Nothing less than 4-0 will do...

Browns win tonight. Bills are the only AFC contender with a losing conference record. They already have losses to the Patriots, Texans, and Chargers. A loss to any of the next four teams is absolutely crippling in terms of both conference record and another head to head tiebreaker.

The Bills have not been to the playoffs in 14 seasons, but they are already playing playoff football now.

Browns win tonight. Bills are the only AFC contender with a losing conference record. They already have losses to the Patriots, Texans, and Chargers. A loss to any of the next four teams is absolutely crippling in terms of both conference record and another head to head tiebreaker.

The Bills have not been to the playoffs in 14 seasons, but they are already playing playoff football now.

The AFC North is going to beat each other up between the Browns, Steelers, Ravens and Bengals. That's as many losses as wins overall for those teams. I'm not sure any more than one of those teams get to 10 wins. We do need to beat the Browns.

From another thread. No way the Browns can survive.

Lets look at the season remainig:

Bengals 10-5-1

Browns, Saints, Texans and Bucs - they should be 3-1. Overall 8-2-1.

They play the Steelers then @Browns. They'll lose one of those. 9-3-1.

Week 16 at home to Broncos and 17 @ Steelers, lets call them lucky and they win one of them. 10-4-1.

Bengals: 10-4-1

Browns 9-7

@Bengals, Texans Falcons @Bills - they should finish 2-2 here traveling to Indy where the Colts will outscore them and their record becomes 7-6. Finishing up with Cinci, @ Carolina, @ Ravens they are going to have a hard finish. Carolina and Baltimore may be fighting for a playoff spot. Lets say they get lucky and win 2 games. Browns 9-7.

Baltimore 11-5

5-4 now facing a soft stretch so they may get some attention. Playing Tennessee this week, the Saints next week then Chargers after they could win 2 of those games easily but lets say they win all 3. They're 8-4. They play @Miami after their bye week and lets just say they lose that but then bring the Jags at home to win. 9-5. @Texans might be key, being 10-5 would be huge coming back home to play Cleveland. Baltimore 11-5.

Pittsburgh 12-4

The darlings they are have it even easier. @NJ, @ Ten, NO = 3 wins. Big Ben outplays Brees. Boom, Steelers are 9-3. The sandwich here is what matters, @ Cinci week 14 then home Cinci week 17. Between that they have @Atl and home to KC. Lets say they beat both. 11-3. Looking at those two Bengals games they will get at least one of them. 12-4 Steelers.

AFCE ain't all that...

Miami 11-5

Miami 5-3 playing two stout defenses then traveling to Peyton Manning will be amazing to watch. With their D and running game I think they have a better chance beating Denver then Detroit AND Buffalo. Lets say they pull of a 2-1 record in this stretch to then travel to Jersey and 8-4 when they go back to Miami for the Ravens. In the next three weeks they'll be lucky to two wins - Baltimore/@NE/Vikes. Lets say they do. 10-5 to finish the season at home against the Jets. The Jets by that time will be chaos and just wanting to go home. Miami 11-5

Buffalo 8-8

Brings KC to their house then a short week to Miami. Throw in the Jets after those two and we'll say they could hope to be 2-1 but just as easily be 1-2. Looking at week 13 against the Browns we'll say split and go 2-2 in the next four games. 7-5. That's not looking to great heading to Denver to come back to Green Bay THEN heading West to Oakland. That's a tough stretch: 1-2 making them 8-7 to finish up against a NE team that may need the win in a game seldom closely played: Buffalo 8-8

NE 13-3

Returns from the Bye for a beautiful stretch of football. At the Colts I think the Patriots win but then a stout Detroit D, a trip to Green Bay and then San Diego may wear them out. They might pull off a 3-1 record here to bring Miami home and avenge an early loss. Traveling to Jersey will be easy, but the Jets play hard at home and might pull it off...but won't. 5-1 finishing the season against Buffalo the Pats at 12-3 want to stay on top of the Steelers and Broncos. Pats 13-3

AFCW

Denver 12-4

So, the Broncos out west are not going to have much resistence the rest of the way out.

