still the new Statdium should be called Wrigley II

enough already

That was interesting, wasn't it? I'm of the belief that Brandon's involvement in the team isn't good for the organization, but my vote doesn't count. That said, I could live with him having zero to do with football ops and staying on for business development. In the interim, I hope the Pegulas hire a real football consultant to review the team who will make recommendations there. That area needs massive changes right now.

Brandon cannot stay. All the personnel in the Front Office with "Chief" in their title were hired by him. Demoting him and keeping him around will create leadership confusion and undermine the creation of a new culture. Even if this organization was overwhelmingly successful for the past (let's face it) 20 years it would be difficult for new OWNERSHIP to come in and make it their own with past leadership still in place.