Cut to Commercials and Replays

For replays of touchdowns/big plays and when cutting to commercial, why do they show the player celebrating a touchdown rather than the play itself? They don't show the catch... they show the superman shirt rip or the spike, then analyze the spike.

Similar thing when watching NE* play, after any touchdown, they cut to Bob Kraft up in the box. Do patriot fans like seeing old Bobby high fiving everyone? It has provided some funny internet gifs, but its getting hard to watch games straight through. I was spoiled for a year with DVR, and now that I have to watch the games with commercials and what not, its tough.

Is anyone else annoyed by this? Or should I stick my head in the sand.

Edited by PortlandiaEast

Sadly, I think it's a matter of pandering to the popular fan. They don't care how the D-line had a stunt to free up a rusher, or a TE sealed a LB on an outside run. They're watching for the rah-rah excitement of the game, of which, the inane celebrations contribute significantly to.

Similar thing when watching NE* play, after any touchdown, they cut to Bob Kraft up in the box. Do patriot fans like seeing old Bobby high fiving everyone? It has provided some funny internet gifs, but its getting hard to watch games straight through. I was spoiled for a year with DVR, and now that I have to watch the games with commercials and what not, its tough.

first, have some respect -- it's mr. kraft, not bobby or bob or the bob-ster.

second, everyone enjoys seeing mr. kraft celebrating in his booth. the only thing better is when they show mr. kraft on the field at the beginning of the game. everyone loves watching him interact with the players and coaches. he's pure class, as is his organization. if pegula turns out to be 1/10000000th of the owner mr. kraft is, we would be very lucky. very lucky indeed.

third, the nfl needs to show mr. kraft during all replays. it would be so much cooler watching mr. kraft eat assorted finger foods while awaiting the verdict than some idiot ref with his head under that tarp.

in conclusion, it would be hard to find a person as fascinating as mr. kraft -- a great man who is great.