@Oakl

@StL

Miami

@KC

Buf

@SD

@Cin

Oak

Finding two losses there... questionable. Maybe Cinci or Miami? Maybe Buffalo or KC? Lets say we find two losses there. 12-4 Broncos

KC 9-7

@Buffalo, Seattle, @Oakland, Broncos. 2-2 stretch. @Arizona then Oakland at home. 3-3. @Steelers and finishing up to the Chargers... 4-4 KC 9-7

SD 8-8

My favorite in preseason. Raiders, Rams give them two chances to get back on track: 2-0 @Baltimore, NE, Broncos @ 9ers, @Chiefs. Jeesh, brutal. One win? 3-4? 8-8 Chargers.

Oakland. 19-0

Wins it out, 8 straight, 8-8.

AFCS

Houston 8-8

Houston is 4-5 now and short of 3 games remaining should do very well. They come back from the bye @Cleveland and I don't think they'll be able to win there. Then the Bengals, another loss. 5-6. Titans at home then @Jax, should win both then travel to Indy and back home against Baltimore to lose both. 7-8 heading in to a meaningless game to Jax: 8-8.

Indy 10-6

Shouldn't have a problem clinching the South, should they? Well, I hope they don't hold back because it won't be easy.

Patriots after their bye is never good. Jacksonville would love an upset and so would the Redskins. @Cleveland to start December? Can Luck throw in the wind coming off Lake Erie? Lets be naysayers: 2-2 here to come home and play Houston then head to Dallas? That's 1-1 making them 9-6 against the Titans week 17 and 10-6 afterwards.

AFC:

- New England

- Pittsburgh

- Denver

- Indianapolis

- Baltimore

- Miami

Destiny is in this teams hands. You beat KC you got the tie breaker over them, you beat Miami again you have the tie breaker over them, and if you beat Cleveland you have the tie breaker over them. at 5-3 the time is now to start to really string some wins together. We could see what this team really is made of, you want to make the playoffs you got to win. To be the man you gotta beat the man.

Edited by billsfan89

If we lose to the Chiefs, it will be very telling.

I needed a win over San Diego to validate where we actually stand. We lost. I honestly can't call the Bills a playoff caliber team. I have enjoyed the wins, but they have not been in convincing fashion.

The Jets win was weird. After three (3) turnovers it was 14-7. I admit I was nervous. Could I have seen the Bills squander those turnovers? Yeah I could.

If we are a good team, we must beat KC. The table is set - it's a home game. The Watkins things bugs me, but if he can't play, then Williams needs to step in.

The rest of the schedule? Who knows. The remaining home games are winnable in my opinion. These homestands needs to count.

Destiny is in this teams hands. You beat KC you got the tie breaker over them, you beat Miami again you have the tie breaker over them, and if you beat Cleveland you have the tie breaker over them. at 5-3 the time is now to start to really string some wins together. We could see what this team really is made of, you want to make the playoffs you got to win. To be the man you gotta beat the man.

Totally agree. For once they control their own fate. But fate is what you make and they need to make it the next four weeks.

Totally agree. For once they control their own fate. But fate is what you make and they need to make it the next four weeks.

Not for nothing.

Every team, week in and week out controls their own destiny. Play smart, tackle well, eliminate mistakes and no penalties!!!

If we lose to the Chiefs, it will be very telling.

I needed a win over San Diego to validate where we actually stand. We lost. I honestly can't call the Bills a playoff caliber team. I have enjoyed the wins, but they have not been in convincing fashion.

Actually, just losing to the Cheatriots told us all we needed to know

Actually, just losing to the Cheatriots told us all we needed to know

That game really did a lot to crush my optimism. Not necessarily the fact that we lost but just how pathetic it was. We were destroyed. It said to me that we are not ready to compete with the better teams in the league. I can't help but feel that even if we can get into the playoffs, we would get smoked in Rd1 anyway. I would be excited to be back in the playoffs, but the bar is so low at this point. It is possible the Bills can go 5-3 and get in the playoffs. Sadly, it also would not shock my one bit if they went 2-6.