Next 3 games - all winnable

dave mcbride

This was a brutal loss, but I take some solace in the fact that they played better than the Chiefs overall if you factor in turnovers. The Bills lost the all-important points off turnovers battle today by a score of 14-3 (i'm including the lost points on the bryce brown fumble here). Otherwise, the bills looked better.

Miami will be missing their LT, and the jets and browns games are at home. All are very winnable. 8-4 isn't actually crazy talk.

Edited by dave mcbride

Even if the Bills win their next 3, they're 8-4. If they beat the Raiders they're 9-4. If they surprise and beat Green Bay they're 10-4. That's winning ALL their remaining games except IN Denver and IN NE.

That makes the Bills 10-6 with a 6-6 conference record. Look at the rest of the AFC teams right now and tell me that gets the Bills to the playoffs.

Edited by TheBillsWillRiseAgain

Even if the Bills win their next 3, they're 8-4. If they beat the Raiders they're 9-4. If they surprise and beat Green Bay they're 10-4. That's winning ALL their remaining games except IN Denver and IN NE.

That makes the Bills 10-6 with a 6-6 conference record. Look at the rest of the AFC teams right now and tell me that gets the Bills to the playoffs.

And they won't even be favored in the Browns game.

On the bad side we're losing all these "AFC Wildcard qualifier" type games. I mean SD, KC and Hou were games against above average-not great, AFC competition. Our AFC record is not good enough, yet. It's a shame two years in a row they outplay KC and the Tuel pass and Bryce Brown fumble essentially killed them. On the good side, a 3-1 November is still in play. They just need to do it the hard way. Miami is a team whose number the Bills seem to have. Even though the Dolphins will be stoked at home Thursday night, we've seen all too often how the hyped up team fails, turns the ball over, etc....and the calm road team plays good solid ball. Until the Bills get that 7th loss I will continue to believe. They gotta beat Miami, the Jets and Browns though. If they do, everything they want is still all in front of them.

Who are all these teams that are way ahead of us? We are basically one game out. If we can get to 10 wins we will get in

This was a brutal loss, but I take some solace in the fact that they played better than the Chiefs overall if you factor in turnovers. The Bills lost the all-important points off turnovers battle today by a score of 14-3 (i'm including the lost points on the bryce brown fumble here). Otherwise, the bills looked better.

Miami will be missing their LT, and the jets and browns games are at home. All are very winnable. 8-4 isn't actually crazy talk.

I really hate to point this out, but these games are equally losable. :cry:

I really hate to point this out, but these games are equally losable. :cry:

They are, but they're not like playing Denver in Mile High. :)

The sad thing is if I told you the Bills will go 10-6 this season back in June everyone would be ecstatic. Who would have guessed 10-6 probably wouldn't get them into the playoffs this year?

You never know. We may see a whole lotta 9-7 at the end of all of this. A lot of these teams have to play each other.

As much as I want to believe we can win these next 3, I just don't think we will. The offense stinks and unless that changes fast, we will struggle to win one or two of them let alone 3.

Who are all these teams that are way ahead of us? We are basically one game out. If we can get to 10 wins we will get in

The Bengals

The Steelers

The Ravens

The Chiefs

The Chargers

We're TWO games behind of each of these teams because they hold tiebreakers on us. The chances of all 5 of those teams going 9-7 or worse, especially considering the cross-schedules they have, is slim to none. Even if they did, that would mean the Bills would have to go 5-2 for the rest of the season. That means beating every team we "should" AND beating Green Bay.

Look, I'm not trying to be pessimistic for no reason. I'm just telling you that if you look at records, the conference records, and the remaining schedules the Bills' chances of getting a WC are slim to none. We can be optimistic because this year's team IS better than it's been in a long time and they WILL end up with a better record than we've seen in half a decade, but they're not going to make the playoffs.

The way I look at it is like this:

-The Bills are a vastly improved team this season.

