Drunk and optimistic.

BillsInMaine

So, I'm sitting here with a good buzz on and my mom calls me to ask about the game on Thursday. Shes the only one around that pretends to care about the Bills. I have a pretty cool relationship with my mom, most all swear words go and bitching about everyday crap is tolerated. In privacy of course. Anyway, I just bitched pretty hard about the beloved 2014 Bills for a good 8 mins. After we hung up I started thinking, cloudy thinking of course. What if this team does have the balls we all believe they lack? What if they Win 4-5 of their next 6 and are still in the playoff race? What if? Im sure this makes no sense but just thinking those what ifs kept me beliving and still, somehow happy I'm a Bills fan. Carry on.

Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?

The guy in your avatar says keep the faith, there are 100 + games of football left to be played and the NFL is pretty unpredictable.

I always thought this was a 9-7 team and even if we get there and don't make the playoffs, I'll be pleased with the progress. Jmo.

I was really depressed after the Miami game and had a similar conversation with my Dad where we vented. He's the only one who gets it!

Edited by YoloinOhio

Was it over when the Germans Japanese bombed Pearl Harbor?

The guy in your avatar says keep the faith, there are 100 + games of football left to be played and the NFL is pretty unpredictable.

I always thought this was a 9-7 team and even if we get there and don't make the playoffs, I'll be pleased with the progress. Jmo.

I was really depressed after the Miami game and had a similar conversation with my Dad where we vented. He's the only one who gets it!

Sober and realistic.

I'm a little down on the common attitude on this site that unless we make the playoffs, the season is meaningless, and the notion that once we are eliminated from the playoffs, wins no longer matter. I watch the Bills play every week, and when I watch them play game 16, I still want to watch them win.

Edited by Rocky Landing

What if this team does have the balls we all believe they lack?

eloquently voiced.

sadly, our belief in their lack of balls is accurate and will only be reinforced in the coming weeks. they are ball-less. we should pity them, these eunuchs of the nfl.

I'm not making excuses at all (though I'm known for doing so probably) but TNF is not indicative of a team, usually, especially on the road. Teams usually look bad on offense. The KC game was the one we should have had. But I would not be surprised to see a healthier bills offense with time to prepare and still a, ever so slight, chance at the playoffs play pretty well over the next couple weeks.

Sober and realistic.

I'm a little down on the common attitude on this site that unless we make the playoffs, the season is meaningless, and the notion that once we are eliminated from the playoffs, wins no longer matter. I watch the Bills play every week, and when I watch them play game 16, I still want to watch them win.

I am pretty sure the Pearl Harbor comment was a joke . Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Sober and realistic.

Bluto Blurtarsky is insulted that you don't know his quote!

So, I'm sitting here with a good buzz on and my mom calls me to ask about the game on Thursday. Shes the only one around that pretends to care about the Bills. I have a pretty cool relationship with my mom, most all swear words go and bitching about everyday crap is tolerated. In privacy of course. Anyway, I just bitched pretty hard about the beloved 2014 Bills for a good 8 mins. After we hung up I started thinking, cloudy thinking of course. What if this team does have the balls we all believe they lack? What if they Win 4-5 of their next 6 and are still in the playoff race? What if? Im sure this makes no sense but just thinking those what ifs kept me beliving and still, somehow happy I'm a Bills fan. Carry on.

lloyd-300x300.jpg

Edited by kdiggz

Sober and realistic.

Rocky, you didn't correct him on Germans, did you? That was the most famous line from Animal House. "Germans, Pearl Harbor? don't stop him, he's on a roll.". Love that movie.

I get the venting. I was sick in a hotel in Boston (work) at the bar, and just getting more and more deflated as the game went on. To think in 5 days to watch the seasonal hopes end sucks!

I still want to see them win the three winnable games and seriously doubt we could beat the three top flight teams. I hope we are at least competitive.

Rocky, you didn't correct him on Germans, did you? That was the most famous line from Animal House. "Germans, Pearl Harbor? don't stop him, he's on a roll.". Love that movie.

I get the venting. I was sick in a hotel in Boston (work) at the bar, and just getting more and more deflated as the game went on. To think in 5 days to watch the seasonal hopes end sucks!

I still want to see them win the three winnable games and seriously doubt we could beat the three top flight teams. I hope we are at least competitive.

Whoops! Went right over my head! (like many things) I haven't seen that move in twenty years.

As much as it'd be nice to keep the hope alive what irritates me the most about the bills is their inability to ever make a statement win. We come up short in the biggest moments over and over again. We squeak out wins here and there just to keep people 'hoping' but you had 2 shots in 5 days to really make the league take notice and blew them both as usual. Every other team has righted their ship for at least a season since 1999. Something has to give!