How Many Wins saves the Coaching staff

rumblefish

14 years. We have a meager chance of staying alive for the playoffs. The entire season hangs in the balance. We're down 2 scores, on the opponents 46 yard line. Late in the 4th quarter. 4th and 6.

Marrone does the math and concludes: "the percentages don't favor us here." And PUNTS. It's laughable. Sad. Tragic. But laughable.

This man is not solving Rubik's cubes on the plane rides home.

Or in the next 1000 years if he could live so long.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The D is solid, the O is questionable. Marrone might survive if he cuts Hackett loose.....the number? Well, not sure its totally the number. If they are decent , say 8-8, and playing well and hard and competitive.....I guess they might get another shot. If they go 9-7 and look like garbage....I think a change could be in order.

Pegula is in the entertainment business.....and that factor needs to be considered by all the die hard football folks on this board. Other intangibles might also be considerations....are Marrone/Hackett respected in the locker room? I don't know....I suspect Whaley has his sources to assess that, we certainly don't here on this site. OK, I am saying this is complex calculus, and will not easily be characterized by a win number. Sorry for the run on answer.

Maybe a 'run on' answer but a smart one.

None. Coaching staff is done here. Whaley has been a total failure as a GM as well. They have had 26 games. 11-15. They haven't gotten better, they have regressed. They are no closer to a playoff team than they were when they took over. Look further away if anything. Be lucky to go 7-9. D Line is great again. Big deal. Not winning games. Anyone still has any hope, you haven't been watching the same team as everyone else.