-All of the weaknesses we've been screaming about for years are finally being addressed. Terrible run D? Improved. Terrible ST? Improved. Oline? Weak maybe, but they brought in 4 NEW OLINEMEN to try and address the problem.

-Winning several games in the last moments when they almost ALWAYS would have found a way to lose in past years.

I wanted to believe this year was the year, but I realize I have to be patient. The improvement to this team is evident. The rest of the AFC just happened to show up this year and will probably keep us out of the playoffs. BUT, this team is FINALLY on the rise and should be a legit contender for the postseason next year.

The way I look at it is like this:

-The Bills are a vastly improved team this season.

-All of the weaknesses we've been screaming about for years are finally being addressed. Terrible run D? Improved. Terrible ST? Improved. Oline? Weak maybe, but they brought in 4 NEW OLINEMEN to try and address the problem.

-Winning several games in the last moments when they almost ALWAYS would have found a way to lose in past years.

I wanted to believe this year was the year, but I realize I have to be patient. The improvement to this team is evident. The rest of the AFC just happened to show up this year and will probably keep us out of the playoffs. BUT, this team is FINALLY on the rise and should be a legit contender for the postseason next year.

All? QB?

Yes all, and I only say that because:

A) Bringing Orton in as a backup was a very smart move. Even after today's loss he's still done very well for us so far.

B) Pulling EJ as early as they did was ballsy. Really ballsy. I would have never expected them to pull the trigger that early. See: The Jets

C) Getting EJ out of the spotlight was the smartest thing they could have ever done. He could still develop into a really good QB.

Hey I can't blame anyone for wanting it now. Anyone that's been following the Bills for the past few years knows that this year felt different. To finally have a team we can say "Wow, they really do have a ton of talent" yet still miss the playoffs is brutal. Up until today they were playing like winners, even in the games they lost. They really have minimized "Bills-like" mistakes for most games other than today. It gives me a lot of hope for next season. And with Pegula at the helm I'm more confident than ever that we'll pony up the dough to keep our stars(Dareus, Hughes, etc.).

Yes all, and I only say that because:

A) Bringing Orton in as a backup was a very smart move. Even after today's loss he's still done very well for us so far.

B) Pulling EJ as early as they did was ballsy. Really ballsy. I would have never expected them to pull the trigger that early. See: The Jets

C) Getting EJ out of the spotlight was the smartest thing they could have ever done. He could still still develop into a really good QB.

Hey I can't blame anyone for wanting it now. Anyone that's been following the Bills for the past few years knows that this year felt different. To finally have a team we can say "Wow, they really do have a ton of talent" yet still miss the playoffs is brutal. Up until today they were playing like winners, even in the games they lost. They really have minimized "Bills-like" mistakes for most games other than today. It gives me a lot of hope for next season. And with Pegula at the helm I'm more confident than ever that we'll pony up the dough to keep our stars(Dareus, Hughes, etc.).

Hughes is the only concern heading into next season. Well, him, CJ's player option and a few rotation/depth players: namely Wynn, Hogan, Easley and Bryant.

This team won't see too many changes from this season's roster barring any cuts, trades or injuries.

Today's game was winnable. Why should the outcome be any different the next three weeks. Orton sucks. He is a 0.500 QB and that is what this team will be lucky to be at the end of the season.

Lose to Miami and it should be EJ the rest of the way.

I would hardly state that he outright sucks. You just know what you're going to get with him... Some plays here or there. Some will win you the game and some won't. All dependent on which shows up.

As for EJ? Who knows...

Don't see why they don't just let Orton front out the rest of the season. They did bench the kid for him after all. Turning it around again would be rather delusional.

No one knows how well anyone will end up. Heck 10-6 could be good enough to win the division. Just a matter of hours ago the Steelers were being slurped as one of the best teams in the league and then they lose today to one of the worst.

Edited by Talley56

And crack is still smokable!!!