Does EJ have the guts of an NFL QB?

mdk

Brady and Manning are career pockets passers. The OL is set up for maximum Protection. Its the design of the Offense

EJ is simply not that style quarterback. If you attempt to make him a pocket Quarterback, you will fail, NO DOUBT

Every one?

So seeing as you know, do enlighten us all what every intangible is. And please, refrain from dipping into the Kiper/Mayock pot that you hear on the television.

Yes, every one. All of them.

Leadership. Vision. Confidence. Bravado.

Well, let's just put it this way.

Presumably you have heard of anti-matter.

OK. Consider Jim Kelly to be "matter".

Consider EJ Manuel to be "antimatter".

Now consider them colliding.

Life as we know it would instantly be exterminated.

That's because every last thing that Jim Kelly is, EJ Manuel is not.

Verstehen Sie?

Brady and Manning are career pockets passers. The OL is set up for maximum Protection. Its the design of the Offense

EJ is simply not that style quarterback. If you attempt to make him a pocket Quarterback, you will fail, NO DOUBT

Yeah, EJ needs to be that kind of QB who can simply scramble around, improvise, decipher the Defense on the spot and make plays as he goes along---because that's what EJ's game has always been all about.

Yeah, EJ needs to be that kind of QB who can simply scramble around, improvise, decipher the Defense on the spot and make plays as he goes along---because that's what EJ's game has always been all about.

LOL! I get your sarcasm but a lot of posters on this forum will not.

:worthy:

Yes, every one. All of them.

Leadership. Vision. Confidence. Bravado.

Well, let's just put it this way.

Presumably you have heard of anti-matter.

OK. Consider Jim Kelly to be "matter".

Consider EJ Manuel to be "antimatter".

Now consider them colliding.

Life as we know it would instantly be exterminated.

That's because every last thing that Jim Kelly is, EJ Manuel is not.

Verstehen Sie?

Still don't understand your point that he doesn't possess a single intangible to be an NFL QB, no.

I am not at all stating Manuel will be even a decent QB, I just have hope that maybe the kid comes good.

Still don't understand your point that he doesn't possess a single intangible to be an NFL QB, no.

I am not at all stating Manuel will be even a decent QB, I just have hope that maybe the kid comes good.

As Dante wrote: "Abandon hope, all ye who enter."

It's over for EJ. Move on.

I wish he was the next Tom Brady too my friend, believe me.

But he's not.

That's the kicker.

As Dante wrote: "Abandon hope, all ye who enter."

It's over for EJ. Move on.

I wish he was the next Tom Brady too my friend, believe me.

But he's not.

That's the kicker.

And as George Iles once said: "Hope is faith holding out it's hand in the dark."

Until we find our guy or E.J. moves on, I'll continue to be the eternal optimist.

I agree 100%. He is a modern day Vince Young

You forgot to say MAKE UP HIS OWN PLAYS :thumbsup:

Edited by HOUSE

He has produced at similar levels to Joe Flacco and Ryan Tannehill over their first 14 games (and most every other 1st round QB with "potential.") I think he could use some controlled anger/agression in his game. Most young players are deferential to the veterans but EJ seems to be too deferential. Maybe the benching will change his emotional approach to the game.

Think about his last game. Multiple drops by receivers (Sammy with 3?) JJ Watt earning the highest defensive grade that PFF has ever given even with his 2 of his 9 QB hits being illegal. Plus another 9 hits he suffered from the other Texan defenders. But only two sacks taken. Yeah, EJ looked bad. He probably was messing up on some of his drops and protection calls. It was as if it was all he could do to avoid bad plays. There was no reason to be confident behind that line, that day. I can't think of too many QBs that would have had a good game under those circumstances but the Bills were still a gutless PI nocall away from having a legit shot to win the game.

He should be angry about that game.

Exactly.

Guts? Yes.

Mean streak and borderline dickishness that all the greats have/had and that Whaley, in his bye week lunch with the LA Backers, admitted EJ lacks? No.

His exchange with Timmy over the off-season showed some, I guess you could call it, "dickishness."